Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

echo and the bunnymen

Post past and present concert & album reviews and interviews.

Postby Frau_Blucher » Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:13 am

That's great to hear. Do you remember any of the set list? I'd be really curious about what kind of old/new mix they went for. Thanks for the positive report.
Frau_Blucher
Room at the Top

Postby schwenko » Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:13 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by rewindmylife[/i]
<br>I went last night....Ian came out on stage and it looked as if he just rolled out of bed, or just stumbled in from a bar. It took him a few songs to get his voice back (at first he sounded like he was getting over a really bad cold) but once his voice smoothed out, he sounded real good....like I could close my eyes and really think it was 18 years ago!

[/quote]

So did you see them with New Order and whatstheirname?
If so, where?
schwenko
Room at the Top

Postby rewindmylife » Tue Nov 22, 2005 3:04 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by Blir[/i]
<br>That's great to hear. Do you remember any of the set list? I'd be really curious about what kind of old/new mix they went for. Thanks for the positive report.
[/quote]

They did play a decent amount of older songs (Bring on the Dancing Horses sounded great) and some from their new album...Stormy Weather was one of the first songs they played so that didn't sound as "clean" as it could have. Sorry, I'm not good with remembering every song. I kind of have a 'Nam experience for the couple of weeks after a concert ends where all of a sudden I'll remember another song the band played....hopefully someone else will post and they can give you a better answer.
rewindmylife
Take On Me

Postby driverx » Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:56 pm

Anybody else see them at Metro in Chicago on 11/25?

I'd say Ian was very interactive, considering he threw a spare microphone at a guy in the audience and hit him in the mouth with it.

I talked to the guy after the show, and although he was a bit of a goofball, it didn't sound like he did anything to warrant a mic in the mouth.
driverx
Take On Me

Postby cpaboyishdays » Tue Dec 20, 2005 10:07 am

I'm a fan of the bunnymen from the Philippines

Christopher Olalo
cpaboyishdays
Running Up That Hill

Postby retroman » Mon Dec 26, 2005 12:04 pm

I saw the Carlu show. It was very good. No posturing by Ian. All was good. He even played Lips Like Sugar as an encore when I screamed it out! As far as I'm concerned, this band should have taken out the U2 crowd back in the late 80's. The new album Siberia is sweet too.
retroman
Take On Me

Postby God » Tue Dec 27, 2005 11:36 am

So can you really enjoy your silly little tunes knowing that any minute now we all ALL DEAD but for the love of the lamb. Praise Be Him!
God
Switchin' to Glide

Postby Coen » Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:46 am

Last time I saw E&tB is 1980/81. [8D]
Good to hear that he's still making music.
I've only got one single-record of him: Rescue.

Well ofcourse I heard a lot. The Cutter was a fave song on the New Romantics playlist in Melbourne. Not just another drop in the ocean...[;)]
Coen
Take On Me

Postby rotator » Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:12 am

I've see Echo twice. Ian Mac is pretty fun to watch. I also saw him play solo at a small club in San Diego. The three things I remember most about that show (apart from the great music), Is Ian being, pretty much drunk to the point of falling down.(the mike stand was more of a crutch, than a utility). Chain smoking the entire show. would light cigarette after cigarette, sometimes two in hand (watching the ash build up to about 2 1/2 inches during more somber numbers)...and lastly he was sticking his hands down his pants alot - sometimes reaching through his fly....Rock and Roll.

http://www.gigposters.com/designers.php?designer=47494
rotator
Room at the Top

Previous

Return to Concert & Album Reviews / Interviews