Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Worst concert experience?

Post past and present concert & album reviews and interviews.

Worst concert experience?

Postby WoodlandParkPunk » Tue May 25, 2004 1:57 am

I have been to over 200 shows and the worst by far was Prince. This was about 6 years ago and it was VERY dissapointing. I was and still am a huge fan, but he SUCKED on this night. He played ZERO of his hits, the stage was boring, he rarely spoke to the crowd and all he did was play extended jams. It seemed more like a rehearsal. People were very pissed afte the show, many of them booing. There was no electricity at all.
Saw him last month and he was great.
WoodlandParkPunk
Room at the Top

Postby oneno » Tue May 25, 2004 4:00 am

Depeche Mode 1986 for the "Black Celebration" tour. Book of Love opened for them at a very small college venue in Rock Island Ill.They were trying to appeal to the teen girls and Martin kept air humping the mike stand and yelling "Hey-eh" and then the cro
oneno
Room at the Top

Postby Frau_Blucher » Tue May 25, 2004 4:13 am

Did I mention David Bowie in his Tin Machine period? That Dodger Stadium concert -ACK!!!

There was also the arrogant-ass Jim Kerr who took Simple Minds off the stage after about 5 songs because he didn't think the audience was into it enough. I think i
Frau_Blucher
Room at the Top

Postby bowiestation » Wed May 26, 2004 4:36 am

This does not pertain to new wave,however,I was sorta forced to go see Frank Zappa back in 1982.He played for 30 sloppy minutes only at the Omni in Atlanta--extreme ripoff--especially to his fans.
bowiestation
The Jet Set

Postby scramjet » Wed May 26, 2004 5:53 am

Joe Jackson gave the audience a chewing out for being too noisy during his quiet numbers. I left thinking he was very talented but a bit of a jerk.

Then there's the INXS "Listen Like Thieves" tour concert where the girl I took ditched me at the show
scramjet
Room at the Top

Postby WoodlandParkPunk » Wed May 26, 2004 6:31 am

[quote]Originally posted by bowiestation
[br]This does not pertain to new wave,however,I was sorta forced to go see Frank Zappa back
WoodlandParkPunk
Room at the Top

Postby dead_irony@yahoo.com » Wed May 26, 2004 12:10 pm

It's not new wave, but I saw the very first date of the very first Lollapalooza in July 1991 in Phoenix, AZ. I was really looking forward to seeing Nine Inch Nails. However, they only played for maybe all of two minutes. Apparently, all their electronic e
dead_irony@yahoo.com
Personal Jesus

Postby skinnytie » Wed May 26, 2004 12:19 pm

Blondie at Belmont Racetrack in NY. Rockpile opened for them, and blew them off the stage. Blondie had absolutely no stage presence whatsoever, and I just found the entire show boring. I would have rather stayed home and listened to the albums, but the
skinnytie
The Jet Set

Postby fritzb » Wed May 26, 2004 12:30 pm

[quote]Originally posted by scramjet
[br]Joe Jackson gave the audience a chewing out for being too noisy during his quiet numbers.
fritzb
Room at the Top

Postby bowiestation » Wed May 26, 2004 6:17 pm

Woodlandparkpunk,
Yes I remember Metroplex quite well, The Agora, and especially 688-I sang on stage in place of Jello Biafra for a few of their numbers with the DK'S back in 81-82...saw many many bands there ! Lots of new wave and punk back in the day
bowiestation
The Jet Set

Postby ExRat » Fri May 28, 2004 4:25 am

My worst concert experience happened in in the winter of 1991. I went to see Killing Joke (an absolutely great band) and the show was just a travesty. Unfortunately only a handful of people showed up - I would surmise about 65 or 75. The opening act was s
ExRat
Room at the Top

Postby cubby » Sat May 29, 2004 6:48 am

The worst for me was the Cure in 1987 (Kiss Me tour) Although I like them, the seats absolutely sucked. We were in the last row on the side right behind the speakers. I think my ears rang for at least a week after.
cubby
The Jet Set

Postby Ollie Stench » Mon May 31, 2004 12:32 am

I have a ton, but for the last 10 years if a band really sucks I just walk out. I walked out on Blondie a few years ago during the 4th song. Ladytron was boring as all get-out and I had really been looking forward to that show. I lasted less than 20 mi
Ollie Stench
Room at the Top

Postby British » Mon May 31, 2004 6:16 am

I went to the Ladytron/Simian concert at 1st Ave a few years ago. NOt a bad concert I think. Simian was just awful.
British
Room at the Top

Postby golfer » Thu Jun 10, 2004 7:25 pm

Easily the worst shows I have been to are Elvis Costello's 28 minute show at The Sydeny Town Hall (the crowd rioted). The The at the Hordern Pavillion, I just couldn't handle the bible bashing crap & poor muscicianship (I lasted about 25 minutes). In numb
golfer
Personal Jesus

Next

Return to Concert & Album Reviews / Interviews