Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

New Order/UK Hall of Fame/VH1

Post past and present concert & album reviews and interviews.

New Order/UK Hall of Fame/VH1

Postby schwenko » Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:15 pm

NEW YORK, Nov. 15 /PRNewswire/ -- For the first time ever in the U.S., VH1 will broadcast "The Second Annual UK Music Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony" with the entire two-hour ceremony airing exclusively on VH1 Classic right after the premiere on VH1. Artists who have been publicly announced to date are: PINK FLOYD, BOB DYLAN, EURYTHMICS, OZZY OSBOURNE AND BLACK SABBATH, THE WHO, THE KINKS, JIMI HENDRIX, JOY DIVISION/NEW ORDER and the late, great legendary DJ and producer JOHN PEEL. The UK Music Hall of Fame is produced by Initial (part of Endemol) and distributed by Channel 4 International.

The second annual "UK Music Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony" will take place at the famed Alexandra Palace in London on November 16th and premiere on VH1 as a two-hour live extravaganza on Saturday November 26th 9:00 PM.* The ceremony will be staged in front of a 3,000 strong audience and reveal up to ten legendary artists and one music industry figure to be inducted into the UK Music Hall of Fame. For the first time, viewers in America will be able to witness this totally unique and utterly unmissable evening packed with amazing live performances from top international artists, exclusive video packages and tribute speeches from some of the leading celebrities of our time.

VH1 Classic will air the entire, unexpurgated ceremony on Sunday, November 27 at 8:00 PM ET/5:00 PM PT and again at 11:00 PM ET/8:00 PM PT. VH1 Classic viewers will witness the complete show, brimming with amazing performances and tributes to huge to be missed.
schwenko
Room at the Top

Postby MARV » Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:11 pm

Awesome. Joy Division / New Order getting their dues. I'm speechless. [|)]

I knew they were being inducted but to be able to watch it on television.....I don't know what to say.

:::::::::: |-o-| (-o-) |-o-| ::::::::::
MARV
Room at the Top

Postby schwenko » Sat Nov 19, 2005 3:13 am

A sneak preview:

Barney from New Order mocking Slash's awful Hendrix tribute by trying
to play guitar with his teeth at the end of 'Love Will Tear us Apart'
schwenko
Room at the Top

Postby MARV » Sat Nov 19, 2005 7:40 am

I love it [:D]

:::::::::: |-o-| (-o-) |-o-| ::::::::::
MARV
Room at the Top

Postby schwenko » Tue Nov 22, 2005 1:52 am

I just saw a commercial on VH-1 classic for this show; not a single mention/glimpse of New Order, although it seems all the other acts were shown [:(!]
schwenko
Room at the Top

Postby schwenko » Fri Nov 25, 2005 8:31 am

I read a news story that stated that the highlight of the show was Ozie Osborn mooning the audience. Yawn.
schwenko
Room at the Top

Postby schwenko » Sat Nov 26, 2005 8:05 am

Don't forget, tonight's the night! Set your TIVOs!
I believe that Borat is the host [:D]
schwenko
Room at the Top

Postby schwenko » Sat Nov 26, 2005 12:06 pm

[quote][i]Originally posted by schwenko[/i]
<br>Don't forget, tonight's the night! Set your TIVOs!
[/quote]

No Borat[:(]
And no New Order[}:)][V]

But tomorrow Nov 27 on VH-1 Classic at 2000 Eastern Standard Time, the 3 hour version will be shown (repeated at 2300)[8D]
schwenko
Room at the Top

Postby schwenko » Sun Nov 27, 2005 10:22 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by schwenko[/i]
<br>[quote][i]Originally posted by schwenko[/i]
<br>Don't forget, tonight's the night! Set your TIVOs!
[/quote]

No Borat[:(]
And no New Order[}:)][V]

But tomorrow Nov 27 on VH-1 Classic at 2000 Eastern Standard Time, the 3 hour version will be shown (repeated at 2300)[8D]
[/quote]

New Order is on tonight!
They showed multiple glimpses of them, including Barney playing guitar with his teeth, already.
schwenko
Room at the Top

Postby SwampThing » Sun Nov 27, 2005 10:52 am

[quote]Barney from New Order mocking Slash's awful Hendrix tribute by trying[/quote] You really thought it was awful? I found it rather good, even great. Anyways, Pretenders did a really nice version of Waterloo Sunset.

This might be deemed blasphemous on this here board, but after seeing all those great 60's/70's acts receive awards I was left wondering what the 80's and 90's could put fourth to match their accomplishments and generally impact on popular music, I must say it was quite humbling as an 80's fan to witness such greatness.
SwampThing
Room at the Top

Postby schwenko » Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:37 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by SwampThing[/i]
<br>[quote]Barney from New Order mocking Slash's awful Hendrix tribute by trying[/quote] You really thought it was awful? I found it rather good, even great. Anyways, Pretenders did a really nice version of Waterloo Sunset.

This might be deemed blasphemous on this here board, but after seeing all those great 60's/70's acts receive awards I was left wondering what the 80's and 90's could put fourth to match their accomplishments and generally impact on popular music, I must say it was quite humbling as an 80's fan to witness such greatness.
[/quote]

Joy Division/New Order tribute is on now- that's my response to your comment! Besides, they are only inducting 60s and 70s acts up to now.
The comment about Slash wasn't mine, since the show hadn't aired in the USA at that point; I should have quoted it.

Gillian is there!!!!
schwenko
Room at the Top

Postby schwenko » Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:38 am

Hooky just thanked Ian Curtis, Rob Gretton and Martin Hannett!
And now

REGRET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
schwenko
Room at the Top

Postby SwampThing » Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:43 am

[quote]Joy Division/New Order tribute is on now- that's my response to your comment![/quote] And unfortunately I don't have VH-1 classic. [:(]
SwampThing
Room at the Top

Postby schwenko » Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:43 am

LOVE WILL TEAR US APART which ends with Barny plucking the guitar strings with his teeth
schwenko
Room at the Top

Postby schwenko » Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:46 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by SwampThing[/i]
<br>[quote]Joy Division/New Order tribute is on now- that's my response to your comment![/quote] And unfortunately I don't have VH-1 classic. [:(]
[/quote]

Anyone know how to transfer from a Scientific Atlanta Explorer 8000 hard drive?
schwenko
Room at the Top

Next

Return to Concert & Album Reviews / Interviews