Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

HOW FAR WILL YOU TRAVEL FOR A GREAT SHOW?

Post past and present concert & album reviews and interviews.

Postby Chris G » Sun Feb 05, 2006 3:49 pm

thanks for all the response...

If a band was on tour, and made available a website to network, to travel to their shows, or if such a site existed, would anyone here use it?
Chris G
Running Up That Hill

Postby human clone » Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:57 am

I flew from Toronto to LA to see VNV Nation and Apoptygma Berzerk in 1999, my two favorite bands at the time.

I again flew to LA to see VNV on New Years Eve last year.
human clone
Personal Jesus

Postby ROOSKYGIRL » Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:33 am

I live in NYC too. So far, the furthest I have ever gone for a concert was to see Peter Gabriel in Mountainview, California. That was excellent!

Recently, I was supposed to fly to Glasgow, Scotland, to see a new band (but one that I highly recommend!!!! I'm crazy for them!), stellastarr*, unfortunately, my passport never made it in time. (I will be going eventually!)
ROOSKYGIRL
Take On Me

Postby Mechi » Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:56 am

If I've got the money, I'd go anywhere.... especially to see a band that I know is not coming to Argentina (for instance, The Cure).
But we've been lucky lately and many bands have visited our country. I had the chance to see U2, Franz Ferdinand, The Strokes and Kings of leon.
Unluckily, I missed when Duran Duran and Simple Minds came together last December because I had university exams. [:(]

Mercedes
Mechi
Room at the Top

Postby MARV » Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:58 am

I've driven some five hours to Massachusetts to see Depeche Mode back during the Devotional Tour. 1993, I think it was. The farthest place I've seen a band was Dublin, Ireland for Simple Minds but I was already living there so I don't know if that counts.

<a href="http://www.worldwildlife.org/cetaceans/index.cfm">I dig whales.</a>
MARV
Room at the Top

Postby hutter » Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:15 pm

Back in the my younger, careless days, I would drive hundreds of miles. Anymore, just a few miles, if at all. I hate driving. There's some crazy ass folks out there who got their drivers licenses out of cracker jack boxes.
hutter
Room at the Top

Postby toe_jam_on_toast » Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:11 am

i've often travelled from near manchester in the UK down to london to go to gigs...which is approximately 160 miles.

the last two i've attended were suzanne vega and tori amos.

i love london...[:D]

i should add that i don't drive and always get the train. it's more environmentally friendly...kind of
toe_jam_on_toast
Room at the Top

Postby Wavedancer101 » Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:54 am

I once drove from Cologne all the way to Paris to see Clan of Xymox in 1997..it's only about 500 kilometers, but if you consider the fuel price in Europe's about four times the price that it's in the States it's quite a ride:-)..
Wavedancer101
Take On Me

Postby Bitter Almonds » Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:58 am

Yeah, but that must've been quite a trip through Europe! I'd gladly pay that amount if I could say I drove from Cologne to Paris. Btw, was it for the Hidden Faces tour? That's their best post-Wolbert/post-Nooten album (very little has matched it since).
Bitter Almonds
Room at the Top

Postby design_femme » Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:48 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by Chris G[/i]
<br>thanks for all the response...

If a band was on tour, and made available a website to network, to travel to their shows, or if such a site existed, would anyone here use it?

[/quote]

Not sure if I understand your question. [:I] You mean a website for fans to meet other fans, share travel or lodging expenses, or just get together in a city for x concert? I suppose it might have some use.

I personally never traveled really far for show. But one day I'd like to go to Europe for some big EBM/goth festivals like M'era Luna or Wave-Gotik Treffen… then maybe a resource like that might come in handy.
design_femme
Room at the Top

Postby Bitter Almonds » Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:52 am

I was reeeeeaally raring to go see Roxy Music at one of their European gigs this year, but there's way too many scheduling conflicts with the crap I have now[xx(]
Bitter Almonds
Room at the Top

Previous

Return to Concert & Album Reviews / Interviews