Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Talking Heads 6 / 1975 CBGB's

Post past and present concert & album reviews and interviews.

Talking Heads 6 / 1975 CBGB's

Postby Max Murdoc » Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:18 am

Ok Talking Heads experts....

I forgot I had this...I also forgot where I got it but I'm told it's from June 1975 at CBGB's. The sound quality isn't that great but then again, it's in a small club and it's live so you really can't expect much...and at least twice the sound pans to one side and back again. What I did notice is that when David Byrne announces what song is coming up, the audience doesn't react at all...it's like no one had heard these before. But then again, most of these are from "More Songs" which was released in 1978. It's hard to say...if this is from 1975 then they already had the songs from "More Songs" already written. So I'm betting that this is from late 1977 early 1978. The arrangements are not much different than the final outcome except for slight tempo changes. There's another file that sounds like it goes with this one. It has "Warning Sign" on it.

Here are the tracks:

The Girls Want to be With the Girls
Psycho Killer
With our Love
Artists Only
I Want to Live (?) What is this one?

It's 26 minutes long at 192kbps.

The music you listen to is the soundtrack of your life.
Max Murdoc
The Jet Set

Postby General Boy » Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:00 pm

[quote]Originally posted by Max Murdoc
[br]Ok Talking Heads experts....

I forgot I had this...I also forgot where I got it but I'm told it's from June 1975 at CBGB's. The sound quality isn't that great but then again, it's in a small club and it's live so you really can't expect much...and at least twice the sound pans to one side and back again. What I did notice is that when David Byrne announces what song is coming up, the audience doesn't react at all...it's like no one had heard these before. But then again, most of these are from "More Songs" which was released in 1978. It's hard to say...if this is from 1975 then they already had the songs from "More Songs" already written. So I'm betting that this is from late 1977 early 1978. The arrangements are not much different than the final outcome except for slight tempo changes. There's another file that sounds like it goes with this one. It has "Warning Sign" on it.

Here are the tracks:

The Girls Want to be With the Girls
Psycho Killer
With our Love
Artists Only
I Want to Live (?) What is this one?

It's 26 minutes long at 192kbps.

The music you listen to is the soundtrack of your life.
[/quote]

Hmmm...I have a video of a CBGB gig from 1975, which runs a half an hour long. However, the arrangements are slightly different, as the band is still a trio at that point, and the set concludes with a cover of "96 Tears." I'll have to pull it out and see what songs they do. I know it's similar to what you've listed.

Many of the "More Songs" tracks had been around since the group started.
General Boy
Take On Me

Return to Concert & Album Reviews / Interviews