Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

My 80s vinyl/cd collection at Discogs.com cheap

Post your vinyl, CD's or memorabilia for sale or your wants list here (no CD-R's please).

My 80s vinyl/cd collection at Discogs.com cheap

Postby twilight_radio » Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:36 am

For those interested, I've recently listed over 300 80s records and cds from my personal collection. You'll only find the stuff I've enjoyed listening to, and I'm a person of discerning taste!
I'm a little late posting here, so lots of good stuff has already been sold, but there is still plenty of Japan, Bill Nelson, YMO, Ultravox, and like bands to be had. My listings are accurately graded- yes, you will find lots of G+ records in NM sleeves. Nothing is Mint- but most is for sale from $1 to $5.

100% positive feedback on Discogs and Ebay:

http://www.discogs.com/sell/list?seller=twilight_radio

Please stop by!
Charles
twilight_radio
Running Up That Hill

Postby elektrikblu » Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:27 am

I will definitely check out your items. Sounds like you have a great offering. How do you like Discogs? Is it easy to use and have you found quick buyers for all of your items? Or is it a long-term wait? Just curious. Thanks!

elektrikblu
"Don't look at the carpet. I drew something awful on it!"
elektrikblu
Personal Jesus

Postby twilight_radio » Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:08 am

Sorry I missed your post electrikblu. It seems like this site has been down a lot the last couple days....

Discogs is really great on all accounts. Rather than needing to write an individual description and take a photo of your record/cd, you simply find the release you wish to sell on the Discogs database and hit the "Sell This Item" button. The grading is built in to the system to prevent sellers from getting too creative/misleading so you won't see any "EX" or "G++". There is no listing fee, but you will owe Discogs 5% of the sale fee- which is nothing compared to the gauging your given by eBAy.

Drawbacks are that if the record you want to sell doesn't have an entry in the database, you can't sell it. You can, however, submit it for entry, wait for the moderators to approve it, then put one up for sale. Second, sellers there tend to price stuff rather high, but like I said in my initial post here, my stuff is cheap.
twilight_radio
Running Up That Hill

Postby elektrikblu » Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:45 am

Radio,
Thanks for your reply. I've been struggling with selling on eBay and as you've said, there is much involved in all the writing and rating of each individual LP or single. I give you major kudos for listing over 300 records. That must have taken ages! I also think eBay charges alot for every listing, plus a fee for the sale. It adds up. Anyhoo, I think I should try some listings at Discogs and see what happens. I really appreciate your insight. Ps. Since I've started going through my vinyl, I've decided that I don't want to sell all of it. Just the dupes and the extra stuff. All the best! EB

elektrikblu
"Don't look at the carpet. I drew something awful on it!"
elektrikblu
Personal Jesus

Return to Marketplace