Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Father God America is going to do go down

Reserved for off-topic posts.

Father God America is going to do go down

Postby coop41 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:15 pm

Not the worst thing in the world but this yahoo caused a 7 hour delay in my return flight Sunday, complete chaos in the terminal. Who would have guessed flying on 9/11 would be an issue?[:o)]:

A former New York police officer has been charged in connection with a scare that shutdown Terminal B at Kansas City International Airport.

The former officer had "several items appearing to be a simulated improvised explosive device," according to court documents. The man told agents that, "You guys are going to be sorry if you open those packages."

U.S. Attorney Beth Phillips said Anthony Falco faces two counts of knowingly making false statements to officers. Phillips said Falco lied to airport security officials when he said he was transporting computer parts.

The scare at KCI caused flight delays across the country and in Kansas City, as officials from Southwest were forced to slide gates and delay flights, causing travelers to panic on the 10-year anniversary of the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks. The flight was bound for Nashville.

Sources say Falco, 46, served on the NYPD force more than a decade ago.

"Based on the items packaging, their contents as they appeared on the X-ray scanner, his statements to security and law enforcement personnel and the particulate date of the event, it was reasonable to believe that an attempt was being made to cause the destruction of an aircraft or aircraft facility," according to court documents.

But Falco denied the allegations in court today.

"It is totally absurd. I didn't make any statements. I love this country," he said.

He shook his head several times and said, "It's a bunch of lies."

Falco was stopped Sunday morning when a private contractor for TSA noticed a bag in which liquids appeared to exceed the three-ounce rule. The bag was selected for rescreening and "several individually wrapped bags" were discovered, according to court documents.

During a second screening, the items were determined to have "traits associated with explosive devices."

Falco would not give screeners permission to open the items, according to the court documents. A TSA agent determined that the items were "over taped," further fueling agents' suspicions that the items contained explosives.

Falco was initially described as calm but cooperative. But that changed, according to court documents. He began to chant Bible verses and pray. He also said, "Father God America is going to do go down," according to court documents.

He told agents that they were violating his Fourth Amendment rights. He also later said, "Whoever opens my bag is going to have a very bad day."

None of the items were determined to be an actual improved explosive device. The items include a Big Ben analog clock, an iPod, a battery, a digital camera, a camera battery and wires. The other packages contained batteries, components of a digital camera and cell phone and personal items.

Falco told agents that he taped the items together because he didn't want them to be stolen, according to court documents.

The man's mother told FBI agents that her son had been treated at a psychiatric treatment facility in New York and he recently stopped taking his medication, according to court documents.

During a hearing Monday afternoon, Falco appeared dazed and confused. He asked a federal magistrate for his cell phone, but the request was denied.

The evacuation of Terminal B began at 10:00 a.m. Sunday and normal operations didn't resume until 4:00 p.m.

Click here to read more about the scare at KCI that caused flight delays across the country.
coop41
Room at the Top

Postby djcraig » Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:18 am

That sucks. So were you stuck in the terminal waiting or on a plane at the time?

[quote]During a hearing Monday afternoon, Falco appeared dazed and confused. He asked a federal magistrate for his cell phone, but the request was denied.[/quote]
He probably wanted to speak to Der Kommissar!

<a href="http://www.djcraig.net/los_angeles_dj">DJ Craig</a>
djcraig
Room at the Top

Postby Frau_Blucher » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:29 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by djcraig[/i]
<br>That sucks. So were you stuck in the terminal waiting or on a plane at the time?

[quote]During a hearing Monday afternoon, Falco appeared dazed and confused. He asked a federal magistrate for his cell phone, but the request was denied.[/quote]
He probably wanted to speak to Der Kommissar!
[/quote]
Frau_Blucher
Room at the Top

Return to —Not Necessarily New Wave—