Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

why this world is doomed!

Reserved for off-topic posts.

why this world is doomed!

Postby phillyidol » Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:21 am

I just came back from walking my dog at the park and I was lucky enough to be behind 3 women talking. Their conversation sums up the state of this planet and all its problems.

woman1-you know we visited a farm?

woman 2- really, how was it?

woman1- Dave got hurt.

woman2- really, what happened?

woman1- at the farm he got pecked by a chicken. It picked on his ear. We NOW ARE SUING! WE HAVE A 75 THOUSAND DOLLAR LAW SUIT AGAINST THE FARM FOR HAVING DANGEROUS ANIMALS!

Phil- I am embarassed to be a human being today!
phillyidol
Room at the Top

Postby 909 » Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:35 am

[quote]Originally posted by phillyidol
[br]I just came back from walking my dog at the park and I was lucky enough to be behind 3 wo
Take On Me

Postby phillyidol » Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:42 am

Can you imagine the lawyer that is on that case? And there are 20 more waiting for a case like it.
phillyidol
Room at the Top

Postby Grunch » Fri Sep 24, 2004 11:11 am

America is the land of frivolous lawsuits. I think there ought to be some law that says if a lwsuit is brought before the court, and deemed frivolou, such as this chickensh*t incident,then the plaintiff would pay all fees for the defendant, be charged a c
Grunch
Room at the Top

Postby hexicon » Fri Sep 24, 2004 11:11 am

Sorry to be predictable in defense of my profession, but I need to say that most lawyers aren't like that. [:D] Yes, I know some are. But a lot of times these trashy sorts of would-be plaintiffs (and yes, they often are not very nice people) make a big
hexicon
Room at the Top

Postby Grunch » Fri Sep 24, 2004 11:19 am

I agree hexicon, actually a long time friend of mine is an criminal attorney, and spuses of two good friends are attorneys (one actually a judge) I am generalizing about those that would take the cases. Not sure about where you live, but in Texas, these a
Grunch
Room at the Top

Postby EchoBeachBunnyBoy » Fri Sep 24, 2004 11:40 am

I love those ads from the LawDocs. They are lawyers who are also doctors! Can it get any more insane?
[B)]
EchoBeachBunnyBoy
Personal Jesus

Postby hexicon » Fri Sep 24, 2004 11:41 am

Don't worry, Grunch, it would take a lot more than that to offend me.

In most states, the court has an ability to assess sanctions against lawyers who make a filing without an appropriate basis in fact and law. Here in my state they're called Rule 1
hexicon
Room at the Top

Postby Grunch » Fri Sep 24, 2004 1:06 pm

I see everyone foremost as a person trusting me to do the right thing. I take it from there. It usually works out ok, but my past experiences with depositions, even as an expert witness, have not been pleasant. I fully realize the attorneys for both sides
Grunch
Room at the Top

Postby hexicon » Fri Sep 24, 2004 2:53 pm

[quote][i]Originally posted by Grunch[/i]
<br>It amazes me how they can so quickly separate the business and chat about the kids 5 minutes
hexicon
Room at the Top

Postby phillyidol » Sat Sep 25, 2004 1:24 am

Hex- you are not a new york lawyer. A man that raped and killed a coworker was in jail 11 years before the case went to trial. The courts here are full of I burned myself with coffee lawsuits. When it snows every home owner starts to freak out because if
phillyidol
Room at the Top

Postby KYYX4ever » Sat Sep 25, 2004 1:58 am

That is one crazy story. I get so twisted when I hear stuff like that. It's not the lawyers' fault, either. Hex is right--of course most lawyers want to do the right thing. Phillyidol also said an interesting thing that in NYC, people sue when they slip
KYYX4ever
Room at the Top

Postby devildog » Sat Sep 25, 2004 2:15 am

Interesting story, Philly. It is indeed scary the mindset that is ou there. Working in the medical profession myself, I have to take many precautions to avoid legal snafus. We have a real "CYA" mentality.

Now, my wife is an attorney and she thinks i
devildog
The Jet Set

Postby middlesexnj » Sat Sep 25, 2004 3:45 am

[quote]Originally posted by phillyidol
[br] at the farm he got pecked by a chicken. It picked on his ear. We NOW ARE SUING! WE HAVE
middlesexnj
The Jet Set

Postby phillyidol » Sat Sep 25, 2004 9:44 am

Very good points everyone. And I agree, people(most) don't take responsibility for their actions. By the was, I'm going to sue micro soft because I hurt my finger while typing. Oh hech, I'm suing you guys too, nothing personal.
phillyidol
Room at the Top

Next

Return to —Not Necessarily New Wave—