Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Good grades ? Or not ?

Reserved for off-topic posts.

Good grades ? Or not ?

Postby KYYX4ever » Sat Oct 02, 2004 7:05 am

So, were you a good student in high school ?
Did it really matter ? Or did/do you regret not paying more attention/taking advantage of what HS had to offer ?

Me? I had a 4.0--I was such a New Wave geek--I loved HS, for the most part. I was a good student and really enjoyed my classes and teachers. OTOH, the drama with the popular kids/jocks was stupid; dances, assemblies, spirit were pretty lame but it depended with whom you were running.
KYYX4ever
Room at the Top

Postby phillyidol » Sat Oct 02, 2004 9:01 am

I just got by in h.s. The funny thing is that I have 164 i.q. Thats pretty high. I owe my grades to all the stupid stuff that happens in school. But after getting out of h.s. I got a thirst for knowledge. I love to learn.I have alot of information on alot
phillyidol
Room at the Top

Postby buffalochipz » Sat Oct 02, 2004 11:26 am

I graduated 111th out of 222 students. I would say that's the definition of average. Was a HUGE procrastinator and always waited until a few days before due dates to start research papers and other large projects. Took six years to get through college
buffalochipz
Personal Jesus

Postby Ollie Stench » Sat Oct 02, 2004 3:08 pm

I graduated HS with a 3.8... somewhere in the top 50 out of 400+. Was denied entrance in the Nat'l Honor Society because of my "attitude".

I loved HS, but then again by my Jr. year I was spending at least half the day in the TV studio.
Ollie Stench
Room at the Top

Postby Frayo » Sun Oct 03, 2004 1:12 am

High School...
Interesting thought. Was like not long ago at all for me.
My grades-- shoddy.
Save for math and science. Took AP courses and did well in them. The reason why is that I didnt try.
I was humiliated and tortured, until I snapped on a kid d
Frayo
Room at the Top

Postby nowhere girl » Sun Oct 03, 2004 4:24 am

I was into school before 8th grade, then my grades began to dip as I spent all of my free time hanging out with my punk and new wave friends and boyfriends, reading fanzines, listening to music, and, for a while, partying. The last two years of high scho
nowhere girl
Personal Jesus

Postby Otters Walk Among Us » Sun Oct 03, 2004 9:25 am

I did fine in high school, graduated 12th in a class of 125. the problem was that i was able to coast so easily through high school that i never really learned how to study, so i was much less successful in college. i barely graduated, and only finished
Otters Walk Among Us
The Jet Set

Postby ghosty » Sun Oct 03, 2004 9:48 am

I excelled in History, English and the Sciences and was a pretty good student overall in High School (except for anything math related where I tanked repeatedly). Had great teachers who were very encouraging while term papers and the like came very easily
ghosty
Room at the Top

Postby Quite Life » Tue Oct 05, 2004 2:31 pm

In HS I was a mediocer(sp?) student as you can tell by my steller spelling skills infact I was a 300/1 odds at ever winning a local spelling bee. My GPA in HS ranged from 1.6 to 3.0. In college it was very different in Chistian college I went to it was
Quite Life
Room at the Top

Postby Rubbeet921 » Wed Oct 06, 2004 7:37 pm

I was one of the top students during highschool. I excelled in English/Grammar/Spelling (I was always an English substitute teacher during Teachers' Day) but I'm rather dumb in Math, really dumb I had to always sit beside my bestfriend who had the gift of
Rubbeet921
Room at the Top

Postby Sean » Thu Oct 07, 2004 6:07 am

I was Co-Validictorian in my high school, basically tied for 1st place. I got 1 B and the rest were all A's. Yes I was a nerd and I still am a nerd, although a lot more lazy. :) I can't sit through another class though. I'll definitely fall asleep in
Sean
Room at the Top

Postby WoodlandParkPunk » Thu Oct 07, 2004 6:13 am

I got high.., I mean by, in high school. School was just a social gathering. Were we supposed to learn stuff??
Just kidding. School was pretty easy for me.
WoodlandParkPunk
Room at the Top

Return to —Not Necessarily New Wave—