Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Favorite scary/suspense films

Reserved for off-topic posts.

Postby phillyidol » Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:24 am

SLEEPY HALLOW- Johnny Depp! I loved that movie. Depp rules! Walken was great too as the headless horseman.

Horror girl, remember a movie with Deforest Kelly from star trek about giant rabbits attacking a town?

Santa Clause conquers the martians was a b movie holliday classic! I own it!
I also own Santa vs. the snowmen. Its an animated movie that rules!
phillyidol
Room at the Top

Postby WolverineSyr » Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:59 am

I love Sleepy Hollow too. I love the part when Christina Ricci is in the church drawing pentagrams with the blindfold on.

The DeForest Kelly rabbit movie is "Night of the Lepus." It also starred Janet Lee. It has the distinction of having one of the most unintentionally funny lines "Attention! Ladies and gentlemen! There is a herd of killer rabbits headed this way and we desperately need your help!"
I've never seen it - but really would love too.

Remember all of those giant or killer animal movies that came out in the mid-70s? Food of the Gods, Day of the Animals, Grizzly - loved them all!
WolverineSyr
Room at the Top

Postby phillyidol » Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:19 am

There was one movie at that time with a giant bear that was inside out. It had no skin because of chemicals in the enviroment. It was gross!
Remember at the end of food of the gods? The kids drinking the milk?
phillyidol
Room at the Top

Postby WolverineSyr » Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:31 am

I think that was called the Prophecy, philly - it was a GIANT-inside-out bear & it terrorized Adrian from Rocky. I saw it again a year or two ago on cable. It had something to do with pollution and Indians and spells and scientists...and of course, a giant inside-out bear.

Man, I remember waaaay too much about really bad 70's monster movies.

Remember Frogs? Tell me, just how does a herd of frogs kill people? Frogs always struck me as being pacifists...
WolverineSyr
Room at the Top

Postby phillyidol » Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:34 am

LOL! You are good! I will always love 60's b- movies the best. They are so corny I love them.
phillyidol
Room at the Top

Postby waukena » Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:06 am

oh man, that just made me think of "Night of the Lepus' about giant crazed blood thirsty rabbits...classic stuff...it came out when I was about 12 and I still thought it was corny as hell...

The Karen Black trilogy of terror with the little man was a whoooooooooole different story...*shudder*

and I think one of the other 2 in that trilogy were one about a guy and his wife getting locked in a department store at night with crazed doberman's on the prowl...
waukena
Room at the Top

Postby phillyidol » Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:09 am

DUDES!!!!!!!!
I just saw a comercial for a horror dvd. 50 horror classics for 19 bucks! I am ordering it! Old 50's stuff and more. Anybody see the comercial?

Horrorgirl, this looks like something you would like too.
phillyidol
Room at the Top

Postby ben_at_work » Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:51 am

I remember an 80's B horror flick called "the Beast Within" about some numbskull who turns into a locost. His back of his neck starts to split open and he kills people before he finally sheds his skin. Does anyone else remember this. Yes Philly I did see that, looks cool. Let us know how it is.
ben_at_work
Room at the Top

Postby WolverineSyr » Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:03 am

Philly is it this?
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0001H ... ance&n=130

Or, is it this?
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0001H ... ance&n=130

I actually like this one - old TV movies from the 70's & 80's - it has "SnowBeast" on it!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002V ... d&v=glance
WolverineSyr
Room at the Top

Postby phillyidol » Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:26 am

I think thats it but it only costs 19 bucks. It has the same movies I think but its a phone order thing. They said its 25 movies and they added another 25. I'll have to see if I see the commercial again. That sci fi one looks great!
phillyidol
Room at the Top

Postby Horrorgrrl » Fri Nov 04, 2005 1:56 pm

[quote][i]Originally posted by phillyidol[/i]
<br>SLEEPY HALLOW- Johnny Depp! I loved that movie. Depp rules! Walken was great too as the headless horseman.

Horror girl, remember a movie with Deforest Kelly from star trek about giant rabbits attacking a town?

Santa Clause conquers the martians was a b movie holliday classic! I own it!
I also own Santa vs. the snowmen. Its an animated movie that rules!

[/quote]

Oh yeah, baby! That would be the wonderfully cheesy "Night Of The Lepus". Great stuff!

Tess[8D]

------------------------

Tess's Indie-Wave:

http://www.live365.com/stations/horrorfreak13
Horrorgrrl
The Jet Set

Previous

Return to —Not Necessarily New Wave—