Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

What States let you carry a pistol?

Reserved for off-topic posts.

What States let you carry a pistol?

Postby phillyidol » Thu Oct 21, 2004 7:13 am

I'm just wondering because we speak to people from all over. I think Texas is a yes. Mass. is yes. NY no. In fact if it can be used as a weapon, its illeagal here.
phillyidol
Room at the Top

Postby fritzb » Thu Oct 21, 2004 7:39 am

Many states have what are called Consealed Carry Laws. It basically permits a person to get a permit to carry a consealed firearm, usually a pistol. The particulars and restrictions vary from state to state, but generally you must apply to get the permi
fritzb
Room at the Top

Postby Grunch » Thu Oct 21, 2004 8:21 am

Texas definitely is legal with a permit, as stated. While I understand it and support it, I also know it backfires and the innocent end up injured and killed instead of the criminal sometimes. I do believe in having a gun to protect my family, and would n
Grunch
Room at the Top

Postby middlesexnj » Thu Oct 21, 2004 8:40 am

PA allows concealed weapons. Some guy shot himself in the foot in the restroom of the Cartwheel, a gay club near New Hope, PA. He managed to get to his car before phoning for help, then claimed he just pulled into the lot from the road. The blood trail fr
middlesexnj
The Jet Set

Postby beatschool » Thu Oct 21, 2004 9:00 am

I'm just wondering why everyone is living in such a constant state of fear. I'm not against gun ownership, I just can't understand the paranoia.
beatschool
The Jet Set

Postby pikeprof » Thu Oct 21, 2004 9:10 am

I don't think ANY state allows ME to carry a gun.
pikeprof
Personal Jesus

Postby Quite Life » Thu Oct 21, 2004 9:13 am

Nevada! I sometimes will go to Reno for gun shows. And talk to the locals who frequently carry conciel.
Quite Life
Room at the Top

Postby phillyidol » Thu Oct 21, 2004 9:23 am

I guess it would be a great world if we could live without fear. If you have been a victim of violence you would want to prevent it from happening again I guess. Living in Brooklyn NY, there is always a threat. I can't carry because everything that can be
phillyidol
Room at the Top

Postby Grunch » Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:54 am

Owning a gun doesn't translate to paranoia, or even fear for that matter. For many people, it is a practical matter of having the ability to protect yourself, or your family, should the occasion arise. No, every situation won't necessarily mean a gun woul
Grunch
Room at the Top

Postby devildog » Thu Oct 21, 2004 12:14 pm

Too bad we can't live in a society where we did not have to feel threatened. I have a gun and will protect my family from an intruder if necessary. It is unfortunate, but you never know what can happen these days.

I think New Hampshire allows people
devildog
The Jet Set

Postby ExRat » Thu Oct 21, 2004 12:29 pm

I think it's legal in Pennsylvania - so long as it isn't concealed, you have a permit, and you're not psychotically flailing about, threatening to bust a cap in a cops' ass and proclaiming to herald in an imminant race-war.
ExRat
Room at the Top

Postby beatschool » Thu Oct 21, 2004 3:44 pm

[quote][i]Originally posted by Grunch[/i]
<br>Owning a gun doesn't translate to paranoia, or even fear for that matter. For many people, it
beatschool
The Jet Set

Postby Panorama » Thu Oct 21, 2004 4:18 pm

I was in a grocery store a few years ago -- I saw a lady with a gun on her hip, but she was not wearing any shoes.

I live in Phoenix, AZ.
Panorama
Room at the Top

Postby Ollie Stench » Fri Oct 22, 2004 1:32 am

Minnesota just passed a conceal carry law last year. ALOT of people aren't too happy about it. The only difference I've noticed is that alot of buisnesses now have signs in their windows banning guns.
Ollie Stench
Room at the Top

Postby Quite Life » Fri Oct 22, 2004 3:16 am

Well said Grunch. [:)]

Beatschool, it sounds like you live near the Fruitville discrict in Oaktown? True they have done a lot of positive development in that part of Oakland over the past 5 years and I hope it continues to transform that community an
Quite Life
Room at the Top

Next

Return to —Not Necessarily New Wave—