Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Ashlee Simpson caught lip-syncing on SNL

Reserved for off-topic posts.

Ashlee Simpson caught lip-syncing on SNL

Postby ghosty » Sun Oct 24, 2004 1:33 pm

Did'nt watch it myself (I think the show should have bowed out after the original cast left in 1980 so there you go) but Ashlee Simpson, the so called "credible" sibling of Jessica, was busted on live TV last night when the vocals from a song she had previously "sang" earlier in the night kicked in again later during an entirely different song. She apparantly danced around a bit confused and then ran off the stage.

This is'nt exactly surprising. I watched a Britney Spears concert on Showtime a few years ago and she did'nt sing a note...and of course the audience did'nt care either way.

I doubt her fans will give a damn as they probably would be shocked to see someone singing live anyway but DAMN!....I wish I had seen it. Sounds funny.
ghosty
Room at the Top

Postby devildog » Sun Oct 24, 2004 1:43 pm

Just goes to show you, these so called divas have no real talent. How people can like these faux performers is beyond me.
devildog
The Jet Set

Postby buffalochipz » Sun Oct 24, 2004 2:51 pm

And then she blamed her band for "playing the wrong song." Gimme a break!
buffalochipz
Personal Jesus

Postby Darkwave » Sun Oct 24, 2004 2:55 pm

Darkwave
Personal Jesus

Postby 2Nu » Sun Oct 24, 2004 9:48 pm

Be thankful SNL is still "Live" TV (for the most part) and we were able to see this gaffe in all it's glory! [:I]
I'm having 'Milli Vanilli' flashbacks![:D]
2Nu
Room at the Top

Postby KYYX4ever » Mon Oct 25, 2004 12:36 am

Yah, blaming her band was NOT cool. It's ironic, because we rarely stay up to watch the entire SNL anymore, only this time we did, and we caught this embarassing moment. It was hilarious! She got totally BUSTED...red-handed. She didn't handle it that well
KYYX4ever
Room at the Top

Postby SwampThing » Mon Oct 25, 2004 2:12 am

Blaming the band was lame. You got feel bad for these muscians that have to back these studio created spoiled pop-stars to pay the bills. Ya it's paying gig, but it must be very hard on them, they have all the talent and get none of the recognition. I
SwampThing
Room at the Top

Postby savethewave » Mon Oct 25, 2004 2:43 am

Best. Screwup. Ever.

This is where you knew that her mic wasn't even plugged in, because she could have said, "guys! We're playing the wrong song." Instead, she did that awkward Lord of the Dance jig, and then blames the band, who are probably making
savethewave
The Jet Set

Postby ebbhead » Mon Oct 25, 2004 5:06 am

I'm in pain every time I watch that footage. Yet, I find myself watching it over and over. How horrifying. But I'm happy cuz their dad -- Joe Simpson? -- seems like an ass and I love that his 2nd gravy train may have come to an abrupt halt. [:p]
ebbhead
The Jet Set

Postby ebbhead » Mon Oct 25, 2004 5:32 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by kimiiii[/i]
<br>http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/entertainment/article.adp?id=20041024173209990002&_mpc=entertainm
ebbhead
The Jet Set

Postby ekahob » Mon Oct 25, 2004 5:57 am

It was great live TV.
Many "artists" use backing tracks during concerts and "live" performances. This is no big deal
She should be upset about what happened. Somebody screwed up - not her.
She apologized for blaming the band.
She will sell more reco
ekahob
The Jet Set

Postby Grunch » Mon Oct 25, 2004 8:15 am

Just so I do understand, ekahob, when you say you would rather hit her sister, you don't actually mean physically hit her, do you?? I am totally giving you the benefit of the doubt that you would not mean actually physically striking her, that would be wr
Grunch
Room at the Top

Postby i_like_lectric_motors » Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:10 am

Grunch, I'm positive he didn't mean it literally. It's slang for something else ... maybe he should have said "bang".
i_like_lectric_motors
Room at the Top

Postby fritzb » Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:25 am

Grunch, your age is showing. [;)]
fritzb
Room at the Top

Postby ekahob » Mon Oct 25, 2004 10:19 am

Grunch - I would never strike woman.
But I would "hit" Jessica Simpson, or Allyssa Milano, or that new hottie Eva what's her name on "Desperate Housewives" or Lucy Lui or...
ekahob
The Jet Set

Next

Return to —Not Necessarily New Wave—