Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Were any of you skaters ?

Reserved for off-topic posts.

Were any of you skaters ?

Postby KYYX4ever » Thu Oct 28, 2004 10:14 am

How 'bout it, was it any of you ? Back in the day, when the newer generation of boards came out ( the big ones)? In the early 80's, the skater boys carried their own mystique, and were into the "cool" New Wave bands that most people had never heard of....I'll always remember gazing at one skater guy who rode my schoolbus, with his B-52's, Clash, Sex Pistols, & Oingo Boingo decals. That's how I heard of many of those bands. Mmmmmm...I was smitten. [:I]
KYYX4ever
Room at the Top

Postby SwampThing » Thu Oct 28, 2004 11:56 am

Yes! Had a Sims board, Independent Trucks, Krptonics wheels, Vans on my feets, fun times and great music!!! One of my friends dad built us a quarter pipe in his back yard, we spent a lot of time hanging out there.
SwampThing
Room at the Top

Postby savethewave » Thu Oct 28, 2004 2:22 pm

Yup. I still skateboard, too, although I miss all of the plastic stuff i could attatch to my board like a nose guard, truck protectors, side rails and of course, a Tail Bone.
savethewave
The Jet Set

Postby design_femme » Thu Oct 28, 2004 2:25 pm

When I was in junior high and high school, I used to think skaters were hot. Of course, none of them were ever into a nerdy, wallflower chick like me. [:(]
design_femme
Room at the Top

Postby djsoss » Thu Oct 28, 2004 2:44 pm

no i wasn't, i was more into the lowrider, cholo thing. although a bunch of my friends were skaters. the funny thing about skaters is that the skatboarders were always getting into it with the punk rockers, newwavers, lowriders, other skaters (especialy w
djsoss
Personal Jesus

Postby harleytexas » Thu Oct 28, 2004 5:23 pm

I used to skate back in 1987-2000. I still have my last board. I got it given to me just before I stopped skating. It's the big ones and in great shape still. It's a Skull Skates logo board.
harleytexas
Personal Jesus

Postby Quite Life » Fri Oct 29, 2004 9:24 am

Yeah I skated back in the day and I was pretty good at it too since I had athletic skillz back in the day. I didn’t do much street skating since I saw that to be kind of proletariat Any poser can ride the curb plus later street skating became the ghett
Quite Life
Room at the Top

Postby Quite Life » Fri Oct 29, 2004 9:25 am

Yeah I skated back in the day and I was pretty good at it too since I had athletic skillz back in the day. I didn’t do much street skating since I saw that to be kind of proletariat Any poser can ride the curb plus later street skating became the ghett
Quite Life
Room at the Top

Postby ExRat » Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:40 pm

[quote][i]Originally posted by Quite Life[/i]
<br>Yeah I skated back in the day and I was pretty good at it too since I had athletic skillz
ExRat
Room at the Top

Postby SwampThing » Fri Oct 29, 2004 3:42 pm

[quote] I didn’t do much street skating since I saw that to be kind of proletariat...<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quot
SwampThing
Room at the Top

Return to —Not Necessarily New Wave—