Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

To Smoke or not to Smoke?

Reserved for off-topic posts.

Postby marie3 » Mon Nov 01, 2004 5:08 am

I smoked from about 9th or 10th grade (1979 or 1980) until about 15 years ago. I smoked Newport lights. Last month I lost a very close friend to lung cancer and I am a BIG no smoking advocate. I may have smoked other things back then, I don't remember??
marie3
Der Kommissar

Postby phillyidol » Mon Nov 01, 2004 11:17 am

Hey Marie! Newports Rule! But I agree with you. My real reason for quitting was bad too. We all used to hang out over one girls house before going out and she had an uncle that lived there and he had emphasima(I cant spell I know). He was falling apart. H
phillyidol
Room at the Top

Postby marie3 » Mon Nov 01, 2004 11:33 am

Hope your halloween was good!
[/quote]

Hi Philly..Halloween was good, nice day. Two of my kids were dressed up as a McDonalds shake and french fries. It was fun. But we have too much candy!!!! How about your girls?
marie3
Der Kommissar

Postby phillyidol » Mon Nov 01, 2004 11:41 am

They were cops and I was a jailbird. You know the striped outfit. It was alot of fun and we went to a huge party after. It is my new favorite holliday! My neighborhood is well known for getting into all hollidays so there were thousands of people!
phillyidol
Room at the Top

Postby DevoManiac101 » Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:05 pm

I have never smoked anything, and I don't plan on to start either... Just something I am not into at all!

Thanks, Justin/DevoManiac101
DevoManiac101
Room at the Top

Postby nowhere girl » Tue Nov 02, 2004 4:59 am

At my high school, a lot of the new wave and punk kids hung out in the smoking section(I guess I just dated myself there because I don't think schools have had smoking sections on campus for years!). I tried to smoke, but one girl made fun of me, so I st
nowhere girl
Personal Jesus

Postby Frau_Blucher » Tue Nov 02, 2004 5:32 am

Interesting gene expression study:

Those genes that are associated with fighting and thwarting invasive toxins are highly elevated in smokers and continue to be ever increasingly expressed the more one smokes. This is part of our very robust natural de
Frau_Blucher
Room at the Top

Postby nowhere girl » Wed Nov 03, 2004 12:48 am

Myirwin,
Those are interesting statistics! Since I have been battling a different cancer(ovarian)since 2003, I know all about how horrible cancer really is. I am thankful that I never became a smoker, because it makes any other cancer accelerate. At m
nowhere girl
Personal Jesus

Postby Frau_Blucher » Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:41 am

Best of luck Nowhere Girl. I hope my doom and gloom post didn't put a damper on your spirits - it was kind of a "scared straight" tactic. They've made big progress with ovarian cancer with very high survival rates, especially among younger patients. I tru
Frau_Blucher
Room at the Top

Postby nowhere girl » Thu Nov 04, 2004 7:27 am

Thanks, Myirwin! I didn't mind seeing the statistics on lung cancer-I really hope that it helps people make an informed choice about smoking. I don't mention my situation very much on this site, but I am working hard on fighting my battle. If just one
nowhere girl
Personal Jesus

Postby ExRat » Thu Nov 04, 2004 12:19 pm

Smoking causes cancer?
ExRat
Room at the Top

Previous

Return to —Not Necessarily New Wave—