Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

A Translation Correction In UBL's Video Tape

Reserved for off-topic posts.

A Translation Correction In UBL's Video Tape

Postby Jimbo » Sun Oct 31, 2004 2:09 pm

http://www.memri.org/bin/latestnews.cgi?ID=SA1404

The tape of Osama bin Laden that was aired on Al-Jazeera on Friday, October 29th included a specific threat to "each U.S. state," designed to influence the outcome of the upcoming election against George W. Bush. [b]The U.S. media in general mistranslated the words "ay wilaya" (which means "each U.S. state") to mean a "country" or "nation" other than the U.S., while in fact the threat was directed specifically at each individual U.S. state.[/b] This suggests some knowledge by bin Laden of the U.S. electoral college system. In a section of his speech in which he harshly criticized George W. Bush, bin Laden stated: [b]"Any U.S. state that does not toy with our security automatically guarantees its own security."[/b]
The Islamist website [b]Al-Qal'a[/b] explained what this sentence meant: [b]"This message was a warning to every U.S. state separately. When he [Osama Bin Laden] said, 'Every state will be determining its own security, and will be responsible for its choice,' it means that any U.S. state that will choose to vote for the white thug Bush as president has chosen to fight us, and we will consider it our enemy, and any state that will vote against Bush has chosen to make peace with us, and we will not characterize it as an enemy.[/b] By this characterization, Sheikh Osama wants to drive a wedge in the American body, to weaken it, and he wants to divide the American people itself between enemies of Islam and the Muslims, and those who fight for us, so that he doesn't treat all American people as if they're the same. This letter will have great implications inside the American society, part of which are connected to the American elections, and part of which are connected to what will come after the elections."
Jimbo
Room at the Top

Postby savethewave » Sun Oct 31, 2004 5:55 pm

What, Osama is going to "spare" say, New Jersey from attacks because Kerry got NJ's electoral votes. Please.

Some people say "oh, I'm not violent or mean," but I'm honest, and I know that anyone is capapble of extreme violence under the "right" circumstances. The second time I was mugged in NYC, I beat my knife-weilding muggers who tried to kill me so savagely with my fists, feet, and forehead that they were in the hospital for five months each. One was even on a feeding tube for a while, and both will walk with limps and have a hard time holding things for the rest of their lives.

Why write this? Because OBL makes me that angry, and I can't remember anybody I can name who deserves to get worked over with a hammer and cold chisel more than him.

I know from personal experience that I am capable of doing something truly horrific to a person who really deserves it, and I want to duct tape bin Laden to a metal chair, take a cordless drill with a 5/32" bit in the chuck, drill some pilot holes in OBL's kneecaps, then counter-sink some deck screws. I know I could extract any information needed from him, and he'd sing like a canary.

And you know what? I'd sleep fine that night.
savethewave
The Jet Set

Postby Jimbo » Sun Oct 31, 2004 6:50 pm

[quote][i]Originally posted by savethewave[/i]
I know from personal experience that I am capable of doing something truly horrific to a person who really deserves it, and I want to duct tape bin Laden to a metal chair, take a cordless drill with a 5/32" bit in the chuck, drill some pilot holes in OBL's kneecaps, then counter-sink some deck screws. I know I could extract any information needed from him, and he'd sing like a canary.

And you know what? I'd sleep fine that night.
[/quote]

We really need to get together for some collaboration time STW. [;)]
I'll post my ideas later.
Jimbo
Room at the Top

Postby MARV » Mon Nov 01, 2004 12:13 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by Z[/i]
<br>Savethewave, how are you so sure that Bin Laden deserves
such treatment and that you have the right to administer it?
[/quote]

Huh? Are you kidding?
MARV
Room at the Top

Postby savethewave » Mon Nov 01, 2004 1:10 am

<br>Savethewave, how are you so sure that Bin Laden deserves
such treatment and that you have the right to administer it?
[/quote]

You want to go here? Let's go then.

Look, I'm not liberal or conservative, but from where I'm standing, you've probably never really had your ass thoroughly kicked, nor had your life threatened by a stranger whose only desire was to rob you and take your money so he could buy drugs. You have never been thrown into the jungle inside of a zoo that is reality.

My brother was in the first Twin Tower that got hit, motherf-er. Thank God, he's alive, but there were 8 hours where we had no idea where he was. Osama Bin-Laden has taken credit for the action.

That whole "straw man" argument you present is just rhetoric that is spoon-fed to the little pukes who've listened to the first "Rage Against the Machine" album too many times, you know, the one with the Buddhist monk setting himself on fire on the cover? The monk did it to protest the Vietnam war. You know what? His death did nothing about the progress of the war. He threw awy the most precious gift he was given for NOTHING.

Don't you f-ing DARE to use that "who are you to judge" argument with me.

I hope to God that you just wrote what you did to stir things up, for controversial value. If not, you probably never got that beating in the playground in grade school, that you would benefit from as an adult, because a humbling experience like that shows you how the world REALLY works.

I almost hope that just as you finish making payments on your car, you drunkenly crash it into the corner of your house on New Year's Eve, or better still, right before a relative gets married.
savethewave
The Jet Set

Postby SwampThing » Mon Nov 01, 2004 1:51 am

[quote]
I wonder how Michael Moore feels, knowing that OBL quoted from his F/911 movie.....I mean, all kidding and politics aside, the guy's gotta feel a little bit like an ass. Talk about "providing aid and comfort to the enemy." The Constitution anyone?
[/quote] This is the most ridiculous thing you've ever posted.
SwampThing
Room at the Top

Postby MARV » Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:17 am

savethewave, save your breath...er, keyboard strikes...you know what I mean. Some people are just clueless. Just look at what swampthing is trying to start with me. I hear you though, well said.

I'm doing exactly what officials of both parties are saying we ought to do, and it's common sense: not allow the enemy's cheap attempt to further divide our nation. Especially not with F/911 references.
MARV
Room at the Top

Postby SwampThing » Mon Nov 01, 2004 3:04 am

So you think Micheal Moore's film should have been censored? Maybe we should bring charges against him. The enemy doesn't need any help dividing this country. It's already happened. Maybe Moore has fueled this with his film, but maybe your giving this film too much credit, and don't forget the role right-wing talk radio has played in dividing this country.
SwampThing
Room at the Top

Postby MARV » Mon Nov 01, 2004 3:43 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by SwampThing[/i]
<br>So you think Micheal Moore's film should have been censored? Maybe we should bring charges against him. The enemy doesn't need any help dividing this country. It's already happened. Maybe Moore has fueled this with his film, but maybe your giving this film too much credit, and don't forget the role right-wing talk radio has played in dividing this country.
[/quote]

*sigh*

OK, just simmer down there dude.

Again, all politics aside: Osama Bin Laden referred to F/911. Used it as a devisive tool in his propaganda/terror threat/secret message to Al Qaeda videos. How does this make you feel? Remember, OBL is public enemy #1. Get off the defensive and ignore "right wing radio". I don't even know any right wing radio stations and apparently neither does OBL otherwise he'd be quoting them too. For crying out loud, the man is a MASS MURDERER of AMERICANS and does not want to stop.

He's using F/911 to energize his base supporters. And to divide our country. Was this Moore's intention? Don't you think this is a perversion of his original intent? No matter how much you like the damned movie, don't you think OBL is taking it slightly out of context? Don't you kind of think that maybe Moore wishes OBL did'nt do that? Look at the big picture here already and stop trying to bait me into a civil liberties or artistic rights argument here. Please, I'm not an imbecile.....
MARV
Room at the Top

Postby MARV » Mon Nov 01, 2004 3:51 am

<br>Ok, so that's your opinion.
But you didn't write how/why you are sure you
should be allowed to torture.

[/quote]

I think savethewave talked about how OBL affected him personally? I think the man's sentiment is understandable. Who better to torture OBL than those who he victimized? What are you getting at Z?
MARV
Room at the Top

Postby SwampThing » Mon Nov 01, 2004 4:16 am

I'm not as riled up as you'd like to think. And I don't think your an imbecile. And just because I don't totally agree with you doesn't mean I'm on the defensive.

Right wing talk radio has at least if not more of an audience as F9/11, just FYI.

When you talk about OBL dividing people because he quoted a Michael Moore film, then I have to believe your the one not seeing the big picture. This country was united after 911 and together in the pursuit of this evil piece of shit. Somehow the current administration lost this, and focus went away form OBL and on to Iraq. This created a huge rift in this country, basically you have people who think GWB is doing a great job and we should let him continue and then you have those who think he really f'ed it up. OBL can't divide a people that are already divided.
SwampThing
Room at the Top

Postby MARV » Mon Nov 01, 2004 4:43 am

Thanks for the non-imbecile comment.....

"OBL can't divide a people that are already divided."

With all due respect he can add fuel to the fire and that he's doing it with the commentary of one of our own people is a travesty. And it's not like he's twisting the words around either. Just my opinion, but it is based on a sense that we should stand together as a nation and not hang our dirty laundry out for the world to see. Think about the next terror attack, if and when it happens. If we discover this particular tape with OBL referencing Moore's movie in the terrorists home. I know I'd feel like a bit of an ass if my views were used by the enemy to rally his troops.
MARV
Room at the Top

Postby SwampThing » Mon Nov 01, 2004 5:32 am

marvymarv,

With all due respect we should all be more pissed off that OBL is even alive to make statements and quote film makers.

I Wanted to add that we should all thank Al-Jareez for giving this ass hole a platform before the election. They should have withheld the tape until after the elections. This pisses me off, we probably can at least agree on this.

[quote] know I'd feel like a bit of an ass if my views were used by the enemy to rally his troops.[/quote] Well then the soliers involved with the Iraq prison scandel must feel pretty bad, this "dirty laundry" may have rallied the terrorist more than any single event thus far.

Getting nowhere with this, well have to agree to disagree. Anyone else care to chime in on this?
SwampThing
Room at the Top

Postby MARV » Mon Nov 01, 2004 5:51 am

Well before I agree to disagree with you I'll first agree with everything you just said ;-)
MARV
Room at the Top

Postby SwampThing » Mon Nov 01, 2004 5:54 am

[:D]

Now what about this Z guy. The posts are cryptic. Have something to say Z?
SwampThing
Room at the Top

Next

Return to —Not Necessarily New Wave—