Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

A Translation Correction In UBL's Video Tape

Reserved for off-topic posts.

Postby MARV » Mon Nov 01, 2004 5:56 am

I think the prison scandal was a f*ck up of epic proportion. A sad example of poor management mixed with complete unprofesionalism and backwards ass ignorant half brains. A definite black eye on the face of America and a complete embarassment to any American, to say nothing of the American soldier.
MARV
Room at the Top

Postby Klaus Von Konrad » Mon Nov 01, 2004 7:05 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by marvymarv[/i]
<br>I think the prison scandal was a f*ck up of epic proportion. A sad example of poor management mixed with complete unprofesionalism and backwards ass ignorant half brains. A definite black eye on the face of America and a complete embarassment to any American, to say nothing of the American soldier.
[/quote]

I remember when Rummy(or was it Ashcroft?) said that the Guantanamo prisoners were not protected by the Geneva convention I felt sick to my stomach. The greatest nation on earth had decided to not offer basic human rights protections to prisoners of war. I believe he was the first prisident in history to do this. I felt this was a huge mistake and lowered the moral high ground that the US used to stand on. America is better than that. Shame on Bush.

I know that in Iraq the prisoners were supposed to be protected by the Geneva conventions, but many officers testified that they were not sure because the prisoners in Guantanamo Bay were not covered. The confusion among the guards, poor training, lack of manpower, etc. fostered conditions for the abuses to take place. If Bush & co. would have taken the high road from day one on prisoner treatment, I believe the prison abuse may have been averted.
Klaus Von Konrad
Personal Jesus

Postby savethewave » Mon Nov 01, 2004 7:05 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by marvymarv[/i]
<br>I think the prison scandal was a f*ck up of epic proportion. A sad example of poor management mixed with complete unprofesionalism and backwards ass ignorant half brains. A definite black eye on the face of America and a complete embarassment to any American, to say nothing of the American soldier.
[/quote]

The whole Abu Ghareb prison scandal was primarily done by the midnight shift, in one wing of the prison...I am very bothered by this, on a whole bunch of levels. Did the US high command know about this and do nothing? But more importantly, why hasn't the American media made more of a fuss about the beheadings of civilian hostages or the four aid workers who were killed, set on fire, and had their bodies dragged through the streets? I, as an American, want to see or read about all of it. Why is shoving a glow stick up someone's naked ass who tried to kill us somehow worse than sawing someone's head off on videotape?

Now, let me take care of this "Z" guy:

[i]1. Ok, so that's your opinion.
But you didn't write how/why you are sure you
should be allowed to torture.

2. Too quick to accept things as given without
proof. Unless you are priveliged to some info that is not commonly
known, both you and I know of Bin Laden only what has been presented
on the TV.

3. Who is evil? Bin Laden?
How do you know?
Who is the enemy?
Why are they the enemy?
Was there a need for an enemy?[/i]

First, I hope that English is a language that you learned later in life, you little pansy button-pusher, because your pathetic attempts at being cryptic and clever fall flat on their face because your writing style is so f-ing atrocious, you greasy little stain of a person, you.

The last time I saw writing this weak, I was looking at the lyrics for the latest Ashlee Simpson album.

1. "OK, that's your opinion?" That's IT, you weak-willed poltroon? What the hell kind of comeback or response is that? "I'm rubber, you're glue?" I'm NOT asking to be allowed to torture someone. If I had OBL infront of me, I'd do it in a heartbeat. The near death of my brother, and losing a friend of mine, and 3,000 other innocent people on 9/11/01 because some religious extremists with their mindset in the 1300's decided some 600 year-old tribal disputes were worth turning four jets into weapons.

2. How do I know OBL did this? Because I PAY ATTENTION, jagoff! I look at news from all over the world, and I have a friend of mine who is fluent in Arabic translate the Arabic-language broadcasts for me, just as I translate the French and Spanish ones for him. So, you cretinous pseudo-intellectual, I've seen the raw video where OBL says, in his flowery, classical Arabic, how he took credit for the 9/11 attacks. I also wrote my congressman and senators, and asked them for information, something any US citizen can do, stupid.

YOU only know what you see on TV, jackass.

3. This last one just seems like some bad high-school literary magazine philosophizing. This is not even worth my response.

Let me ask you this: are you one of those individuals who would lay down on the ground to protest the war in Iraq, or, are you the type that would throw red paint on a woman because she was wearing a fur coat, instead of doing something that is actually effective? Well?

Do everybody a favor, Republican or Democrat or whatever: do not vote. At all. Ever.
savethewave
The Jet Set

Postby MARV » Mon Nov 01, 2004 7:27 am

savethewave, I'm on the floor laughing.....

But on Abu Ghareb, I think you're right. It was done by a few sorely misguided individuals and does not represent the values of our army and certainly not our nation. It's sad that a media with a largely liberal bias jumped on it so gleefully while at the same time does not do so with the beheading atrocities. Certainly the media can play a larger and more responsible role in helping to unite our nation. I think the civilian tragedies of America's and other countries' provides them ample opportunity to do this, at the very least - to say nothing of the news worthy value of reporting these incidents in far more depth.
The Abu Ghareb scandal was an awful mistake but I really doubt that high command knew about it. I can't imagine any official sanctioning this, Democrat or Republican. You can question these people's policies but I think that at that level you're professional. It was just the work of mentally stunted individuals with too much time on their hands and a questionable sense of "having a good time".
MARV
Room at the Top

Postby Panorama » Mon Nov 01, 2004 8:13 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by Z[/i]
<br>Who is evil? Bin Laden?
How do you know?[/quote]
<br>Who is the enemy?
Why are they the enemy?
Was there a need for an enemy?[/quote]
http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/10/ ... aden.tape/
Bin Laden said the message was being delivered directly to the American people, saying the attacks of September 11, 2001 were the result of U.S. foreign policy in Arab lands, specifically referring to Lebanon and the Palestinians. The terror attacks killed nearly 3,000 people.

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/6363306/
In no previous authenticated message Ñ audio or video Ñ had bin Laden explicitly stated that he ordered the 2001 attacks, which killed almost 3,000 people.

But in the new tape, he claims full responsibility. ÒWe decided to destroy towers in America so they may taste what we have tasted,Ó he says, clearly referring to the World Trade Center.

In the course of his comments, bin Laden revealed just how patiently he awaited his opportunity to strike the West. He said he first vowed to destroy Òthe buildings of tyrantsÓ after the devastating Israeli invasion of Lebanon in 1982 Ñ 19 years before he directed followers to fly four jetliners into the World Trade Center, the Pentagon and an unknown third target.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle ... 967565.stm
Incidentally this is not the first time he has taken responsibility for 9/11.

On a videotape found after the war in Afghanistan he is seen talking to his associates and remarking that he, an engineer it must not be forgotten, thought that only the top halves of the twin towers would fall.

In that tape, although not made for public consumption, he revealed himself to be a thoughtful operator as well as a dedicated fighter.

Just as he did in this latest tape.

http://worldnetdaily.com/news/article.a ... E_ID=41181
Transcript
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Osama Bin Laden is evil and must be captured or killed.
GWB has not gotten the job done and the war in Iraq was a giant lie. The world is better off with out Saddam, but Iraq was not the threat that Bush and Co. made it out to be...i.e. they lied to start an illegal war.

Focus on Osama Bin Laden -- he is the person responsible for 9/11.
Panorama
Room at the Top

Postby MARV » Mon Nov 01, 2004 8:19 am

<br>Savethewave, the only thing I can tell you have established is
that you wish to represent yourself as being as much of an extremeist as any Jihadist.
I'm sure any video you may have seen would never pass rules of evidence in a court or have a verifiable chain of custody.
So, what did you personally see Bin Laden do? Can you even establish
that the images in these videos are of someone named Osama or Usama
Bin Laden? Can you swear or affirm that you know firsthand he did something wrong? I don't think you can. But since you do state that you wish to torture him, and since you stated that I would benefit from a beating, and you wish me to crash my car, I consider you as being rather ignorant and very sick.

[/quote]

People, just ignore this nonsense. We already have a president and a possible president to be who both agree that Bin Laden, the evil doer, the one who claims responsibilty for 9/11, ought to be captured dead or alive. And I think it's an unspoken agreement, worldwide, that the bastard will get what's coming to him. I doubt anyone will cry abuse no matter what happens to him when he's caught.
MARV
Room at the Top

Postby MARV » Mon Nov 01, 2004 8:29 am

<br>How do you conclude he is evil?
We dropped alot of bombs on innocent
people, are we evil?
[/quote]

Z,

I don't need to prove anything to you. The people who matter already have OBL on their agendas. So spare us your philosophically driven subjective morality argument. Just because you're alone in the real world with this crap does'nt mean you can find people in here to impress with this drivel. Last I checked, might is right, if the history of mankind is any indicator. This garbage is so left of the dial that it's completely off, as far as I'm concerned. Excuse me if I don't dignify your comments with any more responses.

Thanks for not posting in here anymore.
MARV
Room at the Top

Postby Jimbo » Mon Nov 01, 2004 8:39 am

<br>You need not prove anything to me, Just prove to youself
that this killing and torture is justified
[/quote]

The killing and torture of terrorists is ALWAYS justified.
Jimbo
Room at the Top

Postby MARV » Mon Nov 01, 2004 8:44 am

<br>You need not prove anything to me, Just prove to youself
that this killing and torture is justified
[/quote]

lol, ok.....done. I did it. I proved it to myself.

Good bye and good riddance.
MARV
Room at the Top

Postby savethewave » Mon Nov 01, 2004 8:44 am

<br>How do you conclude he is evil?
We dropped alot of bombs on innocent
people, are we evil?
[/quote]

You know what, a battle of wits with the likes of you is like getting in a fistfight with a person who is paralyzed. Others on this board, although I may not agree with them, put up a damn fine argument, and have thus earned my respect and admiration. All you do is spout your little gramatically-challenged "Dr. Phil" catchphrases, expecting all of us to jump aboard your Magic Monorail to the Fantasyland where everyone gets along. Ecch.

No, I'm evil, and I can tell you, I took great personal satisfaction at taking the two guys armed with knives who tried to mug and kill me and making their faces look like bags of golf balls, and putting one of them on a feeding tube.

As far as burning up a lot of people, and it always being an evil act, I wonder how many children died in Sodom and Gamorrah?

No, you are not part of my "we." I know I can do what it takes when faced with animals in human form who cannot be reasoned with. A few years ago, with my foot on this wife-beater's neck, I got him to admit what he had done to his girlfriend, in front of witnesses, by saying, "the pain on your throat stops when you tell the truth." I remember, I slept great that night, and had some of the best sex of my life, besides.

I am not an extremist. I know what I am willing to do, and I know my limitations. Do you?
savethewave
The Jet Set

Postby savethewave » Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:17 am

<br>Savethewave, If you study some history you will find
that people must first define someone as being less than human
before they can kill and torture. You clearly are
following this pattern when you state: "...faced with animals in human form who cannot be reasoned with.."
[/quote]

"Study some history?" I TEACH college history (and High-school English), you sap on your family tree. Oh, and I lean toward the left in my political views, too, but I'm a REALIST first and foremost.

Dehumanization is the first step in the selection of a particular group for maltreatment. I am not dehumanizing a group of people. I judge people as individuals. When someone threatens my country with violence and destruction, or when some people saw off an American's head on video, they have forfeited their humanity.

I already know you never had that thorough, humiliating ass-kicking as a child that you probably would have benefitted from as an adult.

Answer me just one question, honestly:
Have you ever been beaten by a complete stranger so badly you wound up in the hospital?

We BOTH know what the answer to that is, don't we, you platitude-spouting milquetoast.

I don't really hope you crash your car. Here's the sentence:

[i]I almost hope that just as you finish making payments on your car, you drunkenly crash it into the corner of your house on New Year's Eve, or better still, right before a relative gets married.[/i]

What I REALLY hope is that you fall face-first in a muddy puddle ten minutes before you have to go into a church as part of a bridal party.
savethewave
The Jet Set

Postby phillyidol » Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:58 am

I know you are all waiting to hear what I think!......O.K. here it is....the rooster crowed at midnight.

Oh I'm being cryptic!

Sometimes violence is the answer. And when you are dealing with ANIMALS (that torture and behead ) force is the only thing they understand. I personally watched the 2nd plane hit the tower and both come down. Not on tv, I saw it firsthand and we are dealing with animals. If we nuked the Afgans after that attack, the world would have seen it as a justified retaliation. But we did not do that because we are humans unlike these backward pricks.
Proof? They said they did it! This is not The Matrix or The X Files although some people (cough cough) think it is. This is the real world not a conspiracy movie.

And wave, I always liked you but now I do even more!(not in a gay way you understand, I respect you)[;)]I agree with everthing you said and you said it well....not cryptic at all.[:D]

Devo everybody....THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE!
phillyidol
Room at the Top

Postby savethewave » Mon Nov 01, 2004 11:27 am

[quote]
Oh man, Savethewave, out of all your cuttingly effective comments so far, THAT'S cold.

I LOVE IT!

Can't we all just give Osamy Salami a big hug? I'm sure Z thinks that OBL just needs someone to love and listen to him. He's not all that bad, not really.

I'm trying so hard to stay out of this latest fray but the strange/pseudo-intellectual/quasi-introspective/weed-smokin' comments that Z keeps posting are weirding me out. Do you think that he is really serious? Naaaah. Nobody is THAT clueless.
[/quote]

Thanks, Kim. First of all, if I had the Cliff Notes version of reality like this guy appears to have, maybe I would be more sympathetic. However, a hard, brutal childhood and young adulthood has purged any sympathy for this college dorm room philosopher.

This guy has probably never had anything really awful happen to him; he really has no frame of reference to what a cold, cruel place this world can be. God, I would give ANYTHING to have had the carefree, "head clogged with bong resin" young adult life this guy appears to lead, but it wasn't in the cards for me.

[quote]

[i]Originally posted by Z[/i]
<br>Where do I say we should hug Osamy?
I say I just don't know the facts to be
able to decide. I would not lay a penny on it.
It is strange how our past day friends become
our present day enemies, quite like in 1984. If we
are bandying about titles of nobility in an attempt to
add strenght to our words, then take this from a
professional decision maker.
[/quote]

Don't you think it's that YOU don't know the facts to decide? What publications do you read? What non-TV, non "Daily Show" sources do you use for your news gathering?

Nice George Orwell reference. Uh, oh...I am bowel-liquefyingly intimidated by your knowledge of literature. Did you actually ever read the book? I assign it to my sophomores. Which friends are becoming our enemies, "quite like in 1984?" Don't f-ing DARE drop a literary reference without backing it up, there, Mr. Wordsmith, you doubleplus ungood enemy of the state, you. You are the embodiment of "Ignorance is Strength."

I don't "think I'm being very clever," either. This is how I speak if you met me in real life. God gave me a brain, and I'm going to use it at every opportunity.

You, on the other hand, are not a "mystery wrapped in an enigma." Your writing STINKS. Period.

Which titles of nobility am I "bandying about?" You wrote, "If you check your history..." I let you know I teach history, to make you aware that you're not going to get any of that doublespeak by me. I got my education the hard way sunshine, by working jobs I hated for years to earn the money to go to school when I was much older.

I would LOVE to know where a person with your lack of command of English is a "professional decision maker." Your writing style is stilted, looking more like the "questions for thought" section of a bad history textbook. How could you function in any professional setting, making decisions which affect others? You don't even address any of my arguments directly; you just couch the same hack greeting-card platitudes in this morass of buzzwords and talking points of which you appear to be so fond. You grasp fruitlessly for ideas like a guy tring to pick up dimes with boxing gloves.

Wait--I know where those professional decision-making skills of yours could be put to good use:

You: "OK, Ma'am...will that be paper or plastic?"

Oh, and while we're all referencing literary sources, here's a couple from the Bible:

"Judas went out and hanged himself."

Here's another:

"Go thou, and do likewise."
savethewave
The Jet Set

Postby phillyidol » Mon Nov 01, 2004 11:27 am

Because they were behind the attack. I did not say nuke them on September 12th! And we didnt anyway. That was my point.

Now lets all put on our tinfoil hats so they can't read our minds! They are trying to watch us through the tv also! Beware!
phillyidol
Room at the Top

Postby SwampThing » Mon Nov 01, 2004 11:33 am

The only thing I can think of is maybe Z got bored hanging out on the "Rage Against The Machine" message board and decided to come here. [:D]
SwampThing
Room at the Top

PreviousNext

Return to —Not Necessarily New Wave—