Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

A Translation Correction In UBL's Video Tape

Reserved for off-topic posts.

Postby phillyidol » Mon Nov 01, 2004 11:38 am

Check out some of his past posts. Very strange! Might I say....CRYPTIC?
phillyidol
Room at the Top

Postby Jimbo » Mon Nov 01, 2004 12:54 pm

No good kimiiii.
I tried gasoline fumes and burning plastic and I got nowhere. [;)]
Jimbo
Room at the Top

Postby phillyidol » Mon Nov 01, 2004 1:23 pm

The voices.......can't you here them?........They tell me things you know.........voices.
phillyidol
Room at the Top

Postby savethewave » Mon Nov 01, 2004 1:34 pm

[quote][i]Originally posted by Z[/i]
<br>[quote]

I do not understand your requisite need for something awful to have happend to anyone.
I do not smoke resin. In the past, I did destroy my lungs with Marlboro brand cigarettes.
I did post that I did not know the facts to be able to decide.
You are correct that you wrote "I almost hope" instead of
"I hope". This points out what can happen when you look at things
too quickly, draw conclusions and act. Maybe you are lucky that
I was just posting at the time and not looking for someone to torture.
I posted no mysteries or enigmas, just common sense. If you want to
wage a war, you must define what the war is to be against. This is
what is refered to as a "declaration of war", which is to be followed
by "articles of war", but surely only a true enemy of your State would point this out. If you wish to label someone as a terrorist
and deny them of all rights, you should at least be able to define what a terrorist is and then be able to prove it. We have many lawyers and lawmakers, but none of them has as of yet defined anything. We just kill people, torture people, and hold people without any charges
and keep changing the reason why we are doing it.
Where did I write that I make decisions which affect others?
I have little formal educaton, I make those decisions for myself,
I reap the rewards of my accurate decisions and suffer the consequences of
my faulty ones. I.E.: if I was right, I am rich, if I was wrong,
I am poor.
[/quote]

Nobody feels sorry for you. No one.

My requisite need for something awful to happen is not to "anybody," just to you. I don't want you to be hurt, just shown a few times the way the world really works.

A person displaying common sense explains things clearly, in a way people can understand. Do you see some of the other posts here on this message board? People post with clarity, and reference their points. You do nothing of the kind. You ramble all over the place without any focus. Are you referring to the prisoners in Guantanamo Bay? Why must I define what a terrorist is to satisfy you? Surely, you are not so obtuse as to need such literal explainations of everthing? I think it more likely that you are making an attempt, however badly, to use circular logic in a sort of Socratic method to lead us into some sort of contradiction.

Before I got my bachelor's and master's, I had little formal education. I had an undiagnosed learning disability, and I was the only one in my grad program, ever, who never graduated from high school.

Here is what you write looks like:

Is there a war?
Who is the enemy?
Do we have a need for an enemy?
Do I have an f-ing clue?

NOBODY knows what you are trying to say! Your responses look like short answers on a test! Let's try this:

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Name___________________ Period 2 Social Studies

Short-answer quiz
Please write all responses in complete sentences.

1. In the chapter, who were the two friends? [i]The friends were Osama Bin Laden and Saddam Hussien.[/i]

2. What does Z say to Savethewave about his wishes about what should happen to Z? [i]I do not understand your requisite need for something awful to have happend to anyone.[/i]

3. Does Z smoke pot or cigarettes? [i]I do not smoke resin. In the past, I did destroy my lungs with Marlboro brand cigarettes.[/i]

4. While posting on a message board, what would Z say one major difference between Z and savethewave was? [i]I was just posting at the time and not looking for someone to torture.[/i]

5. What statement does Z make that shows a major flaw in logic? [i] I posted no mysteries or enigmas, just common sense.[/i]

6. Where did Z write that He makes decisions which affect others, and where does he state that teachers are of noble birth? [i]If we are bandying about titles of nobility in an attempt to add strenght to our words, then take this from a professional decision maker.[/i]

I'm going to stop now. I feel like I'm kicking a puppy.
savethewave
The Jet Set

Postby MARV » Mon Nov 01, 2004 1:51 pm

My word, I've never seen so many of us all agree on one thing at the same time! [8D]

Let's face it, this Z guy is a mental gimp. I normally don't resort to name calling and labeling but this is just preposterous.....

And the guy must be a glutton for punishment because savethewave is just handing his ass to him over and over again. It's pathetic!
MARV
Room at the Top

Postby savethewave » Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:09 pm

[quote][i]Originally posted by marvymarv[/i]
<br>My word, I've never seen so many of us all agree on one thing at the same time! [8D]

Let's face it, this Z guy is a mental gimp. I normally don't resort to name calling and labeling but this is just preposterous.....

And the guy must be a glutton for punishment because savethewave is just handing his ass to him over and over again. It's pathetic!
[/quote]

I have never, ever been this angry at anything I've seen on this message board before this. If somebody just doesn't know, that's fine, because they can learn. However, when somebody who appears to have access to knowledge, but refuses to take advantage of it, and instead parrots pop psychobabble, that makes me livid.
savethewave
The Jet Set

Postby Jimbo » Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:58 pm

<br>I have an idea. Many of these message boards have a poll
feature. Since we had a debate, can we now have a poll about
it?
[/quote]

How would that poll look Z-Man?
[b]Moral Bankruptcy? FOR or AGAINST[/b]
Wouldn't it be invalidated by our Americentric world view that does not take into account the cultural and moral relativisms you seem to have obtained by reading Rage Against the Machine lyrics?

...just askin'
Jimbo
Room at the Top

Postby phillyidol » Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:46 am

Besides, the matrix controlls the polls!
phillyidol
Room at the Top

Postby savethewave » Tue Nov 02, 2004 11:50 am

<br>I don't think you can define a terrorist or evil doer
with excluding what we have done.
I never did say of noble birth. I did state that you resorted
to the use of a title of esteem, of "nobility" in an attempt
to strengthen your words, possibly hoping that others would then
grant your writing greater worth. You also attempt to use insults to
weaken my words, but I do not perceive such a tactic as in anyway
improving your position. Others may decide for themselves.
[/quote]

You are right. I have been VERY insulting towards you, because you deserve it. From your written responses, it is indicated to me that you have little real ability to express yourself clearly in a written manner, nor do you appear to possess the ability to analyze written material that you read. Perhaps you can express yourself very well verbally, but that is not available in this venue. If you want us to grasp the real meaning of what you have to say, you must write in a manner that is clear and concise. You do neither. I now think that you are not trying to be deliberately cryptic; I think instead you have a severe deficit in analyzing your own writing and how it looks to others. It is glaringly obvious that you did not really READ my posts, because you responded completely inappropriately to my posts, and then made erroneous inferences and drew conclusions that cannot be arrived at based on what I wrote.

Let’s look at some of the things you said, and please note, these are directly from your writings.

You remarked on why I have a need to see people in the hospital, or some such. I NEVER said that. My two writings that contained the word “hospital” involved a question I asked you, namely, “have you ever been so badly beaten by a stranger that you had to go to the hospital?” The reason I asked you this is because if you had, you would never have the attitude toward such a clear enemy to the US as you appear to have now. I HAVE been severely beaten by strangers so badly that I wound up in the hospital. What had I done? I was in the wrong neighborhood, with the wrong color skin. I learned that life can at times be a zoo inside of a jungle, that there ARE individuals who trade their humanity for joyful, mindless, animalistic brutality. I also learned that sometimes humanity is better for it if individuals like this are removed from society. Think of the hooded terrorists who beheaded Nick Berg and Daniel Pearl. The world would be a better place without them in it.

The second time I mentioned the word “hospital” in my writings, was when I referred to the second time I was mugged by two guys with knives who said they were going to kill me, and I gave both of the people who tried to kill me such severe beatings that one was in the hospital for four months, and one for five, and that one spent one month on a feeding tube.

I maintain that you never had anything this awful happen to you, or you wouldn’t be so naieve.

<I>“The two friends were Saddam Hussein and Osama Bin Laden.” </I>
What, exactly, do you mean by this? This is all you wrote on this matter. It just sits there alone on the metaphorical page and does nothing. Are you trying to infer that there was a connection between Osama and Saddam? You offer no other explanatory statement of such a potentially inflammatory accusation. Perhaps if you had said something like:
“I believe that the US attacked Iraq because of a perceived relationship between Osama Bin Laden and Saddam Hussein.”

[i]"I did state that you resorted to the use of a title of esteem, of "nobility" in an attempt to strengthen your words, possibly hoping that others would then grant your writing greater worth."[/i]

I didn't "resort" to anything. Your statement, "if you study history..." called me to the carpet, as I am a teacher and scholar. You may be unaware of this, but that statement implies that the person making it studies history themselves, and is probably going to know more than the person challenging them. I EARNED my title of "esteem" through a lot of very hard work, candy-ass. My statement that I am a teacher lends creedence to my words on that subject, just as if you made a medical statement, and I said that I was a doctor before attempting to prove you wrong.

In case you didn't guess already, you bottom-feeder, I do not CARE if ANYONE likes me or not. My writing stands on its own, and I'm not looking for anyone's approval, or for anyone to take my side.

If you notice, I never asked in this thread, "so what do the rest of you think? Am I presenting a more valid argument than this "Z" guy?" Never. I don't need others to help bolster anything I say. My writing stands on its own. Although I appreciate that others share my point of view on you, I did not solicit their approval. They did it on their own initiative.

Forget this, I think I'll dumb this down to your level:

Your writing is bad.
You pretend to know a lot, but you haven't read enough books.
You have not had anything really bad happen to you.
You don't really read my responses.
You don't know what it's like to really work hard for something.
You would not know wit or sarcasm if it was thrown through your window.
You ask stupid questions.
You do not follow the news.

Please, prove me wrong, and respond to something other than the little talking point simple sentences above, Mr. "Can't Count to 21 Unless He's Naked."

Oh. I hope one day you slide naked down a knotty cedar fencepost set the "wrong way."
savethewave
The Jet Set

Postby MARV » Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:06 am

"I will no longer reply"

Good, that's the smartest thing you've ever posted. Enough with this nonsense already. [:(!]
MARV
Room at the Top

Postby Jimbo » Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:41 am

OK, who let "Z" read Derrida's "Letter to a Japanese Friend"?

Did Jacques Derrida really die a few weeks ago from pancreatic cancer or did he simply define a new social and literary construct or context for "living"? Then you will ask what is living. Is Martha Stewart living? She does have a magazine by that same name so I guess you could say yes! She is indeed "living", unless you talk to her stockbroker and then he might say she is "dead" to him. Where do we then go from here? Where [i]is[/i] here? What is [i]is[/i]?
Alas, I digress...
Call it what you want "Z", but I don't think that old Jacques has been seen at work lately, thereby leaving all those old constructs in place after all.

The really neat thing about "Deconstructionism" (the not-so-new word for "Nominalism"), is the view that the meanings of words are completely arbitrary and that, at the end of the day, reality is whatever your little heart desires it to be. Now if you say something like that so plainly, you will be laughed at by most people. But if you then dress it up with some deep sounding French phrases like "il n'y a pas de hors-texte" then you can look like a deep thinking intellectual to the rest of us unwashed masses.

So if you were to follow your own philosophy, you would not be insulted by what savethewave has posted. Because how can you [i]really know[/i] what he meant?
Jimbo
Room at the Top

Postby beatschool » Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:49 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by marvymarv[/i]
<br> I normally don't resort to name calling and labeling but this is just preposterous.....[/quote]

Hehe. Right.
beatschool
The Jet Set

Postby phillyidol » Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:06 am

Man! You guys make me feel like a moron! Well said all of you! I still keep a dictionary next to my keyboard because I can't even spell.
phillyidol
Room at the Top

Postby MARV » Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:15 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by beatschool[/i]
<br>[quote][i]Originally posted by marvymarv[/i]
<br> I normally don't resort to name calling and labeling but this is just preposterous.....[/quote]

Hehe. Right.
[/quote]

Oh, come on beats. What did I ever straight out call you? Stop.....[:)]
MARV
Room at the Top

Postby 2Nu » Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:33 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by phillyidol[/i]
<br>Man! You guys make me feel like a moron! Well said all of you! I still keep a dictionary next to my keyboard because I can't even spell.
[/quote]

Hey philly, use a (t a b b e d) <a href="http://www.mozilla.org/" target="blank">browser</a> so that you can have <a href="http://dictionary.reference.com/" target="blank">your dictionary</a> at the ready![;)]
2Nu
Room at the Top

PreviousNext

Return to —Not Necessarily New Wave—