Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

person of interest tv show.

Reserved for off-topic posts.

person of interest tv show.

Postby newwavepop » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:42 pm

i felt like making a post, its stupid and no one will probably care. but i was watching the new episode of person of interest a few nights ago and theres a character named harold played by michael emerson the guy that was ben linus on lost. for years me and many others have commented on how much he looked like klaus nomi, well the other night his character is being held captive and he says something like who do you think i am to his captor and she replies youre the man that sold the world. i just thought it was sort of odd or funny because klaus nomi first got any real recognition in 79 when bowie hired him as back up for an appearance on SNL, one of the songs they did that night was the man that sold the world.
also lincoln had a secretary named kennedy and kennedy had a secretary named lincoln.
newwavepop
Personal Jesus

Postby Frau_Blucher » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:48 am

He does. Wish the show was better though. Had some promise and now drifting.
Frau_Blucher
Room at the Top

Postby newwavepop » Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:50 am

its one of many shows i watch as just sort of filler if that makes sense? its not great and i dont feel invested in the characters but its decent for a slot i dont like anything else more in.
newwavepop
Personal Jesus

Postby Frau_Blucher » Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:48 pm

Yeah, good description.
Frau_Blucher
Room at the Top

Postby KYYX4ever » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:32 am

I like the show.
I caught that reference too, "you're the man who sold the world".
I thought it had drifted late last season, but then this season, with Harold getting kidnapped, I thought it tightened up again. IMO, it would have been interesting if they'd kept it up for much longer, Root on the run, with Harold in tow. Then, Reese would have been simultaneously trying to track him down and saving people's lives (as spit out by the machine) at the same time. I was thinking after the season premiere, that that's what they were going to do. I don't like that Root character, but it added some evil zippiness.
KYYX4ever
Room at the Top

Postby newwavepop » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:45 pm

i was having a hard time with her origin story, im no computer expert but i found it hard to believe a girl that young in that time period in a town that small and with very limited computer access could be that good of a hacker.
newwavepop
Personal Jesus

Return to —Not Necessarily New Wave—