Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

RoboCop 2014

Reserved for off-topic posts.

RoboCop 2014

Postby djcraig » Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:00 am

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/INmtQXUXez8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Looks frightening... and that's just Samuel Jackson's hair.
djcraig
Room at the Top

Postby gpow » Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:52 am

I could already tell that the new version is already dumbed down not because of the PG-13 rating but the way Officer Murphy dies. Instead of having his limbs blown off piece by piece like in the original, Officer Murphy survives a car explosion and gets placed in the hospital bed.
gpow
Take On Me

Postby djcraig » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:24 am

Yes that's quite lowbrow but it's the only thing the masses will understand. Wait... what?
djcraig
Room at the Top

Postby gpow » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:08 am

There won't be masses since the film doesn't look any good. Just like the Total Recall remake. Why do they have to butcher those Paul Verhovan films?
gpow
Take On Me

Postby TragicMagic » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:05 am

With the original ROBOCOP being one of my all time fave movies, my heart sunk a little when I heard of a remake.

My heart's done a complete ventricle-fart now seeing that they've potentially fucked it up as I presumed they would.

How can you make Murphey's 'death' anything but even more stark and violent than the original (or at least AS stark and violent) - it sets the tone for the entire movie.

The original gore and in your face harsh reality of the increasingly violent society and mindset of the local criminals is a must.

2 of my other fave (original) movies are Fright Night and Total Recall, so I shouldn't be suprised. Which pooch will they royaly screw next I wonder? If they attempt a remake of Beverly Hills Cop, I'm checking out of the movie world and staying with TV! :-

TM
TragicMagic
Room at the Top

Return to —Not Necessarily New Wave—