Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Political correctness

Reserved for off-topic posts.

Political correctness

Postby randy » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:04 pm

Anyone else as sick of this as I am? I know you are-just admit it. If gilligans island came out today, the professer would be latino, skipper would be black, gilligan would be gay, ginger and maryanne would be lesbian lovers and thurston would be transgender. Im told captain ameri a is now black, thor is female and spidey is a latino black mix. Seriously? We should just change history and make ben franklin chineese, george washington a lesbian transgender and lincoln a muslim. So glad im a hermit in southeast asia. Cancel my comics subscriptions please.
randy
Room at the Top

Re: Political correctness

Postby MrOktober » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:31 am

Gilligan wasn't gay? Then why was he in a hammock under the Skipper instead of giving it to Ginger, Maryann, or (after a few coconut coladas) Mrs. Howell?
See through faded, super jaded and out of my mind
MrOktober
Take On Me

Postby randy » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:25 pm

Gilligan was doing maryann!
randy
Room at the Top

Postby randy » Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:47 pm

Everyone dead?
randy
Room at the Top

Postby Passing_Stranger » Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:15 am

But what can one do about it? "Political correctness" is a form of defence and furthering of their agenda for minorities, they fought for it for decades and they won't give it up or even slow it down now just because the (relative) majority is silently sick of it. Now this majority have to fight for the right not to be constantly nagged about gays or blacks or everyone else - or accept the situation. Simple moaning won't do. And anyway, it seems like a losing battle of People against the whole State - what chance do you think People have of winning? The sad thing is there can be no compromise, it's either all of nothing. And it became not a humanitarian, but a political, ideological issue - which means constant struggle until one of the sides wins completely.

So accept it or fight against it - there's no other way.
Passing_Stranger
Room at the Top

Postby basstone » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:04 pm

Yeah, I can't stand PC. Simple litmus test.
If the truth or logic contradicts a PC statement it's BS.
PC people even have self destroying mantras.
Everyone's/thing is Equal... But Diversity is good .....?
basstone
Take On Me

Postby MrOktober » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:13 pm

I especially enjoy the pc euphemisms like "undocumented immigrant" for illegal alien and "justice involved individual" for convicted criminal.
MrOktober
Take On Me

Return to —Not Necessarily New Wave—