Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

DEVO 2.0

Discussions about the new generations of bands influenced by '80s New Wave and Postpunk

Postby hutter » Tue Apr 18, 2006 2:09 am

I hope you're right, Ollie. I dig DEVO way too much to let myself get disgusted for too long. Now, of all times, we could use some new DEVO.

http://www.godhatesfags.org.uk/
hutter
Room at the Top

Postby plagiarism » Tue Apr 18, 2006 2:21 am

Why, you're in luck, Hutter. Dev2.0 contains two all-new tracks: "Cyclops" and "The Winner"!
plagiarism
Room at the Top

Postby hutter » Tue Apr 18, 2006 2:48 am

hutter
Room at the Top

Postby ghosty » Tue Apr 18, 2006 7:34 am

Check out the DVD "Sonic Outlaws" about Negativland's commitment to thwart media and corporate greed. Watch them commit a federal crime in real time!! Watch them lose everything at the hands of Island Records when they sample U2 in the name of "fair use"! Watch them confront U2 when U2 actually begin engaging in illegal sampling themselves! Watch them expertly manipulate the media!

Negativland once put out an album called "Dis Pepsi", a collection of truly offensive would-be Pepsi jingles (ex: "I nailed Jesus to the cross...Pepsi! Children dying of disease...Pepsi"). The Pepsi organization, in an attempt to seem "hip", actually contacted Negativland about working for the company. Negativland told them where to stick the paycheck.
ghosty
Room at the Top

Postby i_like_lectric_motors » Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:10 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by ghosty[/i]
<br>Check out the DVD "Sonic Outlaws" about Negativland's commitment to thwart media and corporate greed. Watch them commit a federal crime in real time!! Watch them lose everything at the hands of Island Records when they sample U2 in the name of "fair use"! Watch them confront U2 when U2 actually begin engaging in illegal sampling themselves! Watch them expertly manipulate the media!

Negativland once put out an album called "Dis Pepsi", a collection of truly offensive would-be Pepsi jingles (ex: "I nailed Jesus to the cross...Pepsi! Children dying of disease...Pepsi"). The Pepsi organization, in an attempt to seem "hip", actually contacted Negativland about working for the company. Negativland told them where to stick the paycheck.

[/quote]

Negativland's a trip! How about the "Happy Heroes" ep, with the song
"OJ Simpson and His Personal Trainer Kill Nicole and Ron Goldman" which sampled from OJ's workout video? Classic stuff. [:D]
i_like_lectric_motors
Room at the Top

Postby ghosty » Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:14 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by i_like_lectric_motors[/i]
<br>[quote][i]Originally posted by ghosty[/i]
<br>Check out the DVD "Sonic Outlaws" about Negativland's commitment to thwart media and corporate greed. Watch them commit a federal crime in real time!! Watch them lose everything at the hands of Island Records when they sample U2 in the name of "fair use"! Watch them confront U2 when U2 actually begin engaging in illegal sampling themselves! Watch them expertly manipulate the media!

[/quote]

Negativland's a trip! How about the "Happy Heroes" ep, with the song
"OJ Simpson and His Personal Trainer Kill Nicole and Ron Goldman" which sampled from OJ's workout video? Classic stuff. [:D]
[/quote]

Brilliant...just brilliant. I also like the Orson Welles/Jolly Green Giant track. Can't remember what it's called.
ghosty
Room at the Top

Postby i_like_lectric_motors » Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:19 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by ghosty[/i]

Brilliant...just brilliant. I also like the Orson Welles/Jolly Green Giant track. Can't remember what it's called.
[/quote]

Yeah, me too. It was called "Jolly Green Giant".
i_like_lectric_motors
Room at the Top

Postby Bitter Almonds » Tue Apr 18, 2006 2:11 pm

The fact they're producing shit nowadays doesn't mean their original work sux. I like DeVo of back then. This Devo2.0 shit... is shit. Lots of artists end up one way or another - selling out or forgotten for not selling out. It's the nature of showbiz.
Bitter Almonds
Room at the Top

Postby highway1pch » Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:01 am

They are going to tour!

Just saw these dates at the House of Blues Anaheim:

http://www.hob.com/tickets/eventdetail. ... ntid=39082

http://www.hob.com/tickets/eventdetail. ... ntid=39083

Hillarious. They are interspliced with dates for Gary Numan and The Buzzcocks.

<a href="http://www.ocnewwave.blogspot.com/"><font color="#ff6600"><font size=+1.5>OC New Wave Blog</font></a>
<font color="#00ff00"><font="westminster">Music videos, Orange County concerts, and more.</font>
highway1pch
Personal Jesus

Previous

Return to Next Wave