Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

NEW John Maus LP - Unreleased material

Discussions about the new generations of bands influenced by '80s New Wave and Postpunk

NEW John Maus LP - Unreleased material

Postby Returnoid » Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:06 pm

This may be some of his best yet!!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VCCpVl06mC0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

On July 17th/16th, Ribbon Music will release on behalf of John Maus, throughout the world, a sixteen song collection of music spanning eleven years of creative output titled A Collection of Rarities and Previously Unreleased Material.

Of the sixteen songs showcased, five: “This is the Beat,” “Castles in the Grave,” “Bennington,” “My Hatred is Magnificent,” and “No Title (Molly),” have appeared on previous compilations. Most notably “No Title (Molly)” was originally released on a flexi disc as part of Ribbon Music/Domino’s Record Store Day release Smugglers Way. Two songs: “Angel of the Night” and “Lost” have never been released on any format, nor across any media. The same can not be said of the remaining nine songs, the majority of which initially appeared on Demos 2011, a bundle of tracks originating from mausspace.com where they had been uploaded by their creator (John Maus) to be appreciated, if not reviewed, by those eager enough to search them out.

Devout fans may notice a few of the ‘demos’ from this period are not represented on the album. The answer to this is simple: “Some of the songs are in fact just that – DEMOS – better left unreleased” – John Maus.

A Collection of Rarities and Previously Unreleased Material has been entirely remixed and remastered for release on CD, limited edition LP, and digital formats July 17th in North America and July 16th throughout the rest of the world and features artwork and design by Turner Prize winning artist Wolfgang Tillmans.

The LP version of the album will be limited to a one time pressing of 3000 hand numbered copies. Of the 3000 copies 500 will be issued on translucent pink vinyl and are available exclusively to pre-order now through the Ribbon Mart.

JOHN MAUS
A Collection of Rarities and Previously Unreleased Material
1. North Star (2008)
2. The Law (2003)
3. Castles in the Grave (2010)
4. Angel of the Night (2010)
5. Mental Breakdown (2004)
6. Bennington (2007)
7. Big Dumb Man (2003)
8. No Title (Molly) (2008)
9. Lost (2003)
10. All Aboard (2007)
11. This is The Beat (2005)
12. My Hatred is Magnificent (2008)
13. The Fear (2003)
14. Fish With Broken Dreams (1999)
15. Rock the Bone (2008)
16. I Don’t Eat Human Beings (2008)

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/TzdZd7cPTKQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Returnoid
Running Up That Hill

Return to Next Wave