Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

The Epoxies

Discussions about the new generations of bands influenced by '80s New Wave and Postpunk

The Epoxies

Postby Ollie Stench » Mon May 16, 2005 6:31 am

New LP out tomorrow, May 17. I've heard 2 trax off of it so far and they are phenomenal!!! I highly recommend The Epoxies to anyone who likes Blondie, Devo, X-Ray Spex, et al.

While some people aren't into these guys I must say that they have been the only band in the last 5 years that I'vegotten really geeked out over.

www.theepoxies.com
Ollie Stench
Room at the Top

Postby n/a5 » Mon May 16, 2005 11:04 am

Hey Ollie long time no see on the boards or hub. Thanks for the Epoxies lead... I will check them out.
n/a5
The Jet Set

Postby Frau_Blucher » Mon May 16, 2005 10:58 pm

Hahahah! Ollie, fitting first post for you to the new forum!
Frau_Blucher
Room at the Top

Postby Ollie Stench » Tue May 17, 2005 1:40 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by Nero Lance[/i]
<br>Hey Ollie long time no see on the boards or hub. [/quote]

Been busy with real life stuff (I bought a house, and all the headaches that came with it). I re-formatted my HD due to a virii and haven't replaced the hub software or the mp3 collection yet.
--------------------
So I grabbed the new album and while I like it alot it seems to follow the same formula as the first. Same types of songs in subject matter, tempo, instrumentation, etc. Still really good, but very little growth from the first LP. The track "Synthesized" is the exact same version they released as a single 2 years ago, not even remixed. And they do a Scorpions cover!

Overall I really like the record alot. Then again, I really liked the first one and this is just a continuation.
Ollie Stench
Room at the Top

Postby i_like_lectric_motors » Tue May 17, 2005 1:47 am

No way! Which Scorpions song??
i_like_lectric_motors
Room at the Top

Postby i_like_lectric_motors » Tue May 17, 2005 1:52 am

Oh, and congrats on the new house Ollie![8D]
i_like_lectric_motors
Room at the Top

Postby Ollie Stench » Wed May 18, 2005 7:47 am

"Robot Man". I didn't recognize it, but when looking at the album credits it said "All songs by The Epoxies, except 'Robot man' by Meine and Schenker. I recognized the names and a quick google search later came up with The Scorpions (I was thinking UFO at first, but you wouldn't believe the results you get from googe when you searhc for 'robot man' and 'ufo').
Ollie Stench
Room at the Top

Postby Mr. DNA » Thu May 19, 2005 3:05 pm

yeah, The Vindictives covered that on the "party time for assholes" double ten inch...Whoah Whoah I'm a robot man...
Mr. DNA
Switchin' to Glide

Postby Ollie Stench » Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:05 am

The Epoxies are playing here in 5 hours. I'm excited.
Ollie Stench
Room at the Top

Postby KYYX4ever » Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:09 am

That's so cool Ollie! You'll love it, of course. I'm hoping they come back thru Albuquerque, as I was out of town when they were here last month. Their show totally rocks my face off ( as Frayo would say). I wonder if they still do the duct tape crosses/skinny laser glasses/keytar thing.
KYYX4ever
Room at the Top

Postby Ollie Stench » Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:13 am

This will be my 3rd time seeing them. The first 2 times were really fun shows, and that's coming from a jaded old man like me who's seen it all before!
Ollie Stench
Room at the Top

Postby KYYX4ever » Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:22 am

You said it.[8D]
I'm far from a jaded old man, but I think these guys have the most unusual and fun presentation I've seen in YEARS.
KYYX4ever
Room at the Top

Postby Ollie Stench » Sun Jul 10, 2005 3:20 am

Of course I get within 6 people from the door and the show is sold out! I never thought it would sell out so it was never a concern at all. 2 days later and I'm still pissed. Oh well, they're touring again later this year. Maybe they'll come back.
Ollie Stench
Room at the Top

Postby Joe Rooftop » Thu Sep 01, 2005 6:25 am

I saw the epoxies....2 years ago? in madison. Almost accidently asked out roxy epoxy. didn't know she was in the band. Hehe. Been totally crushing on her since.

Street walking cheetah...
Joe Rooftop
Running Up That Hill

Postby hubcity » Thu Sep 15, 2005 12:41 am

Just got onto this bandwagon, myself. I'm adding "Everything Looks Beautiful On Video" to my playlists starting this week...

-Sean
http://www.altrokradio.com
hubcity
Personal Jesus

Next

Return to Next Wave