Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Interpol

Discussions about the new generations of bands influenced by '80s New Wave and Postpunk

Interpol

Postby Dave » Mon May 16, 2005 1:24 pm

Thoughts? I saw the video for Evil the other day and now I'm hooked! What a great sound... and topped off with a haunting video (that puppet gives me the heebie-jeebies!).

http://www.interpolny.com/video.php

I can definately hear the similarity with Joy Division, Echo & Bunnymen, etc. but the lead singer sounds a lot like Michael Stipe to me.

BTW, I assume they have nothing to do with the 80's Interpol (G-g-g-g-get out o' London)
Dave
The Jet Set

Postby Jason² » Mon May 16, 2005 4:48 pm

"Get Out Of London" was by Intaferon, there was no '80s Interpol.
Jason²
The Jet Set

Postby Dave » Tue May 17, 2005 3:05 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by Jason²[/i]
<br>"Get Out Of London" was by Intaferon, there was no '80s Interpol.
[/quote]

D'oh! My bad.
Dave
The Jet Set

Postby Otters Walk Among Us » Tue May 17, 2005 5:07 am

I like the second album much more than the first - the first has some very good tunes, but a number of them drag on too long and a lot of the lyrics are cringeworthy. On Antics it seems they've realized that ending a song before 4 minutes hasve passed is OK. And the lyrics, while much less awful, still don't make any sense.

I don't see the Michael Stipe comparison, though.
Otters Walk Among Us
The Jet Set

Postby ghosty » Tue May 17, 2005 9:06 am

That puppet IS creepy! I wound up liking the song more after seeing the video though.
ghosty
Room at the Top

Postby Horrorgrrl » Thu May 19, 2005 2:53 pm

I like the new album, with "Evil" probably being my favorite track, but I don't think any of it can compare (IMHO) to the most haunting "NYC" off their debut.

Tess[8D]
Horrorgrrl
The Jet Set

Postby jumpshift » Sun Oct 23, 2005 8:00 am

I like Interpol. There one of the many indie bands today trying to bring back the good ol' synth days. I'm sure if Interpol & the Killers & Franz Ferdinand were around back in the 80's they would've been HUGE!!
jumpshift
The Jet Set

Postby mare_idol » Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:01 am

I loved Interpol from the get go.

I received an advance copy of their first CD and I predicted that they were going to be big.

I like the first album much better than the second one, which seems kinda dry.
mare_idol
The Jet Set

Postby deethelurker » Mon Oct 31, 2005 12:35 pm

Ooh, Interpol rock, and YES, they totally have the Echo & the Bunnymen meet Joy Division thing down! I love both their albums, but I do have to say that I think Antics is far more anthemic and exciting and sounds more like the product of a confident lineup who all sound like they've known what they've been doing since the very first take. Not saying I dislike their debut album at the least -- I do love it so. But Antics is... whoa. Amazing. I hope they get bigger with every album they release.

(Oh, and it doesn't hurt that they're all cute, huh? Ha.)
deethelurker
Personal Jesus

Postby Mechi » Sun Dec 25, 2005 8:43 am

Interpol is a great band. Yeah, I see the similarity in Daniel's voice with Michael Stirpe's but he has that kind of Ian Curtis style of singing(but he is no Ian).
Maybe Interpol is the best newer- wave band... I think so. But what I don't agree with is with the ones that said that Interpol is the new JD. There was only one Joy Division and only one Ian Curtis.

Mercedes
Mechi
Room at the Top

Postby Spit » Fri Dec 30, 2005 7:38 am

One of my favorite newer bands . I did think there first album was better .
Spit
Room at the Top

Postby Frau_Blucher » Sat Dec 31, 2005 12:45 am

A personality infusion and they could be big big big. [}:)]
Frau_Blucher
Room at the Top

Postby Mechi » Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:22 am

Every day that goes by, I like Interpol more. I love how they dress and their attitude. Their lyrics are awesome too.
The only thing that I suspect is that I like Interpo because I like Joy Division... though I think that Interpol is different in many ways from Joy.

Mercedes
Mechi
Room at the Top

Postby adrimok » Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:17 am

My favorite is C'mere. If you want to listen to interpol and other new good wave bands for free, listen to our new free internet radio at koolrockradio.com
adrimok
Running Up That Hill

Postby Mechi » Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:28 pm

I like C'mere very much too.. also Narc, Evil, Slow hands and Obstacle 1.

Sort of like most of them. [:)]

Mercedes
Mechi
Room at the Top

Return to Next Wave