Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Siren Festival, free show w/Spoon/VHSorBeta/Dears-

Discussions about the new generations of bands influenced by '80s New Wave and Postpunk

Siren Festival, free show w/Spoon/VHSorBeta/Dears-

Postby ebbhead » Mon Jul 11, 2005 1:08 am

VHS or Beta alone are reason to check this out. This Saturday (7/16) at Coney Island.

http://www.villagevoice.com/siren/2005/press_0706.html

SPOON, MATES OF STATE,
BRENDAN BENSON, DUNGEN,
VHS OR BETA, Q AND NOT U,
THE DEARS, SAUL WILLIAMS,
AMBULANCE LTD, DIAMOND NIGHTS,
MORNINGWOOD, BE YOUR OWN PET,
DETACHMENT KIT AND NINE BLACK ALPS
are scheduled to perform at

The Village Voice
SIREN MUSIC FESTIVAL™
at Coney Island on Saturday, July 16, 2005

New York, NY (July 6, 2005) The Village Voice SIREN MUSIC FESTIVAL™, the 5th annual free, all-day, all-ages music festival at Coney Island on Saturday, July 16th from 12:00 noon - 9:00 p.m. will feature Spoon, Mates Of State, Brendan Benson, Dungen, VHS Or Beta, Q And Not U, The Dears, Saul Williams, Ambulance LTD, Diamond Nights, Morningwood, Be Your Own Pet, Detachment Kit and Nine Black Alps performing live throughout the Coney Island amusement park on two outdoor stages. Plus Tommie Sunshine and The Notorious SHOUT! DJs will be spinning throughout the day.

Now in its fifth year, The Village Voice SIREN MUSIC FESTIVAL™ has solidified its status as a leading outdoor indie rock event, drawing over 170,000 music fans last summer, establishing itself as a leader in showcasing indie rock veterans and emerging artists.

Budweiser returns to The Village Voice SIREN MUSIC FESTIVAL™ as the exclusive beer sponsor for the fifth consecutive year. Tower Records has signed on to be the exclusive music retail sponsor, Xbox will be the festival's exclusive gaming console and Garnier Fructis the exclusive hair care. Other sponsors include: LGE MobileComm USA, Inc., Clear Channel Communications, Inc., Music Player Live, Converse, Astroland and TriBeCa Grand Hotel. Promotional partners include: Gibson Guitars, Jana Water and Filter Magazine.
ebbhead
The Jet Set

Postby Horrorgrrl » Mon Jul 11, 2005 6:42 am

And while you're there be sure to check out The Dears as well. Possibly the best Canadian band out there right now. Progenitors of the "Montreal Sound". If you like The Smiths, you should dig these guys as well. Rock!

Tess[8D]
Horrorgrrl
The Jet Set

Postby goutroy » Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:14 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by Horrorgrrl[/i]
<br>And while you're there be sure to check out The Dears as well. Possibly the best Canadian band out there right now. Progenitors of the "Montreal Sound". If you like The Smiths, you should dig these guys as well. Rock!

Tess[8D]
[/quote]

I just came into this thread to say the exact same thing! The Dears are incredible. Every song (especially live) seems like a closing song - they all have an epic feel, and end in either repeated vocals, huge crescendos of instruments, or a slow instrumental fade-out.
goutroy
Personal Jesus

Return to Next Wave