Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Interesting Britpop 2nd Wave Article

Discussions about the new generations of bands influenced by '80s New Wave and Postpunk

Interesting Britpop 2nd Wave Article

Postby Frau_Blucher » Sat Aug 20, 2005 5:20 am

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/4745137.stm

Of course the bastards don't name British Sea Power but that's forgiven...we're above it all anyway. [:D]
Frau_Blucher
Room at the Top

Postby hubcity » Thu Sep 15, 2005 12:54 am

Blir,

Speaking of BSP, have you heard Brakes yet? (They're one person from BSP, two from Electric Soft Machine, and I can't remember where the remaining person's from...) There are two *really* solid tracks on that record, and counting.

-Sean
http://www.altrokradio.com
hubcity
Personal Jesus

Postby MARV » Thu Sep 15, 2005 2:26 am

Good article there Blir. Although I have to say, for an "after band" like Echobelly, they're really pretty darned good. I agree with the observation that second wave acts like Coldplay, etc. are copying the U2 business model garnering further success unlike the first wave 90's bands like Oasis who were a bit snobby to U.S. audiences. It's the smart thing to do.
MARV
Room at the Top

Postby Frau_Blucher » Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:07 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by hubcity[/i]
<br>Blir,

Speaking of BSP, have you heard Brakes yet? (They're one person from BSP, two from Electric Soft Machine, and I can't remember where the remaining person's from...) There are two *really* solid tracks on that record, and counting.
[/quote]
Yeah, good stuff. The BSP fan site had links to all their tracks a couple months back. I wouldn't go out to buy it though. But you could slap a BSP label on rubber dogshit and I'd be all over it [:D]
Frau_Blucher
Room at the Top

Postby hubcity » Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:17 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by Blir[/i]
<br>[quote][i]Originally posted by hubcity[/i]
<br>Blir,

[/quote]
Yeah, good stuff. The BSP fan site had links to all their tracks a couple months back. I wouldn't go out to buy it though. But you could slap a BSP label on rubber dogshit and I'd be all over it [:D]
[/quote]

I think you may want to get used to "All Nite Disco Party"...not a great bunch of lyrics, but it sure is fun...

-Sean
hubcity
Personal Jesus

Return to Next Wave