Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Electric Six

Discussions about the new generations of bands influenced by '80s New Wave and Postpunk

Electric Six

Postby CodyK46 » Fri Sep 09, 2005 5:01 pm

Hands down one of my favorite newer bands. I went to there concert when VHS or Beta was with them. Both bands are the shit. Anyways, Dick Valintine knows how to work a crowd. Anyways, what is everybody's opinion on this band?
CodyK46
Take On Me

Postby Frau_Blucher » Sat Sep 10, 2005 7:18 am

Have not heard a peep but thanks, I'm gonna check 'em out. We need more action on the Next Wave side!
Frau_Blucher
Room at the Top

Postby Horrorgrrl » Sun Sep 11, 2005 2:19 pm

Electric Six ROCKS!

Tess[8D]
Horrorgrrl
The Jet Set

Postby CodyK46 » Mon Sep 12, 2005 3:22 pm

A few of my favorites are Gay Bar, Synthasizer, and Vibrator. Definatly a good band. If these guys come to your town, you have to see them. You will fall in love with there music. It is better live than on cd.
CodyK46
Take On Me

Postby Natephish » Tue Sep 13, 2005 3:00 am

I've been listening to them since 2003, when their first CD was released. Their new album, Senor Smoke, is much better than their first, do pick it up.
Natephish
Personal Jesus

Postby CodyK46 » Sat Oct 01, 2005 4:29 pm

If it has lots of samples on it, I will love it.
CodyK46
Take On Me

Postby MikeP » Fri Oct 14, 2005 6:03 am

Yeah, these guys are great. Saw them live a few months ago prior to Senor Smoke. Dick Valentine with his cheesy 70's lounge lizard attire and disco moves to boot ... don't miss 'em if they come to your town!

There's something about all these campy throwback bands like Electric Six, The Darkness and Scissor Sisters that is strangely appealing yet knowingly hollow. I think the satirical factor is what appeals to me the most -- they kind of make a mockery of rock/dance music and the biz in general while still cranking out catchy tunes. And maybe after all the bands that took themselves just a little too seriously in the 90's, these guys are just what the doctor ordered!
MikeP
President Am I

Return to Next Wave