Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

The Fuses

Discussions about the new generations of bands influenced by '80s New Wave and Postpunk

The Fuses

Postby Borneojimy » Sat Sep 17, 2005 1:37 pm

Anybody familiar with these guys? They're a Baltimore band that just put out their third LP "Eastern Cities", which kinda reminds me of Gang Of Four/Mission Of Burma with a twist of the early Clash. Damn fine stuff. The earlier records are worth getting too, if you can track down their singles they do covers of Tubeway Army "Me, I Disconnect From You" & Fashion "Sodium Pentathol Negative".
Borneojimy
The Jet Set

Postby Moparmark » Sun Sep 18, 2005 8:57 am

Jesus yes old Borneo,I had to look around but I got Fuses-Are lies.I can,t honestly recall what they sound like because I got so much punk rock.I put them on a tape with The Reds,The Frisk and The Frustrators.I just got The Supersuckers-Devils food and the Blues Explosion-Damage this past week,but have yet to hear them.Hey Borneo,do you think were the only punkers on this web?
Moparmark
The Jet Set

Postby Moparmark » Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:03 am

Borneo.Get the Fast acting Fuses-Sayonara,they are from the Boston area and are great.Check out the Rodent Popsicle lable,it,s cool.
Moparmark
The Jet Set

Postby Borneojimy » Sun Sep 18, 2005 1:16 pm

Thanks Mopar, I'll have to look into that. I picked up the new Adolescents disc today-awesome! Way better than the crap they put out in the late 80s, this one is pretty close to the first LP in quality! Anytime you want to swap some discs, just let me know.
Borneojimy
The Jet Set

Return to Next Wave