Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

My Music @ MySpace

Discussions about the new generations of bands influenced by '80s New Wave and Postpunk

My Music @ MySpace

Postby Mister_White » Sun Oct 02, 2005 4:09 pm

Yikes, where to begin so that this doesn't come off spammy? I guess just get the spam out of the way, so here is the link:

http://www.myspace.com/misterwhitemusic

Now, with the shamefull and obvious spam out of the way I'm making this post for a few reasons and not all of them are of the advertising variety.

I'm very much a lover of New Wave and post-punk music so this forum is right up my alley and the music that I do definitely draws inspiration from the aformentioned.

I suppose this is my introduction. I went through the other threads and decided "what the hell?" (which is always the right decision) since I couldn't think of anything else to say. Music is my career and my passion. I figure the best way to introduce myself is through that which I spend the best and worst of times doing.

I suppose my music has a few things in common with Synthpop/Future-Pop. Definitely a few things in common with New Wave. It has been described as such before, along with the terms Death Rock, Utter Shit, and the Best Music Ever (the last two are me). Perhaps a little more Death Rock orientated (as in Sisters of Mercy, Bauhaus, Joy Division, etc.) than anything but I make no claims to genre.

What does this mean to you? Well, it could mean a free album if you like it and are supportive of independent music. Just something I'm doing before an actual commercial release, so if you're interested....

Aside from all that I hope to enjoy my stay here. This place seems pretty cool.

Peace

"Birds ate my face!" ~ Chuck Palahniuk
Mister_White
Running Up That Hill

Postby i_like_lectric_motors » Sun Oct 02, 2005 11:39 pm

Hey, no worries about "spam". I don't think anyone here minds someone introducing themselves and their music the way you just did. Our most notorious spammers (like Trapt and Natasha Bedingfield of all people) post the same message in every section of the board and just make a general nuisance of themselves. The one thing we all agree on here is that we love being exposed to new music.

I listened to all your stuff. I absolutely fucking loved Disproportionate and Down The Hill. I liked Down The Hill the most. The intro and outro are very nice and that guitar is just mind-bending. Awesome job. Daily Hate Affirmation was also pretty cool. I liked Harbor too but I think I'm missing out on whatever you were aiming for with the drum programming in the chorus. I also like your voice a lot better on the slower, non-yelling parts. Anyway, I like it all an awful lot and would love to hear more when the cd is done.

Thanks for the link and stick around. Especially if you think Bush is a douche.

[:D]
i_like_lectric_motors
Room at the Top

Return to Next Wave