Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Seven Color Sky (Psych. Furs-produced)

Discussions about the new generations of bands influenced by '80s New Wave and Postpunk

Seven Color Sky (Psych. Furs-produced)

Postby vette442 » Thu Nov 24, 2005 1:47 am

Hi all -

Okay, shameless plug... I've lurked around this site for a while now since it caters to my 20+ year new wave fandom (probably getting started in earnest around the Duran Duran "Rio" and Thompson Twins' "Side Kicks" era in late junior high). However, I decided to be more bold and add my contribution to the Next Wave scene here.

I'm the 'synth guy' from Seven Color Sky, which has been based out of Pittsburgh, PA for over three years. Our last disc was produced by John Ashton of The Psychedelic Furs and has been doing relatively well in terms of downloads and sales, especially to the UK and elsewhere in Europe (we keep seeing random - and positive - reviews popping up over there). When we started the band, we didn't have anything in mind other than a side hobby to write and play music in the vein of what we loved - no, make that what we are obsessed with - which for all of us was The Cure, Smiths, The Chameleons, Furs, Depeche Mode, and more. A lot of records by The Housemartins, The The, Pretenders, Siouxsie, Love and Rockets, Cars, Sisters of Mercy, Echo/Bunnymen, New Order/Joy Div, and others have been spun by us over the past 20 years too!

In any case, it's turned into a bit more than we originally planned, as we've toured to several cities in support of the Furs, and we've opened for The Fixx, Trashcan Sinatras and Dave Wakeling/The English Beat in Pittsburgh.

Since we're not 20-year-old MTV-friendly kids, you'll probably never see our stuff in the bins at Best Buy, but it's worth seeking out online. If any of our influences sound interesting to you, check us out at www.sevencolorsky.com for some clips and where you can get the discs. If you do, thanks for listening!
Terry

www.sevencolorsky.com
vette442
Running Up That Hill

Postby StormyPetrel » Sun Dec 18, 2005 2:27 pm

I bought your cd from CDbaby.com. I really like it!

Brad
Atlanta, GA

-~Obscene dreams in rusty beds.~-
StormyPetrel
Personal Jesus

Postby Horrorgrrl » Thu Dec 22, 2005 6:53 am

I surfed your site - listened to the clips - and immediately bought your "Better Looking" EP from CD Baby. You've got another fan!

Tess[8D]

------------------------

Tess's Indie-Wave:

http://www.live365.com/stations/horrorfreak13
Horrorgrrl
The Jet Set

Postby vette442 » Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:45 am

Thank you very much - we appreciate that! Glad you like it.
Terry
www.sevencolorsky.com
vette442
Running Up That Hill

Postby StormyPetrel » Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:43 pm

Keep us posted, Terry.

Brad Day
Atlanta, GA

-~Obscene dreams in rusty beds.~-
StormyPetrel
Personal Jesus

Postby vette442 » Thu Apr 13, 2006 3:29 am

Some SCS news for anyone who may care...[;)]

We opened for The Fixx again in Pittsburgh on Monday, and Rupert used my DX7 in his setup and signed it after their set. Those guys are great live, and the newer material is rock solid. Check them out if you get a chance.

A new SCS EP will be out within the next couple weeks at CDBaby.com and online as downloads at your favorite mp3 site. It has two new studio tracks including a Depeche Mode cover and two live radio tracks from 2005. The downloads will also include a really well done Psychotribe remix of 'Just How Shy...' from our first album.

A new full length disc will be out in late 2006. We're tightening up a few arrangements after playing them live for several months, then they'll be ready to record.

Terry
vette442
Running Up That Hill

Postby vette442 » Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:35 am

And the link to the CDBaby page with sample clips is:

http://cdbaby.com/cd/sevencolorsky3
vette442
Running Up That Hill

Postby Synthpopfan » Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:34 am

Thanks for the info. I`m going to order your cd single. I love your cover version of But Not Tonight. I wish you guys the best on your new album. Kind Regards [;)]
Synthpopfan
Room at the Top

Postby bambicumuze » Sun Jun 11, 2006 3:23 am

great news from you ....thanks[:)][:)][:)]

B C
bambicumuze
Running Up That Hill

Return to Next Wave