Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

What am I missing?

Discussions about the new generations of bands influenced by '80s New Wave and Postpunk

Postby Borneojimy » Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:56 am

Sorry mopar, I'm actually clueless about all of those! Let me know what I should check out. Thanks to everybody for the suggestions, so far, so good.....[quote][i]Originally posted by Moparmark[/i]
<br>Hey Borneo,check out the new Blues Explosion cd/lp and the previous lp Plastic Fang(Jon Spencer) good stuff.Here is a few I recently ordered,tell me if any you have heard are good or crap.
Street Brats-See You at the Bottom
Akimbo-Forging Steel
Pissant
Manikins-Highschool goodboy
Mad Marge and the Stone Cutters
Maximum RnR-Horns up (Canadian)
Shook ones
Hate Pinks-Plastic Bag
N.Y Relx-Sold out Love
Bloody Hollies-If Footmen ,etc

[/quote]
Borneojimy
The Jet Set

Postby obs » Tue Dec 06, 2005 12:35 pm

Ladytron's current album is great. Better than their first two.
Wasn't too familiar with their stuff before but recently saw Adult. in concert and they were great.
obs
Room at the Top

Postby Jeanette » Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:07 am

Every band I was going to list has already been mentioned....hehehehe.

VHS or Beta DOES have an awesome 80's-like sound!
Kaiser Chiefs are cool, too...the song "I Predict a Riot" sounds very new wave to me...
The Bravery....another great one!
Jeanette
Switchin' to Glide

Postby vette442 » Thu Dec 08, 2005 3:58 am

You won't find us in your local Best Buy, but check out Seven Color Sky at www.sevencolorsky.com. Produced by John Ashton of the Psychedelic Furs. If you like the first-wave bands like The Smiths Cure, Furs, Chameleons, etc, you'll probably like it. Downloadable via iTunes and other mp3 sites too.
vette442
Running Up That Hill

Postby popreactor » Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:49 am

I would it add:

LCD Soundsystem
Goldfrapp
!!!
Solex
Radio 4
Her Space Holiday

Postby Borneojimy » Wed Dec 14, 2005 7:49 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by hubcity[/i]
<br>Folks,

To amplify what i_like_lectric_motors said earlier:

<font size=5>Art Brut.</font>

(Thank you.)

-Sean

I gotta agree, I just listened to their CD this morning & it does indeed rock! I love these guys! Also just picked up on Ima Robot, the Rakes & the new Against Me, all great stuff. I may have to ask this question every couple of months to see what's out there. Great to have people with good taste helping me expand my collection!
Altrok Radio
Streaming on your computer anytime, at <a href="">http://www.altrokradio.com</a>
Fridays at 10PM on your FM radio, at <a href="http://90.5thenight.org">90.5 The Night</a>
[/quote]
Borneojimy
The Jet Set

Postby fanciz » Tue Dec 20, 2005 6:23 am

[quote]Originally posted by Borneojimy
[br]I'm sure there are plenty of next wave bands that I'm missing out on, so I'm coming to your, my fellow NWOers for some recommendations. Stuff like Interpol & Coldplay really doesn't do much for me. What should I check into?
[/quote]

IMO, Interpol is the best band among the recent new comers. They sound a bit like Joy Division and the songs Obstacle 1 and Evil are great tracks. Furthermore, if U don't like Interpol, does it mean that U don't like Joy Division???..[:D] Well anyway, after I would place the Killers, Postal Service/Death Cab For Cutie, Franz Ferdinand, Kasabian, Starsailor with a slight EATB flavor and The Verve. Keane is not bad but probably too popish to qualify here.
fanciz
The Jet Set

Postby Borneojimy » Wed Dec 21, 2005 6:30 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by fanciz[/i]
<br>[quote]Originally posted by Borneojimy
[br]I'm sure there are plenty of next wave bands that I'm missing out on, so I'm coming to your, my fellow NWOers for some recommendations. Stuff like Interpol & Coldplay really doesn't do much for me. What should I check into?
[/quote]

IMO, Interpol is the best band among the recent new comers. They sound a bit like Joy Division and the songs Obstacle 1 and Evil are great tracks. Furthermore, if U don't like Interpol, does it mean that U don't like Joy Division???..[:D] Well anyway, after I would place the Killers, Postal Service/Death Cab For Cutie, Franz Ferdinand, Kasabian, Starsailor with a slight EATB flavor and The Verve. Keane is not bad but probably too popish to qualify here.
[/quote]

I do like Joy Division, quite a bit actually. I just wasn't too thrilled with the first Interpol disc. Not bad, just seemed to be lacking a bit. I have since heard some songs that I liked a little bit better, maybe I'll give them another shot.
Borneojimy
The Jet Set

Postby basstone » Sun Jan 01, 2006 6:18 am

Has anyone heard of "Pity Sing" their whole album is
pretty good. I would say it like a mix of:
"Tears for Fears - Killers - Duran Duarn- Muse"
basstone
Take On Me

Previous

Return to Next Wave