Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

THE NEW JOY DIVISION

Discussions about the new generations of bands influenced by '80s New Wave and Postpunk

THE NEW JOY DIVISION

Postby jayblaq » Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:04 pm

I don't know what to say other than I have a new favorite band of the moment....

WhiteStar - Pillar Of Society

WhiteStar's debut Fiberlineaudio release shines with raw undertones of Joy Division and The Cure while creating music that is uniquely their own. Haunting vocals and melodies, dynamic drumming, thudding bass lines and soaring keyboards create a classic New Wave vibe.

Download it today from Fiberlineaudio.com - Limited Edition White Vinyl 7" out in March - CD Single with exclusive Dance mixes April 2006 - 8Track in 2010!

I love all this new stuff from The Killers, My Chemical Romance, Stellarstar, The Bravery and now our very own WhiteStar!
jayblaq
Running Up That Hill

Postby Mechi » Sat Feb 18, 2006 8:20 am

Uhhhh.... I like this one. Though I thought that Interpol, Bloc Party and Stellastarr were the new Joy Division (just joking, but really don't think that any of these bands are the new JD.. they may have an influence but JD is JD).

Mercedes
Mechi
Room at the Top

Postby Frau_Blucher » Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:28 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by Mechi[/i]
<br>Uhhhh.... I like this one. Though I thought that Interpol, Bloc Party and Stellastarr were the new Joy Division (just joking, but really don't think that any of these bands are the new JD.. they may have an influence but JD is JD).
[/quote]
You are wise, oh old sage. [:D]
Frau_Blucher
Room at the Top

Postby Mechi » Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:51 am

Yeah.... it's a lesson that we all learn some day. There is no other band like JD... the lyrics and the atmosphere created by the music can't be really reproduced because they carry the reflection of an unique existencial philosophy that was attached to Ian's personality and perspective.

Mercedes
Mechi
Room at the Top

Postby Warzau » Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:37 am

When someone describes a band, or anything else like a previous famous one. I decline to listen to it. If it can't stand on its own individuality then there is no use. I mean come on, If I want to listen to something sounding like JD, I will listen to JD.
Warzau
Personal Jesus

Postby Mechi » Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:34 am

Exactly.... why would you spend time and money listening to bands that remind you of JD? It's easier listening to JD (if you don't get tired of it, which in my case never happens). [:D]

Mercedes
Mechi
Room at the Top

Postby hutter » Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:20 pm

[quote][i]Originally posted by Mechi[/i]
<br>Yeah.... it's a lesson that we all learn some day. There is no other band like JD... the lyrics and the atmosphere created by the music can't be really reproduced because they carry the reflection of an unique existencial philosophy that was attached to Ian's personality and perspective.

Mercedes
[/quote]

I would love to get your take on the musical integrity and philosophy of John Sex. Sis, you F-N kill me.[:D] You give this old new waver faith in the younger generation. "Keep on rockin' in a free-a world!"
hutter
Room at the Top

Postby Mechi » Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:33 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by hutter[/i]
<br>[quote][i]Originally posted by Mechi[/i]
<br>Yeah.... it's a lesson that we all learn some day. There is no other band like JD... the lyrics and the atmosphere created by the music can't be really reproduced because they carry the reflection of an unique existencial philosophy that was attached to Ian's personality and perspective.

Mercedes
[/quote]

I would love to get your take on the musical integrity and philosophy of John Sex. Sis, you F-N kill me.[:D] You give this old new waver faith in the younger generation. "Keep on rockin' in a free-a world!"
[/quote]

Thanks brother.... I've still got lots to learn. [:D]

Mercedes
Mechi
Room at the Top

Return to Next Wave