Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Olimpycs care or don't care

Discussions about the new generations of bands influenced by '80s New Wave and Postpunk

Olimpycs care or don't care

Postby Quite Life » Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:25 pm

I don't see alot of threads for the winter olimpics. Personally I don't care. Is anyone out there in to the winter games?
Quite Life
Room at the Top

Postby Panorama » Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:44 pm

I didn't think I would, but I actually found myself watching quite a lot of it.

I liked the snow boarding a lot -- the half-pipe. And the Snowboard Cross (it's the one with the 4 snowboarders racing at the same time -- sometimes crashing into each other) -- it was kind of like Moto-cross, but on snow boards -- I hate being out in the cold weather (that's why I live in Phoenix), but this sport actually looks like something I might like to try.

Also, I thought the 15km Classical Cross Country Skiing was pretty awesome to see.

Too bad Bode Miller hasen't earned a medal yet -- so long millions of dollars in endorsments (though I believe he already has a bunch of endorsments already).

And how cute is that Sasha Cohen? Too Damn Cute!

---------------------------
"Photography with a Vision"
http://www.cooganphoto.com
Panorama
Room at the Top

Postby Frau_Blucher » Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:33 pm

I care whenever there's something interesting on, ie. NOT curling.

What cracks me up are sports reporters who are bashing the winter olympics as fringe sports and saying how most of these guys are not real athletes. Then on the flip side, they'll endlessly rag on big-time sports stars for being spoiled jerks only in it for the money. What the hell do these hypocrites want - apparently neither small-time sports where the people are in for the personal fulfillment or glory nor big-time sports that have been polluted by money and egos. What's left? Lap-dog big-time sports stars in a ball sport who demure to bullshit loser sports reporters?

I love all kinds of sports. These reporters need to just shut up and report the sport. They're not the stars. Costas is a boring weenie, Berman is an intolerable blowhard, those Morning Pizza jerkoffs are...erm...jerkoffs. Just be sincere and into it like the late great Curt Gowdy and others, and people will spend more time on the passion versus the cynicism. It's like being invited over to dinner and constantly ragging on the meal.

Heh, I'll go back and wake up on the other side of the bed now. [:I]

Oh, and Next Wave rules too! [;)]
Frau_Blucher
Room at the Top

Postby Moparmark » Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:29 pm

Don,t care.Although I have watched a bit of the hockey and now have
to listen to all the god damn whinning about no gold for Canada.
Listen up Canada,other countries are now playing as good as we are
so fucking get over it.
Moparmark
The Jet Set

Postby StormyPetrel » Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:41 pm

It was AWESOME when it (Summer Olympics) was in Atlanta. Now....not so much. [xx(]

Brad Day
Atlanta, GA

-~Obscene dreams in rusty beds.~-
StormyPetrel
Personal Jesus

Postby coop41 » Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:32 pm

When do they start?? [;)]
coop41
Room at the Top

Postby zac808 » Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:35 pm

they over_
zac808