Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Elvis Brothers Wanted

Discuss hard-to-find or out-of-print New Wave and '80s Alternative, and share a few songs along the way.
NOTE: requesting songs that are entirely unrelated to the genres discussed here or easily found on CD is strongly discouraged and posts will be enforced as needed.

Elvis Brothers Wanted

Postby newwavepopman » Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:38 am

If anyone has any copies of their extended 12 inches from their "Movin Up" and "Adventure Time" albums it would be greatly appreciated if someone can post these 12 inches.Looking for in particular the songs Fire In The City,Hidden In A Heartbeat,and whatever else was available as an extended 12 inch by them.Thanks.

newwavepopman
newwavepopman
The Jet Set

Postby unguarded moment » Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:48 am

Are you asking IF they actually exist, or do you know for sure that they do? The reason I ask is I personally have never seen these, and don't know what the reason would be for a pop band like the Elvis Brothers. I like 'em a lot but can't see a 12-inch remix for "Hidden in a Heartbeat." Usually that stuff is left for dance crap.
unguarded moment
Personal Jesus

Postby newwavepopman » Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:06 am

Thanks for asking Lash.The reason for the post was because I know at least one time,years ago I did see a 12 inch for Fire In The City in some used record store,and I'm pretty sure that it was an extended version of the song.
newwavepopman
The Jet Set

Postby coop41 » Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:16 pm

I think I have a 12" of Fire In the City, don't know if it was extended or remix version, I think it just may be an album version.
I'll have to dig it up and check when I get a chance.

I love the Elvis Brothers and just recently found on Soulseek an album called "Not The Be@tles - Fast, Groovy & Traz", pretty cool, didn't know it existed, anyone have any info on it? It says Promo Only
coop41
Room at the Top

Postby SubMassCon » Sun Jan 29, 2006 2:31 pm

[quote][i]Originally posted by coop41[/i]
<br>I think I have a 12" of Fire In the City, don't know if it was extended or remix version, I think it just may be an album version.
I'll have to dig it up and check when I get a chance.

I love the Elvis Brothers and just recently found on Soulseek an album called "Not The Be@tles - Fast, Groovy & Traz", pretty cool, didn't know it existed, anyone have any info on it? It says Promo Only
[/quote]

Not The Be@tles was a cover band that featured Graham and Brad from the Elvis Brothers. They were around 5 or 6 years ago I reckon. Did Beatles and other British invasion tunes. Also in the band was Phil Angotti of a nifty power pop band called The Idea. They were quite good actually. Especially considering it was just a side project done for laughs.
SubMassCon
Take On Me

Postby enzfan » Sun Jan 29, 2006 9:41 pm

Saw them open for Cheaptrick back in the 80's, they were very entertaining.
enzfan
Room at the Top

Postby coop41 » Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:09 pm

Thanks for the info SubMasCon[:)]

newwavepopman: I do have the Fire In The City 12" on Portrait (Promo)but unfortunately, no extended mixes. One side has "Fire In The City", the other has "Here We Go Again".

I saw these guys as well back in the 80's and they were awesome. I have all of their CD's and will post a few soon![:D][:D]
coop41
Room at the Top

Postby SubMassCon » Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:27 pm

As a side note, Brad the drummer went on to form Big Hello. A real fun female fronted band. Think Cheap Trick meets Blondie. Their stuff is definitely worth tracking down.
SubMassCon
Take On Me

Postby coop41 » Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:06 am

Brad Elvis is now actually in a band called The Handcuffs,
www.thehandcuffs.com or www.myspace.com/thehandcuffs for info
coop41
Room at the Top

Return to Obscure 80s Central