Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Bill Sharpe - Famous People share

Discuss hard-to-find or out-of-print New Wave and '80s Alternative, and share a few songs along the way.
NOTE: requesting songs that are entirely unrelated to the genres discussed here or easily found on CD is strongly discouraged and posts will be enforced as needed.

Bill Sharpe - Famous People share

Postby Sundayguy » Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:04 pm

Hey all,

I dig some digging around the web, and since this appears to be out of print I'm posting a link to it:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/z4qawjmatyg/famous people.zip

If I'm mistaken, and this album IS available out there, somewhere, I will gladly remove the link ASAP. [:p]
Sundayguy
The Jet Set

Postby budaniel » Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:02 am

Thanks Sundayguy. Gave it a listen and it's not really my thing. VERY jazzy. Not expected after the Numan track Change Your Mind.
budaniel
Room at the Top

Postby Sundayguy » Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:09 am

Bill Sharpe isn't exactly my cup of tea either.

I've always wondered what brought about the collaboration w/Numan, as their "styles" seem to differ so much.

I can handle the "Automatic" album, mostly because I'm a Numan fan, and he's on it. LOL [;)]
Sundayguy
The Jet Set

Postby Frank_Chickens » Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:49 am

As a big Shak fan, thanks for sharing to it as it going to be interesting to compare it to Shakatak.

--

"A cynic is what a optimist calls a realist"
Frank_Chickens
Room at the Top

Postby Sundayguy » Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:08 pm

You're welcome Frank,

Hopefully you'll enjoy it!
Sundayguy
The Jet Set

Postby Frank_Chickens » Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:06 pm

Do you happen to have the other two tracks that were on the Japanese release, 'Bill's Blues' and 'The Silhouettes'?

--

Frank_Chickens
Room at the Top

Postby Sundayguy » Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:58 pm

Hey Frank,

Silhouettes is on this version, it's Bill's Blues, and Song For Lisa on the Japanese version. I believe this version to be the German, minus the 2 extended tracks at the end.
Don't have Song For Lisa, but will post it, if it turns up.
Sundayguy
The Jet Set

Postby Frank_Chickens » Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:37 am

Thanks for the information and will look forward to the track should they come to light. [:)]

--

Frank_Chickens
Room at the Top

Re: Bill Sharpe - Famous People share

Postby Neil Kelly » Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:34 pm

You're both wrong the Jap version is different in that it has The survivor, Bill's blues & Song for lisa. It's 13 track. UK 12 track which included 2 Extended bonus tracks. 12-2=10. 13-10=3. BTW can someone please share either or both versions again in the best quality available as i missed this and i'm thinking of seeing Bill quite soon, live. So ASAP please and appreciated in advance.
Neil Kelly
The Jet Set

Postby moni » Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:58 pm

I wish a moderator would come on here and delete all that spam crap that's floooding this forum.
moni
Room at the Top

Postby Sundayguy » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:56 pm

Hey Neil,

Dang, you know, it's now years later, and I STILL haven't found a complete Jap copy of Famous People? I have a semi-complete copy, BUT
it's lacking the track "The Survivor" which is about the only track I believe I'm missing, from all the various issues (UK, German, etc)

There are at least a couple versions of the album available for sale on the web, now, so I don't think it can be shared/posted here,
but it would sure be nice if someone could make available the ONE track that's always missing, "The Survivor." I've looked, and at least
my own searches haven't even turned up the track to purchase! The main version for sale seems to be the '85 maybe UK (?) one, with
the alternate track listing, a few tracks left off but extended singles added on.
Sundayguy
The Jet Set

Postby Neil Kelly » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:20 pm

But it's very hard to come by and about £50. Surely someone can share it? It's always been available second hand as released over 30 years ago
Neil Kelly
The Jet Set

Return to Obscure 80s Central