Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

The Police through the years live

Discuss hard-to-find or out-of-print New Wave and '80s Alternative, and share a few songs along the way.
NOTE: requesting songs that are entirely unrelated to the genres discussed here or easily found on CD is strongly discouraged and posts will be enforced as needed.

Re: The Police through the years live

Postby eddie » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:50 pm

paradise theatre, Boston 7 april 1979 fm late show
Last edited by eddie on Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
and the lesson today is do not piss off the people with the rarities
eddie
Take On Me

Postby eddie » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:25 pm

Roxy, San diego 16 may 1979 (pre-fm)

This is a first generation CD from pre FM radio reels
This is from station tapes (logo on them) given out by a station employee in 1998
taken directly from their reel to reel.

SETLIST:
Can't Stand Losing You
Truth Hits Everybody
So Lonely
Fall Out
Born In The 50's
Hole In My Life
Sally
Message In A Bottle
Peanuts
Roxanne
Next To You
Landlord
Can't Stand Losing You #2
Last edited by eddie on Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
eddie
Take On Me

Postby maccafan076 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:00 pm

maccafan076
Personal Jesus

Postby eddie » Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:51 am

berlin 1980 re-upped and now complete
Last edited by eddie on Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
eddie
Take On Me

Postby maccafan076 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:56 pm

Thanks eddie :)
maccafan076
Personal Jesus

Postby eddie » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:48 am

if anyone has say five or six of these Police gigs they can upload:

dusseldorf 8-12-79, werchter 9-8-80, royan 16-8-80, san diego 3-11-80, buenos aires 13-12-80, heidelberg 8-10-81, detroit 30-1-82 jems in flac, LA 8-2-82, kansas 25-3-82, champaign 31-3-82, hartford 13-8-83, Landover 22-8-83, darmstadt 18-9-83, birmingham 8-11-83, denver 22-11-83, st austell 17-12-83,

i'll pm a copy of this that i worked on this afternoon and if by some miracle anyone can up the whole lot of those listed above they can have something extra special from 1981.

The Police
Leeds Queens Hall
Thursday 15th December 1983

The definitive GENUINE version from two sources both first generation cassettes.

"It's nice to be back in Yorkshire"

November 2017 cassette transfers.

First gen sony cassettes>Audacity>track split>Flac

voices inside my head/synchronicity *
synchronicity 2 *
walking in your footsteps *
message in a bottle
walking on the moon
oh my god
de do do do de da da da (brief drop in sound quality)
wrapped around your finger
tea in the sahara
hole in my life
spirits in the material world
invisible sun
one world

king of pain (first twenty seconds patched in from source one to make a complete version)
don't stand so close to me
every breath you take
murder by numbers
roxanne

can't stand losing you/regatta de blanc/ilkley moor
so lonely (intro barely audible on source 2 patched in to complete)

There are two recordings of this show both recorded by people called paul. The first, complete and inferior version has been used for voices/synchronicity/synchronicity2/(and the majority of) walking in your footsteps. The person who recorded this version also recorded Blackpool a few days earlier. I traded tapes with him for many years. This first version can best be described as rough. The second superior recording is incomplete and starts at the very end of walking in your footsteps so the track split to message in a bottle on this upload is slightly early to maximise the use of the superior version. The person who recorded this version was responsible for many bootleg recordings made in the yorkshire area from the 80's and 90's.

On entering the stage sting says "hello leeds, how are united" he does not say "make some noise now" as appears on the partially fake youtube of this gig. Nor does he say "i don't know what this is called" prior to walking in your footsteps he says "it's nice to be back in yorkshire" (hence the title i've given this). The "make some noise" comment and the three songs after that which begin the youtube "version" appears to come from st austell three days later. The second version tape flip is prior to king of pain and so that is where i have split cd one and cd two. From the artwork included it looks like this is the first time the disc split has been in the right place. The opening twenty seconds of king of pain which was missing on the superior second source has been patched in from the inferior source one to complete a whole version. Two versions of so lonely are included. The complete version from source two where the opening few lines are barely audible and a patched version using the intro from source one to make a complete version. This show is presented without a single second of music missing. Next time you see someone claiming to be a 'huge fan' or 'obsessive' ask them if they spent three hours replacing forty seconds of music in a 34 year old recording and joining other bits together.

Artwork for previous incomplete and faked complete versions included.

scans of original cassettes and cards and ticket also included. Those for source one are in original tapers handwriting!
eddie
Take On Me

Previous

Return to Obscure 80s Central