Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results


Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.


If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

My wish/proposal for an ABC boxset Neutron Years 1981-1989

Discuss hard-to-find or out-of-print New Wave and '80s Alternative, and share a few songs along the way.
NOTE: requesting songs that are entirely unrelated to the genres discussed here or easily found on CD is strongly discouraged and posts will be enforced as needed.

Re: My wish/proposal for an ABC boxset Neutron Years 1981-19

Postby maccafan076 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:01 pm

I could see Cherry Red doing a release like this. They have really had some great compilations and expanded versions.
maccafan076
The Jet Set
 
Posts: 650
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:55 pm
Location: USA

Re: My wish/proposal for an ABC boxset Neutron Years 1981-19

Postby moni » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:11 pm

negative1 wrote:
moni wrote:Vinny Vero that's a good one :lol: If you are waiting on him releasing stuff you have will have a very long wait.


I'm glad you can tell us whats going on, in case you didn't notice, a lot of projects are held up.

Are you missing something right now, should we try to hurry everything up just for you.

why don't you work on a project, and get it out, so we can enjoy something, instead of complaining.

There are rumours amongst fans that Cherry Red is doing something next year starting with 2 CD Abracadabra. I doubt Universal would let them release the ABC Neutron back catalogue though.



Wasn't Vinny Vero working on an ABC project a while back? I bet it's the expanded Abracadabra for Cherry Red.


Who said it's a rumor.

Its still being completed. I'm trying to help out with the artwork, and it might be a 4cd project.

It's taking time for the clearances since the tapes are in different places, and due to COVID, it's
hard to get them worked on.

later
-1

You don't half talk pish :D Are you sleeping with Vinny by chance :lol:
moni
Room at the Top
 
Posts: 1334
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:42 am
Location: Scotland

Re: My wish/proposal for an ABC boxset Neutron Years 1981-19

Postby negative1 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:38 am

moni wrote:You don't half talk pish :D Are you sleeping with Vinny by chance :lol:


i don't care what you think, but if you're going to lie, try to make up something people can believe.

i am stating facts.

what do you have, nothing.

keep it up, maybe you'll get banned.

later
-1
negative1
Room at the Top
 
Posts: 1358
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:51 pm
Location: USA

Re: My wish/proposal for an ABC boxset Neutron Years 1981-19

Postby moni » Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:50 am

negative1 wrote:
moni wrote:You don't half talk pish :D Are you sleeping with Vinny by chance :lol:


i don't care what you think, but if you're going to lie, try to make up something people can believe.

i am stating facts.

what do you have, nothing.

keep it up, maybe you'll get banned.

later
-1


In regards to Mr Vero he has constantly stated that stuff he was working on was going to be released case in point was those Wang Chung reissues that were supposed to have been released in October last year long before this virus started so there is a lie for starters. You will also notice he started a project to work on Climie Fisher reissues in July and categorically stated at the time that November is the earliest this project would be released yet with November just a week or so away he has not posted a single update since his original post. So who is lying ? because it certainly isn't me.
moni
Room at the Top
 
Posts: 1334
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:42 am
Location: Scotland

Re: My wish/proposal for an ABC boxset Neutron Years 1981-19

Postby negative1 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:55 am

moni wrote:
negative1 wrote:
moni wrote:You don't half talk pish :D Are you sleeping with Vinny by chance :lol:


i don't care what you think, but if you're going to lie, try to make up something people can believe.

i am stating facts.

what do you have, nothing.

keep it up, maybe you'll get banned.

later
-1


In regards to Mr Vero he has constantly stated that stuff he was working on was going to be released case in point was those Wang Chung reissues that were supposed to have been released in October last year long before this virus started so there is a lie for starters. You will also notice he started a project to work on Climie Fisher reissues in July and categorically stated at the time that November is the earliest this project would be released yet with November just a week or so away he has not posted a single update since his original post. So who is lying ? because it certainly isn't me.


the wang chung releases are coming out next year.

jack hues had a solo release album that came out, so they concentrated on that.

the remasters are coming along, with 3 deluxe editions so far.

just because you don't see an update, don't assume things arent being done behind the scenes.
---------
seriously, why do you just assume things are cancelled or being delayed on purpose.

he is held back by the current events, which you don't care about. maybe you think its fake or a joke.
people can't do their work. and music projects everywhere are being delayed.

i have been in contact with him the whole time, because we are both interested in getting these
projects done, and out to fans.

instead of complaining about them, why do you care. will you even buy them when they come out?

i'm a huge fan, and i have too many things to listen to, so even if there was 10 releases tomorrow i
couldn't hear them.

i'm glad things are taking their time, and being done right.

maybe you like needle drops, and brick walled cd's, there's plenty of those out there.

i prefer things to be comprehensive, and the best quality. and that is worth the wait,
no matter how long it takes. (see the delayed PCL new order boxset, the depeche mode
vinyl boxsets, the ultravox boxset)

later
-1
negative1
Room at the Top
 
Posts: 1358
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:51 pm
Location: USA

Re: My wish/proposal for an ABC boxset Neutron Years 1981-19

Postby moni » Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:49 am

What has a Jack Hues solo album got to do with those reissues being released in October 2019 ? Somebody asked him about 2 years ago when he started this about the masters being lost in that fire to which he replied he had them and they weren't damaged. Anyway i can't be bothered continuing this and if you want facts just go back through his facebook posts for the last two years where he has mislead people.
moni
Room at the Top
 
Posts: 1334
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:42 am
Location: Scotland

Re: My wish/proposal for an ABC boxset Neutron Years 1981-19

Postby humanracer » Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:26 am

Wikipedia says the following about the 2001 best of

(How to Be a) Millionaire" (new edit between first half of single version and second half of album version)

Is that right?
Thirtysomething New Wave fan. I've got that Golden Feeling.
humanracer
The Jet Set
 
Posts: 562
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:19 am
Location: Fife, Scotland

Re: My wish/proposal for an ABC boxset Neutron Years 1981-19

Postby negative1 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:33 am

moni wrote:What has a Jack Hues solo album got to do with those reissues being released in October 2019 ? Somebody asked him about 2 years ago when he started this about the masters being lost in that fire to which he replied he had them and they weren't damaged. Anyway i can't be bothered continuing this and if you want facts just go back through his facebook posts for the last two years where he has mislead people.


thats fine that you don't want to believe it.

there are a lot of legal and technical issues to work through.

you don't need to know all the details.

if it works out, it works out.

later
-1
negative1
Room at the Top
 
Posts: 1358
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:51 pm
Location: USA

Re: My wish/proposal for an ABC boxset Neutron Years 1981-19

Postby magnum » Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:12 am

negative1 wrote:
humanracer wrote:Cool but is there really enough from that period for a 4 CD set?


there are a ton of demos, and in progress versions,
and alternate mixes.

so yes, including all the released mixes too.

later
-1


Interesting if there any demos of Poison arrow,all of my heart,look of love,that was then,etc etc


i do have some stems of when smokey sings that appear to be a different version
magnum
The Jet Set
 
Posts: 501
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:30 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: My wish/proposal for an ABC boxset Neutron Years 1981-19

Postby humanracer » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:19 am

humanracer wrote:Wikipedia says the following about the 2001 best of

(How to Be a) Millionaire" (new edit between first half of single version and second half of album version)

Is that right?


To answer my own question, sounds like the album version to me.
But I note that it's the same user (Sk'py Skwrrrl) who made the edits about the promo version of Zillionaire and the CD single of Ocean Blue.
I have no idea why he came up with this nonsense.
Thirtysomething New Wave fan. I've got that Golden Feeling.
humanracer
The Jet Set
 
Posts: 562
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:19 am
Location: Fife, Scotland

Re: My wish/proposal for an ABC boxset Neutron Years 1981-19

Postby negative1 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:17 am

humanracer wrote:
humanracer wrote:Wikipedia says the following about the 2001 best of

(How to Be a) Millionaire" (new edit between first half of single version and second half of album version)

Is that right?


To answer my own question, sounds like the album version to me.
But I note that it's the same user (Sk'py Skwrrrl) who made the edits about the promo version of Zillionaire and the CD single of Ocean Blue.
I have no idea why he came up with this nonsense.


exactly. i tried to remove it.

but it never worked, and he probably put it back in there.

now there are releases that show up that are real, like the double pack of ocean blue,
i bought a sealed one, but i still don't have it in a pvc plastic sleeve, so there are real
releases for some out there being discovered now.

https://www.discogs.com/ABC-Ocean-Blue- ... e/12881164

later
-1
negative1
Room at the Top
 
Posts: 1358
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:51 pm
Location: USA

Re: My wish/proposal for an ABC boxset Neutron Years 1981-19

Postby humanracer » Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:51 am

Do we know if the 5.21 Pickering Park Real Thing is the full version of the 4.01?

https://www.discogs.com/ABC-The-Real-Th ... se/3086148
Thirtysomething New Wave fan. I've got that Golden Feeling.
humanracer
The Jet Set
 
Posts: 562
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:19 am
Location: Fife, Scotland

Re: My wish/proposal for an ABC boxset Neutron Years 1981-19

Postby maccafan076 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:27 pm

magnum wrote:
negative1 wrote:
humanracer wrote:Cool but is there really enough from that period for a 4 CD set?


there are a ton of demos, and in progress versions,
and alternate mixes.

so yes, including all the released mixes too.

later
-1


Interesting if there any demos of Poison arrow,all of my heart,look of love,that was then,etc etc


i do have some stems of when smokey sings that appear to be a different version


I didn't know there were any stems out there for that track. Can you share that if you get a chance please?
maccafan076
The Jet Set
 
Posts: 650
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:55 pm
Location: USA

Previous

Return to Obscure 80s Central

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests