Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Opins? Private Forum for Postings?

Discuss hard-to-find or out-of-print New Wave and '80s Alternative, and share a few songs along the way.
NOTE: requesting songs that are entirely unrelated to the genres discussed here or easily found on CD is strongly discouraged and posts will be enforced as needed.

Postby n/a13 » Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:47 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by hntsgt[/i]
<br>YouSendIt.com just posted that they are going out of business all of a sudden. I wonder why?!? Something about a sudden drop of usage.... go figure. [;)]
[/quote]

I think the post says "We have no more bandwidth, please see hntsgt in regards."
n/a13
Personal Jesus

Postby rotator » Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:42 am

http://www.mytempdir.com

works just dandy

------------------------------------------------
Check out some of my rock posters....

http://www.gigposters.com/designers.php?designer=47494
rotator
Room at the Top

Postby Spit » Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:18 pm

Blir , I understand and agree with a lot of what you said about posting music and all , but what now ? The Obscure80's forum seems dead since this post of yours .
Spit
Room at the Top

Postby Frank_Chickens » Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:23 am

At the end of the day it has to be remembered that this is a private forum which Mike has kindly allowed us to use so any negative activity would fall on his head.

As for British's "published and be damned" attitude, that certainly worked very well for Torchomatic etc. didn't it? [xx(]

I agree with MikeP in preferring to see vinly material remastered on CD as that will be the only way of seeing a lot of bands that I like on this medium. However, if it is available on CD then I would be veer towards the side of caution; sure, it may take a while to find and cost a few sponds to purchase, but it makes things feel more special.
And with the BPI/RIAA on the witchunt we just need to keep things quiet for a short while.

It's well-known that my taste in 80s does tend to veer towards the forgotten just a LITTLE bit,[:D] and I will carry on making available all these forgotten gems, but if that causes any ripples then it will be stopped.

--

"As chairman of the Cradle of Filth fanclub I'm the most insensitive man in Britain, but even I can see there's tension there"
Frank_Chickens
Room at the Top

Postby Frau_Blucher » Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:17 am

What Frank said. MikeP had his say. Now the forum will take its own course. But just for perspective, there's 36 pages of posts to this forum since the beginning of the NWO - 20 of those pages are from the last 3 months. There isn't a "norm"...it'll be what it'll be. I found plenty of great stuff before the Great Orgy...I'm sure there'll be plenty of stuff after it. Or it might escalate into Orgy II, who knows.
Frau_Blucher
Room at the Top

Postby Spit » Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:41 am

Orgy II , Now your talkin'!! [:D]
Spit
Room at the Top

Postby Plastik44 » Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:28 am

Nothing to say 'gainst a good orgy. If only next day's headache wouldn't be so terrible...[:D]But like Edith Piaf sang: Je ne regret rien.
Plastik
Plastik44
Personal Jesus

Postby amplifyyourheart » Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:38 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by Plastik44[/i]
<br>Nothing to say 'gainst a good orgy. If only next day's headache wouldn't be so terrible...[:D]But like Edith Piaf sang: Je ne regret rien.
Plastik
[/quote]

Well, sweetie, go easy on the poppers!

Amp

Never become what you used to mock.
amplifyyourheart
Take On Me

Postby amplifyyourheart » Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:40 am

<br>Nothing to say 'gainst a good orgy. If only next day's headache wouldn't be so terrible...[:D]But like Edith Piaf sang: Je ne regret rien.
Plastik
[/quote]

Well dear, go easier on the bloody poppers![:D]

amp

Never become what you used to mock.
amplifyyourheart
Take On Me

Postby fanciz » Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:18 am

Plastik
[/quote]

Actually she said:
Non! Rien de rien ...Non ! Je ne regrette rien

Plastik U are murdering the French language, I'm going to report U to The French Academy![:D][:D][:D]
fanciz
The Jet Set

Postby pretzelbag » Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:44 am

I'm happy to share music in whatever way the group feels appropriate: hub, mytempdir, yousendit, Soulseek, etc. I share on those P2P sites regularly.

But what I wish hadn't happened through the editing/deletion of the posts on this and the Compilations forum was the removal of the artist and song names. Because of this, I have no idea what was even shared.

Cleverblue and SynthPopFan, for example, have posted some great mixes for sharing, but I missed a few of their posts, and now I can't even see what they chose to tell us about. We can debate the sharing of MP3 files, but the sharing of information is why we are all here.

I hope I'm not asking too much, but if you choose to remove links in a post, can you at least keep the song names and artist there so I can know what I have missed?

I've discovered so much new-to-me music through this forum that I'd hate to not even know what other people think is interesting!

I have saved many of Mario's (mskremember) posts and will try to upload the list of songs he posted -- they were fantastic, and hopefully can be used by others to discover new music like I did.

-pretzelbag.
pretzelbag
Take On Me

Postby Plastik44 » Fri Feb 10, 2006 6:17 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by fanciz[/i]
<br>[quote][i]Originally posted by Plastik44[/i]
Plastik
[/quote]

Actually she said:
Non! Rien de rien ...Non ! Je ne regrette rien

Plastik U are murdering the French language, I'm going to report U to The French Academy![:D][:D][:D]

[/quote]

Never been too much of a Frenchmen, really.[:I] But you know what I meant.
Plastik
Plastik44
Personal Jesus

Postby Plastik44 » Fri Feb 10, 2006 6:25 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by pretzelbag[/i]
<br>I hope I'm not asking too much, but if you choose to remove links in a post, can you at least keep the song names and artist there so I can know what I have missed?

I've discovered so much new-to-me music through this forum that I'd hate to not even know what other people think is interesting!
[/quote]

I agree. If the post seems too suspicious one could try to alter it into a mere-info post. Unfortunately, some people have left long lists of Thank Yous (which I can understand, looking back at all the awesome posts of the last months) so that changing these posts is not much use, anyway.
Plastik
Plastik44
Personal Jesus

Previous

Return to Obscure 80s Central