Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

A Large Request

Discuss hard-to-find or out-of-print New Wave and '80s Alternative, and share a few songs along the way.
NOTE: requesting songs that are entirely unrelated to the genres discussed here or easily found on CD is strongly discouraged and posts will be enforced as needed.

A Large Request

Postby play dead » Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:42 am

All About Eve : "Don't Follow Me (March Hare)"

Bauhaus: "Spirit In The Sky" --- I have a very low sound quality version of this in MP3 format.

Carnivore: "Cry Wolf"

Damian: "The Time Warp (7" version)"

FALLOUT: "Batteries Not Included," "Rock Hard"

Hooverphonic: "This Strange Effect"

J. Geil's Band: "Fright Night"

Mark Isham: The Hitcher soundtrack

Michael Hoenig: The Blob Soundtrack (1988)

Necropolis of Love: "Done and Gone," "Talk"

Red Lorry Yellow Lorry: "Conscious Decision" --- I have a low quality MP3 of this song too.

RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD: "Trioxin Theme" by Matt Clifford/Francis Haines/Robert Randles

Shriekback: "Accretions (US mix)"

Sons Of Heroes: "Love Insight"

Space Monkey: "Come With Me"

Sparks: "Change"

Shirley Bassey: "Moonraker --disco remix"

Skeletal Family: "Black JuJu," "Hands On The Clock," "Just A Minute," "The Night," "Trees," "What Happened?"
I know 2 of those songs are available on CD... but the rest are out of print and all of the Skeletal Family albums are next to impossible to find, unless they're terribly expensive.

Soundgarden: "Toy Box"
I'm almost certain that this song was never actually released on to CD. It was available on the now deleted "Flower Single" in 1988.

Stefano Mainetti: "Zombi 3 [Seq 1]," "Zombi 3 [Seq 2]," and "Zombi 3 [Seq 3]"

Toadies: "Santacide"

Trees: "Come Back, Delta Sleep, Red Car, Wildwood"

Under Two flags: "Masks," "Early Sunday Morning," "Down Inside"
play dead
Personal Jesus

Postby WaverBoy » Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:02 am

Ask, and ye shall receive...

Space Monkey - Come With Me
http://s15.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0TIP ... 3I8OMU2BI6

Return Of The Living Dead Trioxin Theme
http://s15.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2LX4 ... PVLR3TZCKM

Unfortunately the only version I have is ripped from the film, (hopefully the laserdisc and not the VHS--the mp3 was encoded before the DVD came out), so it starts out with the bit of hilarious dialogue just before. If anyone has a better copy, please post it! Regrettably, this theme wasn't on the official soundtrack. It really should be remastered with ALL the music from the film.

J. Geils Band - Fright Night
http://s15.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=338Q ... C99IBASDA2

A great song. I had the soundtrack on tape, which disintegrated long ago. I think there was a CD release, but it's probably been out of print for well over a decade. Other goodies from this soundtrack include Armies Of The Night by Sparks, and Let's Talk by Devo. I don't think those ever turned up on any album or other CD release. If anyone wants the latter two tracks, just ask! Let's Talk is my fave Devo song, by the way.
WaverBoy
Take On Me

Postby play dead » Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:13 am

Thank for the song, WaverBoy.

The only CD release I know of was from about 4 years ago and it was a 150 limited edition pressing. It also featured the original score by Brad Fiedel. Each track was wonderfully remastered.
play dead
Personal Jesus

Postby WaverBoy » Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:14 am

Wow, I didn't know it was a deluxe job...unfortunately, I don't think my MP3s came from that remastered CD. :(

Who put out this extremely limited release, and why was it so bloody limited?
WaverBoy
Take On Me

Postby play dead » Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:15 am

Seems you added "Trioxin Part One" theme while I was typing my last reply. Thank you for the track. Hopefully... that soundtrack will be reissued one day. I have the original soundtrack CD.
play dead
Personal Jesus

Postby play dead » Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:17 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by WaverBoy[/i]
<br>Wow, I didn't know it was a deluxe job...unfortunately, I don't think my MP3s came from that remastered CD. :(

Who put out this extremely limited release, and why was it so bloody limited?
[/quote]

I'll check that out now.

Do you just happen to have the longer version of "Trioxin" as well? Just curious... I'm not trying to sound greedy.
play dead
Personal Jesus

Postby WaverBoy » Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:30 am

And I also added the Space Monkey song. :)

No, I don't have the longer version of Trioxin...it's been awhile since I watched the film; in which scene does it occur?
WaverBoy
Take On Me

Postby play dead » Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:32 am

It's when they start burning body parts in the crematorium and the Trioxin fumes float to the sky, then it starts to rain on naked Linnea Quigley.

P.S. Thanks for the Space Monkey song.
play dead
Personal Jesus

Return to Obscure 80s Central