Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Fiat Lux request

Discuss hard-to-find or out-of-print New Wave and '80s Alternative, and share a few songs along the way.
NOTE: requesting songs that are entirely unrelated to the genres discussed here or easily found on CD is strongly discouraged and posts will be enforced as needed.

Fiat Lux request

Postby Rissan » Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:45 am

I searching for several tracks of Fiat Lux, all studio versions, hopefully someone can help me with sqrinking the following list:

(Untitled)
All I Said Is True
Calling On Angels
Crazy House
Diary
Hold Me While You Can
House Of Thorns 7" version
I'm Sure She Will
In The Heat Of The Night
I Will Never Make You Lonely
No More Proud
Private Parties
Propaganda
Rebound
Secrets 12" version
Sally Free And Easy
Sleepless Nightmare
This Sporting Life
'Tighter'
Rissan
The Jet Set

Postby Plastik44 » Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:26 am

[quote]Originally posted by Rissan
[br]I searching for several tracks of Fiat Lux, all studio versions, hopefully someone can help me with sqrinking the following list:

(Untitled)
All I Said Is True
Calling On Angels
Crazy House
Diary
Hold Me While You Can
House Of Thorns 7" version
I'm Sure She Will
In The Heat Of The Night
I Will Never Make You Lonely
No More Proud
Private Parties
Propaganda
Rebound
Secrets 12" version
Sally Free And Easy
Sleepless Nightmare
This Sporting Life
'Tighter'
[/quote]

Did you get these from the HiredHistory page ? Actually, I wonder if all these songs exist. I mailed with Dave (who runs the site) a while ago with nearly the same list in mind but he wasn't able to confirm that all of those songs really exist, not to mention on record or tape. I think some of them could be working titles for tracks that later got a different title or they were never recorded, just intended. I've never seen anything turn up in any auction, either.
House of Thorns 7" is easy to get at eBay. No More Proud is the B-Side of Solitary Lovers - also readily available- Sleepless nightmare and Secrets are on the mini album and (look at ebay, musicstack...).
Sally Free and Easy is a B-side track of the House of Thorns 12".
Hope that helped.
Plastik44
Personal Jesus

Postby Rissan » Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:18 am

Yes I got them from the Hired History page.
Rissan
The Jet Set

Postby kopite » Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:46 am

Hi all, Dave S from hiredhistory.co.uk here.

I've recently updated the site with an A-Z songlist which includes brief info on each song (including which were working titles ie Diary was the working title for Secrets). I've included track times where I know songs/versions definately exist based on info supplied to me. I've gleamed some of the song background info from the band diary, whether the master tapes exist in Polydor's vaults after all these years is open to debate.

(Untitled) - unreleased

All I Said Is True - unreleased

Calling On Angels - I know a demo version of this was recorded by Steve & Ian after Dave had left the band. The only version that will have had any sort of audience would have been the one recorded for a Janice Long Radio Session from 1985.

Crazy House - original working title for Sleepless Nightmare

Diary - original working title for Secrets

Hold Me While You Can - unreleased, does exist

House Of Thorns 7" version - as stated above, standard 7" release

I'm Sure She Will - only version I know of is from the above Janice Long session

In The Heat Of The Night - unreleased, does exist

I Will Never Make You Lonely - unreleased

No More Proud - b-side of UK Solitary Lovers 7" & 12", 5 versions, 2 unreleased

Private Parties - unreleased

Propaganda - unreleased

Rebound - the third of the songs recorded for the Janice Long session

Secrets 12" version - although released on 7" and 12", it's still the standard 7" version

Sally Free And Easy - only cover version I know they did, extra track on b-side of House Of Thorns 12"

Sleepless Nightmare - b-side to Blue Emotion, 2 versions exist, 7" and 12"

This Sporting Life - unreleased

'Tighter' - unreleased

I hope this helps. I've been getting a steady flow of e-mails asking if any Fiat Lux stuff was ever released on CD - alas no. I think it's time I raised a petition and lobby Polydor for a CD release. What does everyone else think?

Cheers,

Dave S
www.hiredhistory.co.uk
kopite
Switchin' to Glide

Postby Rissan » Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:34 pm

Sure love the initiative Dave. I mailed you a couple of weeks ago asking if we could start something like that.

I know that itcan work out well, look for the EMI remasters of the Ultravox albums or the release of Love Is The Law and Warrior Rock of Toyah. There are probably more bands which got re-released on CD due to Fan petitions.

I hope it work out well.
Rissan
The Jet Set

Postby Plastik44 » Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:28 pm

I'm definetely for it! If they'll need someone to do the covers, Inlay etc. I'd apply for the job. I'm experienced in layouting and would consider it an honour.
I hope Polydor responds appropriately and releases all their material as a double CD. It's about time...
Plastik
Plastik44
Personal Jesus

Postby Rissan » Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:32 pm

Otherwise maybe Superfecta is willing to the release it on CD. They did some good jobs with A Flock of Seagulls and THe Thompson Twins
Rissan
The Jet Set

Return to Obscure 80s Central