Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Errors

Discuss hard-to-find or out-of-print New Wave and '80s Alternative, and share a few songs along the way.
NOTE: requesting songs that are entirely unrelated to the genres discussed here or easily found on CD is strongly discouraged and posts will be enforced as needed.

Errors

Postby skinnytie » Tue Jun 22, 2004 12:32 pm

Is anyone having problems with Soulseek? Does it seem to slow down your computer, or show errors when loading the program? What's the best way to fix or prevent this stuff from happening?
skinnytie
The Jet Set

Postby 1981baby » Tue Jun 22, 2004 3:04 pm

what is your connection speed? sometimes people with cable connections because of their fast connections are used as search nodes which will slow you down. cure for that is changing your screen name. what do you mean by show errors when loading the progra
1981baby
Personal Jesus

Postby skinnytie » Wed Jun 23, 2004 12:39 pm

Thanks for the info, 1981baby, I'll check out that forum. Incidentally, which "rare full" albums are you looking for (it's such a vague term sometimes)? Let me know, I'll see if they're in the archives somewhere.
skinnytie
The Jet Set

Postby 1981baby » Wed Jun 23, 2004 1:43 pm

the forum is here: http://slskboard.savagenews.com/index.p ... howforum=3

or you can click the web tab on the program itself and go into the forum. i'll mail you my wants list once i edit it. thanks.
1981baby
Personal Jesus

Postby skinnytie » Thu Jun 24, 2004 10:58 am

Cool, I'll be on the lookout for it. I really should make an inventory listing of what I have, might make an interesting weekend project. [:)]
skinnytie
The Jet Set

Postby British » Sun Jun 27, 2004 8:04 am

I'm on slsk all the time. I am apparently the #1 distribution spot for Josie Cotton's and Killer Pussy's MP3s.

Problems I ran into:

1. being perpetually cued with no d/l in sight
2. Transfers that always "fail"
3. files that perpatually are initia
British
Room at the Top

Postby skinnytie » Sun Jun 27, 2004 2:02 pm

British, would you possibly have "Do the Blackout" by Josie Cotton? I've been looking for that one.
skinnytie
The Jet Set

Postby British » Mon Jun 28, 2004 12:51 am

As a matter of fact, I do! Thanks to Ollie Stench for ripping it for me, it has now achieved digital immortality.

sadly I lost numerous MP3s from her 1990s album "frightened by Nightingales". msg me on Soulseek(obscure80s) and I'll add you to my list.
British
Room at the Top

Postby skinnytie » Mon Jun 28, 2004 10:20 am

I always thought of the Haysi Fantayzee album as "charmingly bad" myself. [:)]
skinnytie
The Jet Set

Postby thefxc » Tue Jun 29, 2004 4:52 am

The Trouser Press guide calls the Haysi Fantayzee record "one of the most intentionally annoying records of all time." That's about right, but "Shiny Shiny" is gold.

I don't think I've listened to the Planet P project beyond "Why Me."
thefxc
Personal Jesus

Return to Obscure 80s Central