Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Joy Division

Discuss hard-to-find or out-of-print New Wave and '80s Alternative, and share a few songs along the way.
NOTE: requesting songs that are entirely unrelated to the genres discussed here or easily found on CD is strongly discouraged and posts will be enforced as needed.

Joy Division

Postby mirasa70 » Tue Apr 08, 2003 3:08 pm

Looking for Joy Division on VHS, and the rare purple box
casette of the album "Closer". Also any 80's new wave music
videos.

"can never, and will never
get away from new wave"
mirasa70
Running Up That Hill

Postby MikeP » Fri Apr 18, 2003 2:57 am

Hi,

I don't have any particular Joy Division rarities (a friend of mine had a Joy Division video ... don't know if he still has it), but I've got tons of music videos archived on Super VHS. I'm hoping to start archiving my favorites onto recordable DVD
MikeP
President Am I

Postby Alvy » Fri Apr 25, 2003 3:11 pm

I have Unknown Pleasures in this version you are talking about:

Purple box, FAC 10c
2 Postcards inside, one with song list, and one with the Unknown Pleasures EEG graph, silver on white card stock.

I have never seen the Closer one, though.
Alvy
Switchin' to Glide

Postby stillcool » Tue Apr 29, 2003 5:58 am

I have over 200 new wave, new romantic and indie videos very many taped off TV. Only problem I can see is I'm british and we in England play and record PAL videos. I can play NTSC but cannot record. If you think we can work something out send a list of
stillcool
Switchin' to Glide

Postby Jay242 » Tue Apr 29, 2003 6:13 am

If you want to see a good mockumentary featuring Joy Division and other Factory Records artists, check out 24 hr Party People.
Jay242
Take On Me

Return to Obscure 80s Central