Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Uploaded many Wave era mp3s to Kazaa

Discuss hard-to-find or out-of-print New Wave and '80s Alternative, and share a few songs along the way.
NOTE: requesting songs that are entirely unrelated to the genres discussed here or easily found on CD is strongly discouraged and posts will be enforced as needed.

Uploaded many Wave era mp3s to Kazaa

Postby swash » Sun Sep 07, 2003 12:06 pm

I have in the past week uploaded many rare music files to Kazaa Lite ...Let's Active entire catalogue ... David Sylvian... Wall Of Voodoo including "Dark Continent"... Three O' Clock's entire catalogue... Wire Train.... New Order.. Joy Division.. Bauhaus... Specials... Fun Boy Three... Plimsouls... Lucy Show.. Cocteau Twins.. Harold Budd... Jon Hassell.. Brian Eno... Yukihiro Takahashi... Japan... Opal... Ruts... Cure... Shelleyan Orphan... dB's... Boo Trundle... Wondermints.. romeo void... red rockers... kraftwerk.. mazzy star.. charlatans uk.. uncle tupelo,... X... Stranglers.. Chameleons..Mark Burgess and the Son's of God... The Sun and the Moon....The Church....Lucy Show...Echo & The Bunnymen.......Feel Free to Download From Me!!!!! Swash

Edited by - swash on 09/08/2003 13:52:20
swash
Switchin' to Glide

Postby British » Mon Sep 08, 2003 12:34 am

Darn, and i just recently uninstalled Kazaa Lite in favor of WinMX, and then to SoulSeek. YOu on soulseek by chance as well? Love to delve into the Three O'Clock's catalog.

Mind you, SoulSeek is currently down for DNS reasons.
British
Room at the Top

Postby Ron Henderson » Mon Sep 08, 2003 1:34 am

Thanks for making this stuff available. I tried to find some this material on Kazaa but was unable. Due to the nature of Kazaa's "supernode" search system (your search does not search all computers on the network, just some that are connected to your "s
Ron Henderson
Running Up That Hill

Postby 1981baby » Mon Sep 08, 2003 9:30 am

soulseek is back online. i'm considering starting a new wave chatroom on there. it's the best place to find good and rare stuff and this way we can all have access to each others stuff and recommend stuff people haven't heard of that's good like nervous g
1981baby
Personal Jesus

Postby siouxmoux » Mon Sep 08, 2003 6:01 pm

Mark Sure to Install PeerGuardian to Prevent the Evil RIAA from spying into your share file folder and suing you up chit creek

http://tv200.homestead.com
siouxmoux
Personal Jesus

Postby boogieboy » Tue Sep 23, 2003 5:15 am

I am intrested, is the RIAA going after people that are sharing ONLY rare out of print songs, or are they leaving us alone? Just wondering becouse I am only intrested in file sharing for out of print songs.
boogieboy
Running Up That Hill

Postby MikeP » Tue Sep 23, 2003 6:42 am

Boogieboy,

I think you're mostly safe if it's out of print, but there are no guarantees. I feature only out of print music from vinyl (or CD in very rare instances) on my Song of the Week, and they haven't come knocking yet.

I'd be interested to hea
MikeP
President Am I

Postby newwavr176209 » Wed Sep 24, 2003 9:54 pm

Are you on high speed internet? At the corp here we have OC3 and that is 3rd in speed:
1st: Fiber Optic (12mbs/user) ???total
2nd: DS3 (~7mbs/user) ???total
3rd: OC3 (7mbs/user) 5GB total
(DS3 is NOT DSL)

If these are incorrect feel free to let me
newwavr176209
Take On Me

Return to Obscure 80s Central