Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

New Wave/ Romantic/ Synthpop wantlist

Discuss hard-to-find or out-of-print New Wave and '80s Alternative, and share a few songs along the way.
NOTE: requesting songs that are entirely unrelated to the genres discussed here or easily found on CD is strongly discouraged and posts will be enforced as needed.

Postby 1981baby » Wed Jul 21, 2004 4:26 pm

i misread your post randy i have both of those payola$ albums you mentioned. glen send an email to psycloneranger04@yahoo. whatever you sent never arrived if you sent it through my profile. i got the charlie sexton album pictures for pleasure but i'd like to see those "other possibilities".
1981baby
Personal Jesus

Postby kurtluchs » Thu Feb 03, 2005 11:27 am

Your want list names a Luchs Brothers release called No Nukes Is Good Nukes. I think you're referring to a compilation album by that title released by the Prairie Sun and Co-op Records somewhere around 1979 or 1980. The Luchs Brothers had one cut on that album, a spoen word comedy track if I remember rightly. Unfortunately, though I am a Luchs Brother, I don't have a copy of that vinyl-only release, I don't know anyone who does, nor do I even have a copy of the track itself. However, I do have a bunch of other rare Luchs Brothers material. Feel free to email me: kurtluchs@aol.com
kurtluchs
Running Up That Hill

Postby dead_irony@yahoo.com » Sat Feb 05, 2005 1:21 am

Hi there!
I've got Jane Wiedlin "Tangled"

I'd be more than happy to trade it for King "Steps in Time."

Email me at dead_irony@yahoo.com. I can get it in the mail for you asap.

--Juliet
dead_irony@yahoo.com
Personal Jesus

Postby nibbo9 » Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:40 am

1981baby

I have most of the Skids stuff and the tracks that comprise of The Flys Bunch of Fives but will need to convert all to mp3. I'm keen to find the Bram Tchaikovsky stuff, have 2 singles but thats all.

nibbo9
nibbo9
Running Up That Hill

Postby jim basnight » Mon Oct 24, 2005 6:41 pm

I have all of the Moberlys stuff. Please go to www.jimbasnight.com and scroll down to Precedent Records Offer.

jim basnight
jim basnight
Running Up That Hill

Postby Borneojimy » Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:00 am

I've got several of the things you're looking for, I'll email a list when I get home.
Borneojimy
The Jet Set

Postby play dead » Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:24 am

I can email "Der Kommissar" by After The Fire to you on Friday.
play dead
Personal Jesus

Postby Mathman » Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:45 am

Math and music
Mathman
Personal Jesus

Previous

Return to Obscure 80s Central