Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Help! Need O-Positive

Discuss hard-to-find or out-of-print New Wave and '80s Alternative, and share a few songs along the way.
NOTE: requesting songs that are entirely unrelated to the genres discussed here or easily found on CD is strongly discouraged and posts will be enforced as needed.

Help! Need O-Positive

Postby SwampThing » Sat Feb 21, 2004 4:49 am

Any fans of a group called O-Positive. I think they were a Boston area college rock band in the late 80's. I have a copy of their independent release called "Only Breathing/Cloud Factory" on CD. I hadn't listened to it in probably 10 years, so I pulled it out and the CD media degraded so bad it wouldn't play. Has anyone else seen this happen to CD's that were manufactured in the 80's?

I bought another copy of EBay recently and it has the exact same problem. I tried it on no less than 6 different CD players.

I'd like to get a CD-R copy if anyone has a working copy of the CD.

Thanks.
SwampThing
Room at the Top

Postby zaxxon25 » Tue Mar 16, 2004 10:20 pm

I have Only Breathing on vinyl, might have Cloud Factory as well. Will take a look. I could always dump them down to CD for you ...
zaxxon25
Running Up That Hill

Postby SwampThing » Wed Mar 17, 2004 3:20 pm

Thanks for the offer. I have a few of the songs as MP3's. I'd really like to get a copy of the original CD.
SwampThing
Room at the Top

Postby 1981baby » Thu Mar 18, 2004 1:04 pm

http://rateyourmusic.com/view_albums/artist_id_is_16660

at this link there are links to 4 reviews, 2 for their albums and 2 for the ep's you are talking. if you register for an account you'll be able to email the guy and ask if he'd be willing to sell
1981baby
Personal Jesus

Return to Obscure 80s Central