Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

REQ: "Electric Dreams" / Extra Track---1984

Discuss hard-to-find or out-of-print New Wave and '80s Alternative, and share a few songs along the way.
NOTE: requesting songs that are entirely unrelated to the genres discussed here or easily found on CD is strongly discouraged and posts will be enforced as needed.

REQ: "Electric Dreams" / Extra Track---1984

Postby VKRSblameVTR » Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:00 am

I'm not so interested in the current available soundtrack, but I am in search for "Mad Minuet" by Bruce Woolley based on a melody by Johann Sebastian Bach. Whoever has this recording and can post it is a better man than I. I will probably buy this Corny movie and abstract the song- but I thought I would see if anyone has it out there already.
VKRSblameVTR
Take On Me

Postby VKRSblameVTR » Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:28 am

Wow, responding to my own blog- what a loser! I watched the movie and I would guess that it is the pager music(beeps) during the concert scene? Can anyone direct me or confirm? I was going by the chronological order of the credits.
VKRSblameVTR
Take On Me

Postby Los Palmas 7 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:00 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by VKRSblameVTR[/i]
<br>Wow, responding to my own blog- what a loser! I watched the movie and I would guess that it is the pager music(beeps) during the concert scene? Can anyone direct me or confirm? I was going by the chronological order of the credits.
[/quote]

There is a site that comes up in a Google search for "Bruce Woolley" "Mad Minuet" that lists the song as 2:39, so a full recording of it seems to exist out there. As the site is a torrent site, it might not be okay for me to post the link here.

As I'm sure you already know, there are no listings for it connected with any album, and allmusic turns up nothing at all for "Mad Minuet."

Now you have ME curious about the song as well! [:)]
Los Palmas 7
Switchin' to Glide

Postby VKRSblameVTR » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:42 am

I figured it out. It just took a little bit of research. "Minuet" is a composition by Bach. I listened to it and then knew where to find Bruce Woolley's version in "Electric Dreams". The scene where the lead actress is practicing the minuet on her cello. Through the heater vent of the complex she could hear the computer playing the same song with, I believe, a synthesizer that was Bruce Woolley's work, and his version is titled "Mad Minuet".
VKRSblameVTR
Take On Me

Re: REQ:

Postby futrmusic » Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:03 am

I'd say it's the piece of music score behind the first time Edgar comes to learn how to speak and wakes up Miles. I would also like the track without dialog and to last 15min :)
futrmusic
Running Up That Hill

Re: REQ:

Postby Jwd000 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:50 am

+ 1 for that background track where Edgar first learns to speak. It's also used at the end when he tell Miles he's learned what love is and has ordered 40000 volts. Any ideas what this is called or who it's by?
Jwd000
Running Up That Hill

Return to Obscure 80s Central