Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results


Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.


If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Share: Fiction Factory - Another Story WAV.

Discuss hard-to-find or out-of-print New Wave and '80s Alternative, and share a few songs along the way.
NOTE: requesting songs that are entirely unrelated to the genres discussed here or easily found on CD is strongly discouraged and posts will be enforced as needed.

Share: Fiction Factory - Another Story WAV.

Postby telekon3 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:08 pm

I saw this on another thread and thought I would post it.

Please don't post comments about "can you post it in 320k MP3"

I know I've bitched & moaned before about the level of conduct in this forum and/or the internet in general, but the sad reality is that there are several people in this forum that have been collecting music for years and love to post/share but are tired of people's complaining about bit-rate or format or not saying "thanks" or endless requests and demands. The level of entitlement in society is pandemic. Just be polite and patient and all of your needs will eventually be met. In the meantime, use that downtime to help fulfill someone else's needs. You might find in an encompassing way, everyone's needs will be met.

Part One
https://www.sendspace.com/file/bavyy6

Part Two
https://www.sendspace.com/file/vetzrf

Cover Art
https://www.sendspace.com/file/xfz924

CueTools to make bin. & cue file or FLAC or?
https://www.sendspace.com/file/kpqif4
telekon3
Take On Me
 
Posts: 175
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:29 am
Location: United States

Re: Share: Fiction Factory - Another Story WAV.

Postby NewWave&More » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:14 pm

telekon3 ,

I Agree!! The way I look at it if people demand it (a rip or album or remix) in a certain format then if it can be done, great!! If not, then oh well at least you have some version until another one comes the persons way (in the format desired). Worse case scenario is download a converter and convert it to the format of your choosing.

I've requested stuff and if someone provides or shares great, if not then the hunt still continues or until I can find and purchase the physical copy.

Thank You for this another one forgotten, and now found !!
NewWave&More
Take On Me
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:47 pm

Re: Share: Fiction Factory - Another Story WAV.

Postby Bellenger1981 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:06 pm

Awesome! Thank you!
Bellenger1981
Personal Jesus
 
Posts: 411
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:53 am
Location: USA

Re: Share: Fiction Factory - Another Story WAV.

Postby elviscaprice » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:47 pm

telekon3 wrote:
Please don't post comments about "can you post it in 320k MP3"

I know I've bitched & moaned before about the level of conduct in this forum and/or the internet in general, but the sad reality is that there are several people in this forum that have been collecting music for years and love to post/share but are tired of people's complaining about bit-rate or format or not saying "thanks" or endless requests and demands. The level of entitlement in society is pandemic. Just be polite and patient and all of your needs will eventually be met. In the meantime, use that downtime to help fulfill someone else's needs. You might find in an encompassing way, everyone's needs will be met.


To post a comment for MP3's (Lossy) is just plain silly when a Loseless file is given. If you can't compress it yourself, then you need to take a short lesson on how to do so and with what software. Google it.
Myself, I don't bitch and moan anymore about others lossy shares. I just ignore them, each to their own. Plenty of folks are happy with lossy, who am I to rain on their parade. But if they say something concerning lossy being the better format for storage/listening, I will let them know my opinion otherwise very quickly. Unfortunately there are only a few that share consistently high level lossless audio and often most needs are never met. But when you get just one need met it's all good. Really, if it was so important, one can just find a hard copy source and do your own lossless rip, which is what I do more often than not

8) Elvis.
User avatar
elviscaprice
Personal Jesus
 
Posts: 411
Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 10:18 am
Location: Costa Rica

Re: Share: Fiction Factory - Another Story WAV.

Postby Rissan » Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:23 am

I completely agree. Be glad somebody is willing to share the music with you.
BTW thanks a lot telekon3. Much appreciated.
User avatar
Rissan
Personal Jesus
 
Posts: 343
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2004 5:54 pm
Location: Netherlands

Re: Share: Fiction Factory - Another Story WAV.

Postby peterpyser » Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:38 pm

Sadly, it seems i've come late to the party, as the links are gone.
Can some kind soul please reupload them?

Many thanks in advance.
peterpyser
Running Up That Hill
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:15 am

Re: Share: Fiction Factory - Another Story WAV.

Postby peterpyser » Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:46 am

Is there anyone kind enough to share this album again in wav?
Many thanks
peterpyser
Running Up That Hill
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:15 am

Re: Share: Fiction Factory - Another Story WAV.

Postby telekon3 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:03 am

Wow! 400 views, no telling how many people downloaded this and no one can repost it or PM a copy to peterpyser? (Give me a day or two and I will send/PM you a copy peterpyser) This exactly what I was talking about in my earlier post. Before I go into my diatribe, I would like to thank the few (The very few) who this doesn't apply to and hold up this forum. To paraphrase a song known to all of us, "The grabbing hands grab all they can All for themselves after its a competitive world mostly made up of selfish bastards" I added that last part. I've been coming to this forum as long as I can remember. Maybe since it's inception. Some of you know me from way back. We've traded music with each other and have been building our collections for years. I've been into "New Wave" since the beginning. I've spent many years "special ordering" music from record stores. Reading music magazines to keep up on the latest bands or music. I have probably 85% of the "requests" posted on this forum, but I don't fulfill them because a simple "Thanks" is too much to ask for. Not always from the original poster, but from the others grabbing it. There is nothing more disheartening than to take the time to share something and see 60 to 80 or more views and not even have one "thanks" for taking the time to post it. I'm not on this earth to fulfill the needs of the anonymous m asses.
telekon3
Take On Me
 
Posts: 175
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:29 am
Location: United States

Re: Share: Fiction Factory - Another Story WAV.

Postby peterpyser » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:54 am

Many thanks telekon3 for sharing this hidden jewel in the first place, and for re-uploading it again when you have the time to do it.
I'm not a frequent visitor here, but if i ever come across some request i happen to be able to fulfill, i will do it.
Thanks again, peter
peterpyser
Running Up That Hill
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:15 am

Re: Share: Fiction Factory - Another Story WAV.

Postby eddie » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:09 am

telekon3 wrote:I saw this on another thread and thought I would post it.

Please don't post comments about "can you post it in 320k MP3"

I know I've bitched & moaned before about the level of conduct in this forum and/or the internet in general, but the sad reality is that there are several people in this forum that have been collecting music for years and love to post/share but are tired of people's complaining about bit-rate or format or not saying "thanks" or endless requests and demands. The level of entitlement in society is pandemic. Just be polite and patient and all of your needs will eventually be met. In the meantime, use that downtime to help fulfill someone else's needs. You might find in an encompassing way, everyone's needs will be met.


that's the best thing i've read on this forum - so sad that two years down the line people still post daily requests but make no effort to contribute themselves even when as you say they have been downloading for years. Thank god for private forums.
Last edited by eddie on Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
home of the world exclusives
eddie
Personal Jesus
 
Posts: 271
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:59 am
Location: where you'll never be

Re: Share: Fiction Factory - Another Story WAV.

Postby eddie » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:12 am

telekon3 wrote:Wow! 400 views, no telling how many people downloaded this and no one can repost it or PM a copy to peterpyser? (Give me a day or two and I will send/PM you a copy peterpyser) This exactly what I was talking about in my earlier post. Before I go into my diatribe, I would like to thank the few (The very few) who this doesn't apply to and hold up this forum. To paraphrase a song known to all of us, "The grabbing hands grab all they can All for themselves after its a competitive world mostly made up of selfish bastards" I added that last part. I've been coming to this forum as long as I can remember. Maybe since it's inception. Some of you know me from way back. We've traded music with each other and have been building our collections for years. I've been into "New Wave" since the beginning. I've spent many years "special ordering" music from record stores. Reading music magazines to keep up on the latest bands or music. I have probably 85% of the "requests" posted on this forum, but I don't fulfill them because a simple "Thanks" is too much to ask for. Not always from the original poster, but from the others grabbing it. There is nothing more disheartening than to take the time to share something and see 60 to 80 or more views and not even have one "thanks" for taking the time to post it. I'm not on this earth to fulfill the needs of the anonymous m asses.


and that's the second best thing i've ever read on here. well said my friend.
home of the world exclusives
eddie
Personal Jesus
 
Posts: 271
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:59 am
Location: where you'll never be

Re: Share: Fiction Factory - Another Story WAV.

Postby GingGing1 » Tue May 15, 2018 4:33 pm

Hello, could someone upadate the link please. I downloaded this the first time but my computer crashed without saving it in my hard drive. I hope someone would be kind enough to update this link. Thanks.
GingGing1
Switchin' to Glide
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:15 pm

Re: Share: Fiction Factory - Another Story WAV.

Postby eddie » Sat May 19, 2018 6:35 am

i saw fiction factory once supporting omd they got booed off.
home of the world exclusives
eddie
Personal Jesus
 
Posts: 271
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:59 am
Location: where you'll never be


Return to Obscure 80s Central

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 7 guests