Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Request: WLIR Zoobusters

Discuss hard-to-find or out-of-print New Wave and '80s Alternative, and share a few songs along the way.
NOTE: requesting songs that are entirely unrelated to the genres discussed here or easily found on CD is strongly discouraged and posts will be enforced as needed.

Request: WLIR Zoobusters

Postby MrTambourineMan » Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:26 pm

Has anyone tracked down the WLIR airstaff song "Zoobusters" from the summer of 1984? If I remember right it was Ghostbusters inspired. It would be fun to hear again with the new movie coming out.
Listener of WLIR/WDRE in the 80s/90s
MrTambourineMan
Switchin' to Glide

Re: Request: WLIR Zoobusters

Postby rewind » Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:38 am

I don't want to post it because it sampled the original Ghostbusters song and Sony Music is cracking down on illegal links (since they're about the release the new soundtrack). But PM me and i'll send to whoever wants it. It was a spoof that basically dissed the Z-100 "Zoo" for starting to play the alternative music WLIR had played long before. It included the jocks and various station "characters."
rewind
Room at the Top

Postby Sundayguy » Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:28 pm

Hey rewind, did you get my PMs? I sent 2, was really looking forward to hearing this.
If you're emailing please send to Sundayguy at yahoo dot com. Thanks!
Sundayguy
The Jet Set

Postby rewind » Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:46 pm

Sundayguy wrote:Hey rewind, did you get my PMs? I sent 2, was really looking forward to hearing this.
If you're emailing please send to Sundayguy at yahoo dot com. Thanks!

Sorry, didn't get your PM's, but am emailing you now...
rewind
Room at the Top

Postby Sundayguy » Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:34 pm

Yehaw, thanks again rewind, got it :D
Sundayguy
The Jet Set

Postby Nummymuffin » Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:45 am

Oh wow, I haven’t heard Zoobusters in decades. I’m not even sure anyone who posted here is active anymore, but would it be possible to share with me? You’d make an old WLIR fan super happy. Please, if you can, email it to [edited out email address because someone tried to sign up for Instagram with my email 4 times since I posted this wtf] and I swear this will make my year. :lol:
Last edited by Nummymuffin on Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nummymuffin
Switchin' to Glide

Postby rewind » Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:40 am

Year: made.

I just emailed it to you.
rewind
Room at the Top

Postby Nummymuffin » Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:07 pm

rewind wrote:Year: made.

I just emailed it to you.

YESSSS.

Thank you so much, seriously! :lol: I treasure any bits of WLIR I can find online and this one totally eluded me!

My cousin and I used to call the Zoo and bust their chops for the stuff they overplayed, as only kids can do, and that included making up new lyrics to those songs to poke at them... so this was right up my alley. Good times. :lol:
Nummymuffin
Switchin' to Glide

Return to Obscure 80s Central