Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Gary Numan - 4 Shared

Discuss hard-to-find or out-of-print New Wave and '80s Alternative, and share a few songs along the way.
NOTE: requesting songs that are entirely unrelated to the genres discussed here or easily found on CD is strongly discouraged and posts will be enforced as needed.

Gary Numan - 4 Shared

Postby play dead » Thu May 25, 2017 3:49 pm

There used to be a 4 Shared account that featured what looked like hundreds of gigabytes of bootleg concert recordings, demos, remixes, fan-made remixes, extended mixes, fan remakes, BBC and other live radio sessions, rare b-sides, interviews, and other things either out of print or never released officially. It was the ultimate treasure box/archive of rare Gary Numan material. I downloaded a lot of material from this thing in May 2010 through 2011, but I still only have a small portion of what was actually available due to my own lack of adequate hard drive space at the time. The live concerts and interviews were organized very well and ranged throughout almost every year of his entire career. The live recordings went up to the year 2010, I think. Since then, he released the album Splinter in October of 2013 and it became one of my favorites in his entire discography. Of course, the 4 Shared page no longer exists, which is a shame because I would love to hear the concert recordings and interviews from 2013 and so on, along with extended mixes and fan remakes. I was wondering what happened to it and if there is a new equivalent of it somewhere out there. So much work was put into it and then it just vanished. I also submitted some bootleg stuff and rarities in there that I scraped out of the musical abyss over the years.
Meow!!
play dead
Personal Jesus

Re: Gary Numan - 4 Shared

Postby Sundayguy » Fri May 26, 2017 4:34 pm

Hi play dead,

Yeah the Numan 4Shared was the place to be, for us Numan fans, and it's sad it's gone now.
I was told (in an email) by the guy who "hosted" it that he was planning a return, bigger and better, etc.
but as yet that hasn't happened.

You can try here: http://numaboots.blogspot.com/ but the site hasn't been updated in quite a while, and
at least the rapidshare links are obviously no longer working. Maybe some shows have been updated,
I didn't go through to see.

I've never personally been much of a fan of audience recorded live shows, but, like you, I had several times
shared some rare choice Numan bits there, probably shared a lot more than I downloaded, but I still miss it.

Maybe one day another good Numan site will pop up, with live stuff, non-LP, rare, OOP etc. Fingers crossed.
If you find a good new Numan source, please pass the info along
Sundayguy
The Jet Set

Re: Gary Numan - 4 Shared

Postby maccafan076 » Sun May 28, 2017 1:06 pm

I'm sorry I missed this site. I'm a huge Numan fan and I'm hoping that he might bring it back. Keep giving him a little nudge from time to time :)
maccafan076
The Jet Set

Return to Obscure 80s Central