Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Spandau Ballet a couple of vinyl boots

Discuss hard-to-find or out-of-print New Wave and '80s Alternative, and share a few songs along the way.
NOTE: requesting songs that are entirely unrelated to the genres discussed here or easily found on CD is strongly discouraged and posts will be enforced as needed.

Spandau Ballet a couple of vinyl boots

Postby eddie » Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:25 am

a decent recording of basle 1985 and a crackly malmo 19 8 83 from two 30 plus year old vinyl boots. please keep any negative comments to yourselves, thanks.

http://www83.zippyshare.com/v/44VlEeZd/file.html
Fuck's sake mate how do you manage all those usernames on guitars101 and greasy lake?
eddie
The Jet Set

Re: Spandau Ballet a couple of vinyl boots

Postby Passing_Stranger » Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:38 am

Thank you! Is the exact date of the first one known?
Passing_Stranger
Room at the Top

Postby eddie » Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:55 am

the boot is clear vinyl with no label only a plain white cover and a small piece of green card inserted saying Spandau ballet live in basle 1985 limited edition 100 copies (which could be and probably is complete nonsense).

just had a quick google looks like 24th february
Fuck's sake mate how do you manage all those usernames on guitars101 and greasy lake?
eddie
The Jet Set

Postby Passing_Stranger » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:01 am

Thank you very much, Eddie! Much appreciated!
Passing_Stranger
Room at the Top

Postby eddie » Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:18 am

She Loved Like Diamond live at BBC Paris Theatre 1982

https://soundcloud.com/user-204744216/02a
eddie
The Jet Set

Postby eddie » Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:20 am

Re-did these again to flac with some remastering now I really know what I'm doing. Basle especially sounds fantastic.
eddie
The Jet Set

Postby AJWAVE » Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:31 am

eddie wrote:Re-did these again to flac with some remastering now I really know what I'm doing. Basle especially sounds fantastic.

Some time ago I get a flac recording of Spandau in Italy in a trade for an audio of them in Spain (recorded from a television program TVE) from 1981. The first song on the italian gig (The freeze) was cut. Do you know if there are recordings with the full length song?

Regards
Are you going to start screwing over Redo like you screwed over MSK with your endless requests? what an idiot you turned out to be MATT
AJWAVE
Room at the Top

Postby eddie » Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:40 am

is that the one that goes

freeze (runtime on mine 4 minutes 10), mandolin, reformation, chant no 1, toys, coffee club, musclebound, to cut a long story, glow > audience out.

edit: had a quick check as I have two versions a) downloaded version has the song cut at the start b) my old cassette comes in about ten seconds sooner but sounds as though the original source had been chewed as it's really wobbling up to the same point as the download version comes in .

So I'm guessing it's as complete as it can be. Maybe the tape broke and got repaired and lost the opening. I've had that happen. Cassettes are very easy to repair if they break at the beginning but not in the middle.
eddie
The Jet Set

Postby AJWAVE » Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:16 am

That's interesting fact. If the original source is already like this, nothing can be done.
However it's great to be able to hear them in their early days (1981-1982)

Julio
Are you going to start screwing over Redo like you screwed over MSK with your endless requests? what an idiot you turned out to be MATT
AJWAVE
Room at the Top

Return to Obscure 80s Central